Distressed Shopper: Why do I buy this crap? They change colour after two days.
Yes this is true. I bought some "gold" rings full price from Diva a couple of months ago and was dismayed to find that they left a greenish circle around my finger. BUT - a Diva sale store has opened up in the CBD next to the Ma Higgins Cookie stand. This is a terrible terrible combination for me. There is nothing under $5 at the Diva sale store. I have been there a total of 4 times since yesterday lunchtime when I first stumbled onto it. And the temptation to pair a tonne of new jewellery and headbands with a cookie for $1.20 is just too too much to bear... Wellingtonians - this Diva will remain a sale store until January. Help... The gluttonous stash is below.


This is yet another skirt turned dress. I love the abstract floral print in the very strong 80s colours. Though it pinches a bit on the *ahem* decolletage it's not enough to discourage me from flitting to the dairy for a pack of corn chips in it.

I'm watching Ghost Town tonight - thanks, Natelle for the review! - and, given the huge time I had last weekend, I am looking forward to kicking back at the movies and having a sedate, civilised Saturday. I hope though that at least one you has as good a time tonight as this girl from Cobrasnake.

NOTE NOTE NOTE: There have been a few new commenters on my blog and I am so pleased and excited that you all found me! I will be linking to every single one of you because I've had a nosey through your blogs, left a comment or two and loved every single one of them. I plan to do this very very soon!
Yes this is true. I bought some "gold" rings full price from Diva a couple of months ago and was dismayed to find that they left a greenish circle around my finger. BUT - a Diva sale store has opened up in the CBD next to the Ma Higgins Cookie stand. This is a terrible terrible combination for me. There is nothing under $5 at the Diva sale store. I have been there a total of 4 times since yesterday lunchtime when I first stumbled onto it. And the temptation to pair a tonne of new jewellery and headbands with a cookie for $1.20 is just too too much to bear... Wellingtonians - this Diva will remain a sale store until January. Help... The gluttonous stash is below.


This is yet another skirt turned dress. I love the abstract floral print in the very strong 80s colours. Though it pinches a bit on the *ahem* decolletage it's not enough to discourage me from flitting to the dairy for a pack of corn chips in it.

♥ Peacock feather headband from Diva ♥ Skirt turned dress is thrifted ♥ Necklace from Diva ♥ Heels from Pulp
I'm watching Ghost Town tonight - thanks, Natelle for the review! - and, given the huge time I had last weekend, I am looking forward to kicking back at the movies and having a sedate, civilised Saturday. I hope though that at least one you has as good a time tonight as this girl from Cobrasnake.

NOTE NOTE NOTE: There have been a few new commenters on my blog and I am so pleased and excited that you all found me! I will be linking to every single one of you because I've had a nosey through your blogs, left a comment or two and loved every single one of them. I plan to do this very very soon!
You won't regret watching Ghost Town >:) Oh wow, those feather bands look so tempting! I'm going down there on Monday >:O
ReplyDeleteThe colours of that skirt/dress is amazing!
ReplyDeleteohmygoodness, I don't think I'd be able to contain myself if such a Diva sale store were to open in Melbourne! You bought some great stuff!
That is such a genius idea photographing all your jewellery....I have so much it would go on forever but I might just use your idea in a future post. Thank you for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteLM
x
Hahah OMG I thought it was just me with the Diva stuff!! Seriously I thought there must be something wrong with my skin or something because all the rings I ever bought from Diva have gone from gold to silver to brass!! I'm such an idiot for thinking that they go on a $5 sale for no reason. lol.
ReplyDeleteFloral dress/skirt so so pretty. The blue works wonders with your tanned skin =)
haha thank you! YOU look fabulous and so confident and your style is so unique, flirty, and amazing! i love it :)
ReplyDeletethe romantic apple: I loved ghost town. I had a little cry towards the quite-cheesy end. But I'm a crybaby so...i have been on the lookout for feather headbands ever since they started popping up on the heads of particularly fabulous bloggers. go get one!
ReplyDeletemuchlove: i still think your jewellery is far more charming - especially because it's handmade with love. all these cheap stuff from Diva is like a quick fix.
lady m: you would have a swoon-worthy collection of jewellery which deserve to be photographed and released upon the world! i'd love to have a peek.
marcella: yes i think it has limited life span these diva pieces. Now that i know how cheap it is, I don't think i can face buying full price ever again! Tanned skin? Au naturel but with a little help from a daily application of Johnson's tanning moisturiser since July! Hahaha! That's commitment!
Jaime: I just stumbled upon your blog a couple of days ago and just love it! Huge blog crush. Thank you for your sweet comment.
Ditto to Jamie's comment, your gorgeous and so fresh compared to what I normally see. Thank you, someone still has an ounce of authenticity. lovely blog honey.
ReplyDeletei love everything that you bought! so cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the sales at Diva too, but I do get annoyed by its quality too.
withasianstereotypes: now that's just too much! you are too sweet and I'm so honoured by what you said. Thank you, hun!
ReplyDeleteV: I know. Do you spot the little disclaimers they have on the back of their tags? Basically it says don't let it come into contact with perfume, water or sweat. Fantastic. Jewellery you can't really wear. And now I have a tonne of them ;)
Eek! I was so excited when I saw that sale store! I only bought one thing though, I didn't see those feather hair pieces, lunchtime today here-I-come!!! Well done on your gatherings!
ReplyDeleteADORE your dress/skirt, it suits you perfectly!! and that cobrasnake photo is too cute!!!
ReplyDeletexxx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLouise: oooo I bet you bought some great stuff too. i went back today with a friend. i refrained from buying anything more but I did spot a feather headband like mine only with white feathers. So they are still hanging around! Anyway you can always ask the girls if they have any more - they're hoarding stock in those plastic bags!
ReplyDeleteflair to remember: thank you. you are too sweet! And I just love how happy she looks. Not to mention the cute dress.
That enamel necklace is so sweet.
ReplyDeleteI was really surprised to see in pretty much all of J.Crew's jewelry descriptions that the jewelry is brass covered in gold. & for the prices they charge?!