The Front Room Links

20 November 2008

Wading Knee Deep into the Weeds

I had a wonderful time at a friend's last night. I was cooked spaghetti, parked in front of a Sex and the City DVD with a glass of sav, and finished up the evening with ginger crunch slice, apricots dipped in dark chocolate, and a lemon and white chocolate slice. Stuffed. Walking home, a bit tiddly, I waded knee-deep into weeds in order to pick some lilies growing wild along the banks. And grinned sheepishly as someone walked past and looked hard at me. Continuing on, I noticed so many beautiful flowers creeping up cracked concrete walls, spilling over white wooden fences, slithering along the edges of pavements - and I picked them all!



For a baby shower morning tea at work, there were cupcakes, a freshly brewed pot of coffee, and hundreds and thousands biscuits. Also, who-is-this-famous-baby baby game. I was in charge of decorations on my meagre funds and turned a roll of wrapping paper into a table runner, bought shiny confetti as well as made by own rubber duckie shaped confetti, and plopped purple flowers in tea glasses from Morocco.



♥ Green cardigan is thrifted ♥ Floral scarf is gifted ♥ Tee is from Zara ♥ Skirt from the Warehouse ♥ Shoes from Max ♥ Wrist hardware is thrifted and from Diva and Equip

7 comments:

  1. Woah you are one diligent blogger ana. I envy that you have the dedication to post almost every single day without fail... I am lucky to scrap together meager inspirations for outfits worthy of posting even twice a week! :S The rest of the days I dress like a bum haha!

    You look GORGEOUS today. Always so composed and ladylike. Love that moody inset one of you too. Reow ;)

    And I'm am yet to organise a re-watching of satc since it came out on dvd... I know, inexcusable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I'm in love with your outfit. So lovely and chic.
    The scarf, the skirt, the cardi... I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog, I love the whole layout and the things you write about. Keep on writing, dear!
    What's your ethnicity by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D oh ana, you make me want a floral scarf too! *trots down town*

    >:) i'm devious and stopped buy nows! i think i'll put them back up again though, because i noticed that my sales have dropped slightly when i don't put a buy now; i totally agree with you, it totally kills the joy of buying something when you have to wait a whole week for it to end!

    god damn i want some of those hundreds & thousands biscuits! would it not be cool if we can have a sunny picnic near the beach one day with loads of cam-whoring? >:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following my blog! Your blog is exceptionaly lovely!


    Tart

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just the cutest thing! I love the green color of your cardigan. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marcella: I always look forward to your comments, hun! They just make me laugh. Reow back to you!

    muchlove: thank you. hope you're having a nice weekend.

    Naoko: thanks for stopping by! and I'm so glad you like the blog. I was born in the Philippines and came to NZ when I was 8. So full Philly over here!

    The Romantic Apple: you are devious, you minx! but I'm a constant buy now shopper. it really captures the compulsive impulse buyers. There's a lot of floral scarves in Glassons.

    Paris Tarts: my pleasure! I love your blog and am especially envious of the gold dress you wear so well!

    Allison Drew: thank you allison, you're too sweet. I'm only starting to buy green things.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?