I was shocked when someone at work said, "I like your pheasant feather headband." Imagine being able to identify the type of bird based solely on the colours of a feather! While I never wanted to be an ornithologist, when I was young and impressionable, I had dreams of going into botany and studying seaweed for a living. That changed to a career in zoology, when, during NZ's version of science camp (*nerdsnort*), I was allowed to dissect an entire possum and identify its various bits. Finally, I surprisingly won a Best Actress Award at a Shakespeare Festival for, ironically, playing two male characters (it was an all girls Catholic school). It followed that I dreamt of Oscar night wins, or at the very least, a Tony or two. Things we want to be until we grow up...it's a long list.






♥ Black top and Cardigan from Max ♥ Blue dress from Witchery ♥ Belt from Portmans ♥ Earrings from Down and Out Chic ♥ Headband from Diva ♥
IAMSOEXCITEDTOMEETYOUINREALLIFEPHEASANTFEATHERGIRL.
ReplyDeleteYou are very cute Ana B!! Love that colour on you - midnight blue - totally your colour - perfection! ...and all those dreams - I get the impression you would be very good at all those careers. I wanted to be a champion olympic swimmer!! How bizarre is that? Have a lovely week!
ReplyDeletethe headband is so perfect...
ReplyDeletelove the settings too....
and anwering your question..no..i'm not at NY (wish to,though)..but we also had the vogue event organized here in greece..
the vogue hellas let the greek fashion bloggers to take part on the event.. :)
swoon your pictures are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI went to science camp too (hands on science?)
I wanted to be a million things, couldn't get my mind straight.
That headband is so pretty! Wow.
ReplyDeleteYour headband is very pretty!
ReplyDeleteI used to want to be a scientist when I was little. I would make "potions" in my room.
Oh, what a nice headband! I wanted to become a detective or an Egyptologist when I was younger :)
ReplyDeleteI love that headband!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to be an illustrator when I was proper small (I was obsessed with books, but never saw myself as a writer). Then I wanted to be an architect for ever. I actually studied architecture at university for a year, but it turned out I didn't like it and wasn't very good at it, which was a bit of a crushing blow to the way I pictured my life. But its all worked out for the best in the end!
Ooo! I love the blues and browns in this post, Ana! Gorgeous! And most impressive: zoology. Cath and I wanted to be ballet dancers and we stuck with that until college ;)
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful weekend!
Love it! So adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteXx
Great dress!!
ReplyDeleteagatiszka.blogspot.com
Your pheasant feather headband is such a cool piece. How the feathers blend together is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteoh the dreams of years (and catholic school girls) past. i couldn't tell you one feather from the rest but i do adore your headband and your dress and your belt and you know...all that jazz.
ReplyDeleteOh so cute headband and I love the way it perfectly matches your belt <3
ReplyDeleteYour blog is so full of beautiful pics! And I like your style!
ReplyDeletePeace and love!
I wanted to be an entomologist forever but books drew me in instead. I'll handle a spider any day before scott will!
ReplyDeleteI love the feathers in your hair and that is amazing someone can point out what type it is!
So pretty! these pictures look like a magazine shoot <3
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photographs and headband dear Ana! I love the way your thoughts go on your posts... I competed at a Shakespeare festival also! Freshman year, but I only made it to the semi-finals ('As you like it'). :)
ReplyDeleteHaha your coworker was totally showing off. "Oh yah I totally know all about bird feathers nbd..."
ReplyDeletePheasant or not, the headband is rather adorable.
I think there is something rather profound about the power of those "what might have been" careers. Even if we veered 360 degrees in the opposite direction, part of what drew us to them as youngsters stays embedded in our hearts and minds forever.
ReplyDeleteSweet wishes of a lovely week!
♥ Jessica
the colors are so pretty! The feathers look ambsolutely phenomenal with the navy. When I was younger I wanted to be a chemist. My mother was thrilled. Then I went to school and realized I hated science.
ReplyDelete-indigo
When I was younger I wanted to illustrate children's books. Now that I think of it again it might be fun to give it a go...
ReplyDeleteAhh, that might just be the sweetest feather headband I ever did see :) And that pine cone photo is all sorts of lovely. Pine cones are up there on my list of favorite winter props.
Oh that's very pretty. I love the autumn-y colours.
ReplyDeleteSomeone I know had a treehouse and there were some pink fungi on the tree and she told some visiting kids they were possum hearts - all that was left of dead possums - and they believed her.
beautiful blog! i love the background and great dress!
ReplyDeleteLately I've been really wanting to go bird watching--it's actually on my life list to start figuring out and understanding what species it is I'm looking at.
ReplyDelete& of course that headband is beautiful.
ana! i have this slight-crazy obsession with your cardigans and jackets (including those from previous posts). you've such amazing classic yet chic style! wish i could go shopping with you so you could help me pick out amazing cardigans/jackets too! (:
ReplyDeleteAww I love your headband love :) You looks so so pretty as usual. The color of your dress is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI love your headband too, so pretty. I also like your dress, I like that colour.
ReplyDeletePerfect perfect perfect headband.
ReplyDeleteThe last photo is really lovely! :-)
ReplyDeleteX♥X♥
Lovely headband! And you look darling in that dress as well. :) When I was younger I totally wanted to work at the zoo (preferably with baby monkeys).. until I realized it might mean dealing with poo - and then I quickly got over it. Haha.
ReplyDeleteI've missed you and your blog too! I've been trying to cut back on spending so much time online, so I haven't been doing my normal blog reading rounds. I actually have a Twitter account, but I never use it. Hmm, perhaps I'll start!
I
ReplyDeleteWANT
THAT
DRESS
bah! you look amazing! i would wear this exact outfit, but i think you look better in it!
i am going to have to check out witchery. FABULOUS name, and super dress. gah. i am broke but must take a look anyway.
I too love your pheasant feather headband! (Pheather?)
ReplyDeleteyour headband is adorable. I really wish I could pull off wearing a stunning headband like that.
ReplyDelete