The Front Room Links

01 October 2009

6,768 Miles Apart

Diana took me to San Diego, where she had a breathtaking view of the boats moored in the harbour from her hotel room. I took Diana to the re-opening of a much-loved Wellington art gallery, whose facade was polka-dotted up to celebrate the Yayoi Kusama exhibition. Where does 6,768 Miles Apart take you?

My pictures on the left, hers on the right.
6,768 Miles Apart appears every fortnight.
Our pictures are no longer limited to the morning.
But our focus remains the same.
Read how it started here.
Look at the archives here and here.

We were featured here.
Visit Diana's etsy shop for your own piece of her pretty pictures.
We also love Naomi and Marie from the transatlantic lens project &
Adeline and Astrid from Her - Der




40 comments:

  1. I love the angles you used in your photos! It looks like a fish eye almost! My favorite is the first set. Contrasted background colors, but the pinks totally match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD. DID YOU GO TO THE CITY GALLERY?????? I heard from a myriad of incredibly reliable sources that it's NEW-ness is AWESOME! :)

    I can't wait to go. My sister actually waited for 2 hours during the gallery opening day at the library cafe for the line to dissipate but it never did, so she just went home. Lol...

    I think I will go on a weekday. >:) I'm totally stoked about the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really amazed:
    how come those photos match this well?
    Theu gain so much in beauty by being next to each other...

    I completely adore the first set, the colours, the contrast, pure beauty.
    The third set made me think that it was the same place: outside and inside.
    The fourth set is sooo gorgeous.
    You ladies are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the polka dots! and those scarved sheep look intriguing, what are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!what lovely pictures...I love the polka dots and the caged bird...
    St Kilda is lovely, esp in summer, and only a short plane ride away:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is my favorite set yet. I really like the colors in the first four photos at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. is that a polka dotted building?! seriously? wonderful photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors and details. Fascinating angles and perspective. So much beauty to look at and look for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are ravishing!! So much detail and wondrous beauty!! I don't know where to begin with my favourite bits!! Your pretty buildings and flowers and mini sheep - Diana's boats and that gorgeous building peaking out above the foliage!! By the way - we had Yayoi here in Sydney a few months back - I really enjoyed it - she's quite the avant garde artist - what did you think of her work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. you guys have no idea how much I enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I just love this series so much. :) i especially love the dotted building versus the dotted boats in the marina. Amazing! Hope you're enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this is my favorite set so far. They keep getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are always the best kind of posts! you both take the most beautiful pictures. (: my particular favorites this time are the cloud reflections in the office building and the little house with the R.H. initials on it. i think. they're all great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these get better every time ! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous photos and love the background on your blog!

    Thanks for reading la vie...j'aime!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I think this is my favorite week so far! I always say that, but... for real! :) You both did some amazing things this time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my, your both such wonderful photographers. these images are lovely!

    xx
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am that, with all the comments you receive, you made it back to not one but TWO of my blogs. Thank you so much for your kind comments--and your blog. Brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. GAH!!! these pictures are awesome!!! it makes me want to get out of dodge and put my peepers (and camera!) to work spotting new sites and capturing them digitally or on film. love these. you two are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They're so beautiful and the colors are awesome. Your photographic collaborations with Diana never fail to amaze me.

    My family is fine, thanks for asking. They live outside of Manila so they're safe for now. I hope you've found your relatives and that they're okay too.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! This is fabulous! Really. I want to do something like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. An amazingly beautiful week girls! I adore all the color and patterns, it all seems very very feminine. I also enjoy seeing your lovely birds Ana and Diana's celebrity writer in the mix... :)

    Wishing you a lovely weekend!♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow. these are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. dear, am glad you are having a whale of a time always and also i love your shots in this post. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this collection of photos is lovely! well all your photos are beautiful, love the wallpaper of your blog too! matches my rose dress x

    ReplyDelete
  26. THat collection of photos are just beautiful! I love how each photo compliments each other in colour and its theme. J'adore!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another gorgeous collaboration! I always look forward to new installments of this series! I really like the angles on some of these images -- the sharp upward and downward views are quite striking!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is such an amazing idea. Gorgeous photos that tell such lovely stories.

    I adore your blog.

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. GORGEOUS pics! I love San Diego :)

    xoxo

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Marvelous glimpses into both of your worlds. I always greatly enjoy your 6,768 miles apart posts...they make me yearn to do something similar with someone on the either side of the world :)


    Wishing you a splendid and serene weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are so gorgeous; I love this project!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, what an awesome project! And cool photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is the most beautiful series of posts. What a beautiful start to my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These keep getting better and better. Congrats to both you and Diana, and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  35. whoa, you guys get better eachtime.
    ana your photos have a real consistency of patteren , and your photos are very light and comercially appealling, like this is for a travel mag or something. Those sheep things are awesome, what a shot.

    Diana, ur side rocks, so vintage and its so you, my faves are the cafe menu, typewriter and manicans,its very postcard.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?