I'm currently sprawled on the couch in front of the tv with my right foot resting on a million pillows and an ice pack, watching Fashion tv and blogging. I hurt my foot during tennis this morning and I actually cannot walk! Yeouch! I have really rubbish flat feet to start with, exacerbated by my love of high heels, cheap flats, and absolute conviction that I look horrible in sneakers. I'm contemplating ripping into a bottle of wine.
To happier thoughts - the thrifted skirt-worn-as-dress trick is always a fun one for me. I wore it yesterday as a beach dress. But I've also worn it three ways below! To score one of these for yourself, haunt your favourite Salvation Army/thrift store, and grab any patterned maxi-skirt that takes your fancy. Hitch up to your chest, check that it's not too tight around there, and wear it with or without a belt.

I wore this skirt-worn-as-dress to vote last year. Posted here.

To happier thoughts - the thrifted skirt-worn-as-dress trick is always a fun one for me. I wore it yesterday as a beach dress. But I've also worn it three ways below! To score one of these for yourself, haunt your favourite Salvation Army/thrift store, and grab any patterned maxi-skirt that takes your fancy. Hitch up to your chest, check that it's not too tight around there, and wear it with or without a belt.
♥ Skirt/Dress is thrifted ♥ Purple top from Jeans West ♥ Green bangles from Equip ♥ Grey clutch is vintage ♥ Necklace is from Diva ♥ Bangle from a fair ♥ Ring from Diva ♥ Black singlet from Charlotte Russe ♥ Bag from Farmers ♥ Black belt from Glassons ♥ Shoes from Mi Piaci ♥
Backgrounds are paintings by Henri Matisse
Backgrounds are paintings by Henri Matisse
I wore this skirt-worn-as-dress to vote last year. Posted here.

♥ Skirt/Dress is thrifted ♥ Cardigan from Max ♥ White belt is a random lace ribbon ♥ White clutch is thrifted ♥ Silver chain is thrifted ♥ Shoes from Mi Piaci ♥
Background is painting by Claude Monet
Background is painting by Claude Monet
I love how it seems that you're outfits are perfectly synced into what ever you're inspired by and what ever you write about. You're a genius at what you do.
ReplyDeleteKiss, China L.
you definatly pull off the skirt/dress thing...i have tried to give it a go before but i appear to be challenged in that area!
ReplyDeleteAah, now thats the reason for the name-spelling change. When i'd made my very first v-log mid last year a number of people said that exact same thing. Thought i'd rectifyu it once and for all and just change the darn thing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. Your posts are always a delight. How you've combined your pictures together is so striking.
Just out of curiosity how do you find fashion tv? I found myself not as interested as i imagined bvut i blame bad formatting for that :(
Happpy long weekend to you too!
xoxo
Ah the prints are fab & I like how you arrranged the photos like a collage :)
ReplyDeletethe dress' prints are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love the skirt-worn-as-a-dress concept, but have yet to pull it off myself. I love the looks you've created by doing so!
ReplyDeleteLoveLoveLOVE the background paintings you chose as well.
Keep resting that foot - I hope it feels better soon.
Love your floral dresses!
ReplyDeleteHope your foot feels better asap!
xoxox,
CC
You don't understand, if I did my SSB in front of him (salad) I'd have to share. Thus the reason why I hide my "ingredients" and only eat it alone. HAHHA. ;]
ReplyDeletexxx
Exactly. Everything can be appealing! :D
ReplyDeleteyou look gorgeous in those bright colors, I love the blue skirt/dress.
ReplyDeleteCute! =)
ReplyDeleteI really hope you heal soon!
I'm sixth form this year which makes next year my last before heading off to uni! I am contemplating going to Wellington for my uni studies...wise choice??
x
I really like the tones in your first skirt. I hope your foot heals quickly. I have flat feet too, they're such a pain!
ReplyDeleteI love that last skirt/dress! Hope your foot is feeling better. I'm glad you took the opportunity to literally put your feet up - fashion TV is sooo therapeutic! xx
ReplyDeleteThat's a great tip about the skirt-worn-as-dress. I've only tried that once, but with little success because the skirt I tried was far too large. I'm hoping to find better ones next time I visit the op shops!
ReplyDeletehope your feet gets better soon!
Gorgeous florals! Seeing this lovely collage makes me want spring to come even more quickly!
ReplyDeleteI love what you did with the skirts! I also worn my skirt as dress before, but a couple were pretty short, so they turned in a top.
ReplyDeletei love that second dress =]
ReplyDeletexoxo,
La C.
love wearing skirts as dresses. so versatileee. anyways i want to go to a buffet! that sounds so much fun. maybe ill suggest that to my bf. hehehe.
ReplyDeleteI love a re-purposed op shop find. Its helps overcome weird sizing problems too. You do the skirt/dress transition beautifully.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope your foot feels better soon :(
ReplyDeleteI love the skirt-as-dress thing but everytime I've done it I've been so self conscious... just thinking about the huge potential for wardrobe malfunctions!!
I haven't tried the skirt as a dress look in a while, but you've totally inspired me :) !
ReplyDeleteMy sister and I call this a "skress" -- I love this trick and am always on the lookout for longer skirts at thrift stores that I can wear as a skress in the summer!
ReplyDeletecute outfits. very colorful
ReplyDelete