The Front Room Links

05 February 2009

shallow waters

It's a public holiday tomorrow (Friday is Waitangi Day in New Zealand). There is a feverish tinge in the air helped along by the thousands of out-of-towners on holiday currently invading Wellington for a long weeked of rugby, people in ridiculous dress-up outfits to watch the rugby, and drinking beer in front of the rugby. Basically - there are a lot of jocks in town. The only solution is to scurry away from my city centre flat and hide out in the beach suburbs. There are worse things in life.






♥ Bikini from Glassons ♥ Skirt worn as dress is thrifted ♥ Bag is thrifted ♥ Jandals are from the Warehouse ♥ Hat from the Warehouse Headband is DIY-ed from Equip ♥ Greenstone earrings were gifted ♥

Things on Etsy inspired by seaweed


Henri Matisse and seaweed




True and proper pressed seaweed

25 comments:

  1. the first two seaweed photos of you are F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S. what a great idea, too! makes for such an interesting photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of anything more wonderful than being warm and at the beach right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think you are one of the few who looks good in seaweed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a beach holiday right about now! :)
    I am perfectly awed by your seaweed photos. They immediately made me think of mermaids. Enjoy your long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such, such fun!! I am off to Rangitoto Island for Waitangi day :)

    Ooh do you ever go to Greytown or Martinborough? They are so beautiful and conveniently close to Wellington...

    I love the seaweed photographs! The beach looks insanely beautiful as well. Have a wonderful day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that final photo with the hat, lovely post (:

    http://thestitched.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live in a beautiful place, so lucky! Wish I was there instead of snow slushy London..

    Great photos, that seaweed actually makes a great jewellery piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seaweed... yum, creepy.

    Also, I LOVE that dress, the pattern on it is amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fabulous photos =] you look gorgeous!

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never realised how absolutely beautiful seaweed could be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow look at all that seaweed - it's great, new beach couture. Love the print on that dress/skirt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome print on that sarong(?)blues, pink and greens gorgeous!!!
    Please hava a look on my other post where I have written about Vivienne Westwood's new collection!
    I'm sure you're gonna love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so wish i were going to the sevens...I just love Wellington! =)
    Do you attend Uni down there?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous photos. i love the image of the pressed seaweed and you look like a total beach babe!

    So people dress up for Rugby? That's so strange. Jocks are the worst - I would have left the city too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with the other comments - these photo's are wonderful - they make me feel like I'm right there next to/in the water. And I love that seaweed ring.

    New Zealand looks glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Waitangi Day!!!
    Honestly, you look so awesome in floral summery dresses! Makes me wanna go and get one myself : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am so jealous of you! it is like, 0 degrees where i am.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAHAH! I think you must have a slight adversion to rugby! I love that sport!:D:D

    You look gorgeous with that heap of seaweed! HAHA! And I love how you've featured Henri Matisse's works! He's one of my favourite artists!

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute ring, i like the seaweed jewelry, its very inventive i must say :)
    fxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those pictures with the seaweed are beautiful. Just beautiful darling, they remind me of my childhood.
    LM
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is fricken genius I love the seaweed wrap haha so cute! Makes me desire seaweed soup soooooooo bad baby.

    Kiss, China L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a good day, (minus the foot lol) . Thanks for your comment , i love the seaweed, and i usually hate sea weed, Brilliant thrifted dress/skirt you've got there!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. cool seaweed necklace (1st photo)!! and that thrifted dress colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?