This outfit defeated me. I couldn't quite work up the guts to wear it out the front door. I felt too conspicuous. Who wears so much lace in one go?! Unless it's a Prada guipure. There are plenty of times when I have been burned by my choice of what to unleash onto an unsuspecting public. Sometimes a couple of seconds in a "controversial" outfit is akin to Chinese water torture. Once, I even ducked out of the office at lunch time, took the bus, and changed my clothes.
Tomorrow I'm going to the races. I have a choice between two outfits - one which is consistent, safe, pretty, conformist; the other is a 60s vintage dress which is costumey and will cause stares. To make up for ducking out of this lace explosion, I know exactly which road to take.
Be brave, ladies. Be brave.



Tomorrow I'm going to the races. I have a choice between two outfits - one which is consistent, safe, pretty, conformist; the other is a 60s vintage dress which is costumey and will cause stares. To make up for ducking out of this lace explosion, I know exactly which road to take.
Be brave, ladies. Be brave.



♥ Pink top is thrifted ♥ Lace dress (worn under pink top) is thrifted ♥ Bag is vintage ♥ Shoes are Nude ♥
What a lovely lace outfit! Adorable Ana b.!
ReplyDeleteHave a great Friday!
Janet
love the outfit, especially the bag - gotta love lace :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear this outfit defeated you! I think its rather lovely :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
I love the combo of all the lace
ReplyDeleteI can sympathize with you -- sometimes I just can't quite get up the nerve to wear certain ensembles I come up with...you look really lovely here though: I think it is subtle.
ReplyDeletewaaaaaah! your lace top and dress are so pretty! i especially love the pointy hem of your white dress. it's amazing :) and nooooo! i'm not going to Cup Day!! :( i am baking during the day for a chinese new year dinner on saturday! i want to see loads of photos of you at cup day. i'm sure you will not disappoint with your outfit! ;) the more stares the better!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great outfit. Its lots of lace, but the pastels tone it down. I know what you mean about outfit anxiety though.
ReplyDeleteOh I really do love this outfit (the lace is so pretty & I love the bag and shoes) but I know exactly what you mean about outfit anxiety. Sometimes I get obsessed by the idea that people are looking at me in a judgemental way. I'll say to my boyfriend "I think that girl just gave me the death stare of doom" and he will say "I think she was actually just looking to see if the bus was coming!" hehe. I'm just a LITTLE paranoid! It's hard, I keep on saying to my boy that I wish people would dress up more (i.e. heels, pretty dresses, guys in suits and waistcoats) so I feel less conspicuous!
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic! I totally understand not wanting to look too over-the-top, but you definitely don't! Usually when I decide to be brave it works out for the best. So I say go for it!
ReplyDeleteyou look great !
ReplyDeletei love that purse, especially .
x
Oh, like all the lacy things together. Very delicate looking.
ReplyDeleteYou look so chic & elegant! Love the lace.
ReplyDeleteI love this outfit! You look so pretty in delicate fabrics and colours. I know what you mean, though, I get the same thing sometimes. Usually if I'm in a mall. Lots of evil stares from teeny-boppers.
ReplyDeleteAll that lace is so pretty!
ReplyDeletelol too cute for words. I think it will be very refreshing seeing someone sashay around the race-way in an abundance of lovely lace.
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful in it too
E xo