The Front Room Links

04 November 2008

dear susie

i don't usually steal other fashion blogger's posts but i had to just this one time...don't go changing. to try and please. i love you just the way you are.

"I KNOW that if I rolled up my Lanvin blazer sleeves, donned some cut-off denim shorts, black opaques, my Balenciaga-knock off boots and an AA tee, people would remark that I looked half-decent and vaguely dare I say chic? I've come to realise that the cliches about fashion conformity don't exist for no good reason. Originality is encouraged but god forbid if you don't worship at Christopher Decarnin's feet, think Carine Roitfeld is elegant amd that the Olsen twins are effing cool and want Alexander Wang to be your gay best friend, then you can just F right off and hide in a fashion cave, banished forever into the realms of un-cool and downright dorky...The choice in fashion is what has always endeared me to it and I will be damned if I'm to be limited to a palette/selection just for the sake of adhering to those fashion truths." Susie Bubble.

you are indomitable, Susie. you taught me everything I know about fashion blogging. even if you have no damn idea. i have a mad mad girl crush on you. read the rest of Susie's inspiring, amazing post here.

♥ ana b.




3 comments:

  1. If you are going to borrow a person's post, then I definitely think Susie's is the place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i think i have much to learn about blogging myself! I've never checked out anyone elses blogs that weren't on blogger myself but theres a huuuuge world out there for it. I'm scared ana.... :P

    I share the same sentiments as her and have actually sucumbed to those masses quite recently for which now i'm back on not giving a rats-ass about everyone else.

    Do your own thing and what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the clothes horse: she is, after all, the undisputed queen of fashion blogging in my view ;) i'm sure she wouldn't mind - (or hope she wouldn't)

    eelie: you are always such a wonderful, cheerful presence in my comments section :D welcome back. hope exams went well. the inna-netz is indeed huge. the answer for me is easy - there is no way i look good in denim cut-off shorts so that cuts that style out for completely ;) and i'm happy with that.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?