The Front Room Links

24 January 2011

madam loves mirrors

I'm packing up my belongings, getting ready for another move. This time, we aren't going far. Just a few floors above to the top floor of our building. If you tiptoe over the ledge of the balcony, you can see a sliver of the sea. The place once belonged to a Madam. Which explains the three floor-to-ceiling mirrors in the living room and in the master bedroom. The previous owners covered them up, pushing large rimu bookcases against the mirrors and hanging plants from the ceiling. I'm thinking, Poor Madam. A place with heritage as juicy and titillating as this needs attention and a proud owner. I'm thinking a Moroccan harem with red velvet curtains, sparkly mosaics and mint tea poured by the bucketful. In my dreams! If you had a place with floor to ceiling mirrors, what would you do?






♥ Photos by Rob D on a Canon EOS 5D, 24mm f/2.8 and a 50mm f/1.2 
Dress and Bag from Glassons  Jacket from Zara  Ring from Witchery ♥ Bracelets from Diva  Shoes are thrifted from Trademe 

38 comments:

  1. Oh you gorgeous thing you!!! Well *ahem* about that new abode - well - I'd leave them uncovered! Great particularly when you're rocking out to your fave band (miming expertly of course!)....hmmm...I've possibly revealed a bit too much about myself there! Have a super week! XOXO's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full length mirrors make a room appear spacious...That and the advantage of being able to always get a glimpse of your outfit full will be beneficial. (too right they should never be covered up, with such a great heritage.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have full almost celing high mirrors as my wardrobe doors in my bedroom and theyre great, can always see what an outfit looks like :)
    Must be exciting moving somewhere with a lovely view.
    Loving your dress, you certainly have the same taste in clothes as me!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...definitely interesing quesion, I donno but I need kind of place! Haha! :D Sounds so magical...

    Have a lovely week ahead!

    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly wouldn't hide them behind bookshelves! How exciting to move into a new place!
    And your outfit is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely dress Ana!! I think I'll be jumping with joy if I have floor to mirror ceiling and be silly making all the faces, haha :-) xoxoxoo Oh, and dancing! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new place sounds intriguing :)

    My place has a lot of mirrors (landlord's ploy to make the shoe box look bigger?) but this sounds like another caliber all together :D

    Such a sweet dress - love the lace and the loose fitting waist looks ueber cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is adorable and I love that dress! :)

    Lauren
    www.laurensthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. Love. That. Dress. I'm sorry to sound so trite, but there it is. The lace hem is fantastic.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy moly! for some reason i am picturing a scene from the book Shantaram (if you haven't read it sorry the reference will be lost on you!)! how wild!

    and you look beautiful! i just love your outfit! and your pictures are fab! and i want that jewelry of yours, particularly the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Floor to ceiling mirrors? For real? Wow - I want to see what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this dress is so pretty & romantic-looking. :)

    thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful outfit - I love the drape of the jacket. Zara is my absolute favorite.

    Please take photos of your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely pictures, as always :) I love your big ring!

    I can't even imagine what floor to ceiling mirrors look like, but they must be wonderful!

    *Ena*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this outfit! I have the exact same dress and love it just as much. Perfect for Summer.. though perhaps not a Wellington one :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. "a Moroccan harem with red velvet curtains, sparkly mosaics and mint tea poured by the bucketful"

    um, amaze! I know you said in your dreams, but this sounds like something that needs to happen.

    I suspect our house used to be a brothel, it is enormous and I have no idea how many people live here or how many flats there are. Of course, it could be an old hostel but that's not nearly as exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your blog and I love it! Your photos are all beautiful & the softness in these last photos is amazing :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I won´t defintely cover them because they add space albeit by illusion! ;)

    You look so fresh, Ana. Must be the off-white dress and that equally pretty jacket which I´d like to have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. As usual, I love the softness of your photos! You look gorgeous :) Hmm, floor to ceiling mirrors, ballet studio is the first thing that comes to mind... I dunno, ballet studio as a living space? haha, I'm just throwing ideas out there...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello!! haha no you're not going crazy, I moved my blog over to blogger because my old ones comment box wasn't working :(

    Fab outfit post as usual my dear, really stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, i love this!
    The colors, the textures, the shapes all together.. loving it.
    And specially i love that nail polish color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very very pretty! I actually have some shorts by a different brand with this same exact lace trim, it's lovely isn't it?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. how freaking adorable it your outfit? i love it! maybe i should be going into glassons to look for that dress...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your outfit! And your plan sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a beautiful lace trim on that dress! you look lovely all-around.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh your outfits are always so sweet! The color of your dress is just so perfect.

    xx Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  27. They covered the mirrors with bookshelves? Tsk. I'm glad you don't approve. Think of all the reflected light there will be. Good photo opportunities, methinks. Speaking of photos, do try to capture that sliver of the sea. It sounds like such a wondrous view.

    I love the soft, dreamy quality of these photos. And that dress. Oh, that dress. I've been wanting a simple yet pretty white dress for a while now. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh, i love all these colors together! that dress and those nails particularly. (: also, i am a big fan having lots of mirrors because it means lots of natural light! that way being inside is happy and sunny (or whatever else the sky is like on a certain day)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm obsessed with your dress girl! So sweet and chic! Enjoy your new humble abode!

    Check out my blog for some fabbb giveaways :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. i've just now realized how seriously wicked your jacket is.... it's like a blazer but with a relaxed front! i looove it; that's such a cool piece. hope the move is going/went well!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Even though it's not far, Good luck with the move! Your white dress is so pretty and looks gorgeous with that Zara jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks so much for the comment, I absolutely adore both the cocktail rings as well as these pictures. I also love that Rob and I have the same lens, and that you give all the fun information about the pictures.

    --Niklaas

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good luck with the move and your ideas for the space sound wonderful. The floor to ceiling mirrors sound like an interesting concept but I would definitely embrace them. I love your pictures here, you look beautiful as always. Thanks for such lovely comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. that dress is from the glas? its beautiful! wish i had seen it there :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. lovely outfit! i adore the pairing of the white dress and black boots.

    ReplyDelete
  36. ooooh this camera takes some lovely photos (although I guess it helps having such a beautiful model as subject matter) do you think I could ask your friend Rob some questions about DSLR cameras? my point and shoot is pretty much dead and buried and I'm thinking of taking the leap and buying a fancy smancy new one.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?