The Front Room Links

13 January 2010

Epic Blogger Meet Up in Paris

Naomi and I met at Gare du Nord in Paris. I knew her right away from her photos and the gorgeous pink flower in her hair. She is a goddess and such fun in person. She made, what would have been a rather lonely time in Paris by myself, sparkly, charming, whimsical, and hilarious. Together, we had huge lunches and dinners, rode two carousels (one of which was the one featured in the movie Amelie), one large ferris wheel, went up the Eiffel Tower, and laughed at all the novelty tourist crap on sale everywhere. We drank one of the strongest caiparanhas in the world, weathered rude French waiters, made fun of tourists wearing berets, and hacked at a cheap bottle of chablis with a table knife (being too scared to ask the hotel for a bottle opener). Naomi - you're the best!
To see Naomi's gorgeous gorgeous pictures of our time in Paris, visit her Flickr here.





♥ Eiffel Tower, Jardin Tuileries, Jardin des Plantes, Les Halles, Montmartre ♥

25 comments:

  1. she is such a cute little thing! what fun and how beautiful with the dusting of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect setting! I hope to meet you both in person one day, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee! So much fun. I've never experienced Paris with a girlfriend before - what a perfect way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and what fun you had !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, it sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, I'm really happy you guys got to meet up and that you're no longer lonely in Paris. Looks like you two had a really fantastic time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous you girls got to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how exciting it must have been!
    JEALOUS but also happy you two had a blast!
    First & last photos put a huuuge smile upon my face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, lucky you! i think paris could be fun any old time, but seeing it with a good friend must be a million times better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! And I am SO SO SO jealous you got to ride the carousel from Amelie! I think I might just have to go and rewatch that movie now :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds absolutely amazing! Could you imagine how much fun it would be to have a large blog meetup in Paris? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful place, i wish i can go there soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like so much fun! I wish I was in Paris right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like you had amazing fun!

    P.S. Nope, it's not hot in Melbourne these days. We had a much-welcomed cool change a couple of days ago :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, how incredibly fun and exciting this much have been! :)

    I lovelovelove the view of the Eiffel Tower through the tree branches. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had so much fun! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh very nice. I want to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello,Ana!

    I'm still dumbstruck by your photos of Switzerland,Italy and now Paris. Looks like everything is so beautiful and spectacular in there.

    Now that I've completed my Spanish tour, I hope to visit Paris next and climb the Eiffel with the husband.;)

    Thanks for sharing these breathtaking photos with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joyous photos!! I love them and Paris too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I think it's so adorable that you met up with Naomi! It sounds like you two had an excellent time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just re-read this. remember when we were waiting for the eiffel tower to light up at night?! Feeling nostalgic. Better go and nearly cut off my finger trying to open a bottle of wine. xx

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?