I made a complete fool of myself in front of Sarah Blasko. At a gig where she was opening for The Brunettes, I spotted her weaving her way from the bar to stand near the stage. Drunk on good music and vodka, I couldn't resist barelling over to her and blurting all sorts of fan-girlish things like how she was *SOCOOL* and how I *LOVEDHERDRESS* and especially *HOWMUCHBETTERSHEISTHANTHEBRUNETTES*. Was it my imagination or did she actually take a step back from me, grinning with a combination of confusion, terror and alarm? I choose not to remember.




♥ Cardigan and Dress from Valley Girl ♥ Shoes from Max ♥ Hairpin is thrifted ♥ Necklace and Earrings from Diva ♥
Holy heck, that's an amazing dress!! Is it new and in stores now? Or have i missed out?? :)
ReplyDeleteAwwww! I think she'd be totally flattered m'dear! I know I would be - she was probably a little post gig adrenalined too and a little spacey - I think it's SOCOOL you did that!!! :) I see NZ is bursting at the seams with colour and fleurs like Sydney - beautiful photos fellow Southern Hemispherian!! XXX
ReplyDeletesuch a cute dress Ana! Valleygirl has such nice things these days but I always go there and it's just so packed that I just can't be bothered rummaging through the racks :S such a shame coz their sales are pretty good too...
ReplyDelete*must have more patience*
Haha if I met Sarah Blasko I would probably fling myself on her and give her a hug - stone cold sober! I am the biggest fan. I might even have cried a little.
ReplyDeleteLoving your outfit today, the floral print on that dress is so gorgeous! I am loving all the gorgeous florals this spring/summer. x
oooh, i must check out this valley girl shop- your cardigan and dress combo is too cute.
ReplyDeletei too have chosen not to remember a lot of thing (not working great for me).
Well, whatever expression she might've had I'm impressed! Wish I had the guts to do something like that... I love going to concerts and whenever I spot an artist off stage all I can do is whisper and nudge whoever I'm with... so weak! :)
ReplyDeleteAlong with admiring your awesome outspokenness I also love your dress and photographs. That overexposed one (5th down?) is fantastic.
I love how you put your posts together. The way the images are so individual but seem to link up too. There's a real art to it, it's not just about the outfit, it's about the whole image you paint with the photography & the words. Just beautiful. Keep it up!!
ReplyDeleteThat dress is stunning & looks great on you :)
Love Bambola x
That dress is perfect. Absolutely perfect. Love.
ReplyDeletehhahahahah!
ReplyDeleteyou're drunk? sooooocool! cute really.
oh i love this floral dress and the blue robe. Love the splashes of color.
I Am Denise Katipunera
FAVE x
ReplyDeletehaha i was reading your twitter updates about this yesterday and laughing so hard. we all do it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful dress!
ReplyDeletebeautiful dress ana! ♥ makes me wanna go romp in a flowery dress too! :) its winter now and depressing in london! i want summer to come ever so quickly! :) xx
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, drunk or not, we all tend to make a fool of ourselves whenever we get the chance to meet someone we truly admire.
ReplyDeleteLovely dress <3
Such intensive colours, love them!!
ReplyDeleteLovely dress!
ReplyDelete*giggles* that's so cute :D if i were sarah i'd be thrilled! and i can't believe i missed her and the brunettes :( i am saddened! but your post cheers me up! but still saddened :( but your dress is so nice! saddened... :( oh dear, that's just my schizophrenia talking. :S
ReplyDeleteHaha, I'm sure you were sweet and she was flattered! :) Those things always seem worse in your imagination.
ReplyDeleteAnd you look lovely!
Ooh this dress is amazing!! Very summery, oh how I love summer...
ReplyDeleteyou continue to bowl me over with your outfit shots. As our days grow shorter it is nice to see a reminder of all things light and beautiful. the flower tucked in your hair is such a sweet touch.
ReplyDelete-indigo
Awe I wouldn't feel bad I'm sure it was very flattering. You look very darling btw!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty dress!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the nice comments on my blog post about the engagement :)
Amazing dress. That floral print is divine.
ReplyDeletexoxo
J
www.talkprettytome.blogspot.com
If it makes you feel any better, I'm typically like that when I meet people I admire without having any vodka in me!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love love love your dress! So summery!
Lovely photos!!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha that is a GREAT story, I love it! and lovely pics too, so summery-lovely :)
ReplyDeleteHave you ever seen the British television show "Coupling"? {If not, you must!} But there's an episode where they show the same thing, but from the perspective of two different characters -- one drunk, one not so much. Your story reminded me of that...
ReplyDelete... and also, your blue cardigan is INSANE!! So gorgeous!!
That is a most excellent dress & I love the little flower in your hair!
ReplyDeletePlus you met/coversed with Sarah Blasko!! That's so cool, haha. I'm sure she was happy to have such a passionate fan! ^__^
Aw, hun, I'm sure she was flattered! I happened to notice Gabbi's comment and I totally agree - I never have the guts to tell artists how much I admire and appreciate them. Will have to work on mustering up the ol' courage!
ReplyDeleteI can't get over how utterly beautiful your dress and cardigan are! Ana, you are a vision!
Haha, and yes, I have recently amassed quite the little collection of colored hats. In the past I've been terrible at buying hats and never wearing them. It's that whole courage/confidence issue again, gah! Anyway, enjoy your week!
I think everyones had that experience. It's awesome and embarrassing at the same time. I bet she loved it a little bit!
ReplyDeleteI never knew what type of music you listened to, this is great to hear about your tastes!
ReplyDeleteI love that dress on you!
Beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteX♥X♥
I love that long cardigan and you're making me so jealous for summer!!! :) Lovely photos, as usual!
ReplyDeleteyou look so fab! i just love that dress and that gorgeous blue sweater looks divine on you.
ReplyDeleteand your story? i am sorry, but i am laughing! ha ha hahhahah!!!!! i hope she wasn't really scared of you. hahahahhahaha!
That dress is so pretty and I love the structure to it.
ReplyDeleteyou are so funny!!!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with your dress, it is positively beautiful!
I am so in love with that dress. I love the pleating, and the blue cardigan is gorgeous and all those colors are perfect for you. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteOk, done gushing. Seriously though. Perfect.
All such stunning and gorgeous photos!!
ReplyDeletelululetty.blogspot.com
these photos and your outfit are so lovely! I adore florals.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty dress for a pretty girl like you Anna! =D
ReplyDeleteSummer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo
the print on your dress is SO beautiful! not to mention you look BEAUTIFUL in it! :D
ReplyDeletethanks you for your sweet comment my love!
ReplyDeletelove your outfit once again :)
first photo is amazing
ReplyDeleteu always have the best dress!
she must be happy to see you too and knows that you like her ! x) i love that dress . so beautiful ! aww .
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment Ana. In response, I actually had rsi a couple of months ago and it was quite bad and took a few weeks to recover. Now I am starting to feel it again although not as bad so I'm trying to rest and I think its working to some extent. Just need to get through exams and then everything will be ok.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, your outfit is lovely as always. I especially like this one of because of the beautiful colours, the floral print and I like long cardigans although I don't have many myself. Valleygirl is one of my favourite shops and I buy there probably more than anywhere else. I didn't see that dress or cardigan there but if I had I definately would have bought them.
She may just be a little bit surprised but I think she's also flattered. ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty,pretty dress! Love the burst of color. The blue cardigan completed the whole look.Love the purple daisies too. NZ is so beautiful, gotta visit it one of these days too.:)
Drop by Spain too, there are still a lot of interesting places to explore here. ;)
I love coming here and be wowed by your pictures! You look as pretty and darling as the gorgeous flowers in these pictures:)
ReplyDeletesuch beautiful pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteOOOhhhh...you are killing me with all of your beautiful Spring/summer imagery!!! Your dress is just adorable...I love the ruching in the center! BTW, Camera Obscura is just amazing...and very summery!!
ReplyDeletehehe, at least you had the guts to talk to her. i would have blushed and moved away in fear!
ReplyDeleteand i love your dress with that blue cardigan. so pretty!
Haha! Always seems like a good idea at the time doesn't it? I offered Avenged Sevenfold some of my picnic once upon a time - as if they refused some homemade chicken sandwiches from a crazed fan...
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun night and I love that dress! :) x
Oh, girl, what a funny post, haha :D
ReplyDeleteThat dress is beautifuly beautiful, I really like your colourful style, and that blue cardigan goes great with the dress.
Peace and love!
+1 to the person that mentioned the Brit Sitcom "Coupling" Most hilarious thing I've seen from brit in the last few years for sure. Let me know if you want them Ana. Have them on my PC @ home
ReplyDeletepretty florals...!
ReplyDeletegreat blog and great pictures!
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty pictures! You always post the best pictures! Love it. xx
ReplyDeletelol yes i choose not to remember a few things myself! you look lovely deary!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your dress!! So pretty and so fun :)
ReplyDelete