The Front Room Links

25 June 2009

6,768 Miles Apart

From Diana to me: I find myself hunting my cat to catch it and take pictures...These photos (the ones I did have) represent my solitude in the morning when i see them. The bags? Those are our bags, and I very much needed this vacation.

From me to Diana: I'm astonished at how similar the subjects of our photos are this week. Your cat looks like it's eyeing up the neon-coloured fish swimming in a tank...biding it's time. Those books of yours? Your favourite writers?...I also took photos of my books, stacked against the wall! Except there's an embarrassing selection of chick lit on the top row.

This is 6,768 Miles Apart.
Her name is Diana. Her pictures are on the right.
My name is Ana. My pictures on the left.
Read how it all started here.

32 comments:

  1. amazing! yes, i know my modesty sucks but i love the collaboration!
    i like the quotes, too. it adds a personal touch the readers don't see often

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, whole lot of connections this week.
    birds-people flying away for vacation
    i cant think of anything for eggs-shoe
    i like the colours you guys got going on, pinks, greens and creams.

    thanks for dropping by ana .b
    i do use pen,pencils, ink and sometimes watercolour ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week is by far my favourite 6,768 Miles Apart collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the famous birds ;) I've never seen an orange canary before. They do make a cute pair.

    So many wonderful things about this week's photos - animals, travel plans, books. You two are the best. I'd high-five and hug you both if I could! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also try to stalk my cat and take cute pictures of him, but it never works :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photographs. They do coincide very nicely! Diana has one of my all-time-favorite books, ' On the Road (the original scroll)'... I had read (and am a fan of) the original publication ages ago but the original scroll is almost a completely different book... it blew my mind. :) Also, your birds are lovely... are they canaries?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this collaboration!! It's such a perfectly wonderful way of connecting with people you're distanced from.

    (And I completely agree about cupcakes growing like flowers -- so whimsical!! Now if I could just figure out how to grow them in real life!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These rae gorgoues! Your photos work well together - must be ESP!

    Your birdies are cuties - lovely to meet a fellow Southern Hemispherian!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the insert of the quotes!!! we get to see a tiny bit into your minds!!! woo hoo!

    and i have to stalk my kitties for photos, for love, etc. i force myself upon them many times a day in order to get the hugs i need. kind of like my mom. horrors! h ahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh man, me too! i've been in love with that boy ever since angels in the outfield (:

    p.s. this project thing you do is so cool! i love viewing your pictures next to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's awesome how your photos go together! she must be a great friend!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute cat! I love chick lit too! I think they're great for when you want to take a break from heavy classics or serious books! xoxxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this...fits so well together, like pieces in a puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a nice blog, I love the layout and everything...!! I have a black cat 2, arent those the best?

    ReplyDelete
  15. the tank of fish looks so relaxing!! hmmm I think you kinda know what it would look like..=)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing! Love the photos. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol chivk lit

    surprisingly i keep a few of those myself .. they're right next to kakfka in my bookcase ;)
    We Were Damsels
    we really appreciate you stopping by our blog we love every comment makes us smile : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. the juxtaposition of these images is striking and how funny is the cat beside those fish? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful. I love how you guys do that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how your photos relate to each other. These always remind me to take things more slowly.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful collaboration between the 2 of you. The black cat is so gorgeous, reminds me of my old cat when I was younger. Just looking at those hard boiled eggs makes me hungry. Have a beautiful day ahead! :)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always look forward to these!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What stood out to me is that they're similar not only in subject but also in style. Like in the 2nd set, both pictures have such a narrow depth of field. It's cool how that works out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. im loving this blog more and more!
    happy wknd x
    Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow what a great collaboration! :) Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another fantastic set. I especially like the one of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice photos. I like the cat, so beautiful. I also noticed on you profile it says you are a solicitor which I think is very cool because I am a law student and finishing all my exams and graduating is something that seems very far in the future right now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the whole Miles Apart concept. Was it you own idea?

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?