The Front Room Links

26 February 2009

babies and other scary things

At lunchtime I helped pick out baby gifts for a baby shower we're having at work tomorrow. Well - perhaps I didn't help given that all I did was stand around and look at baby-gro's and cupcake-shaped mobiles askance. You know you're not ready for a baby when you look around a baby shop and (a) wonder if the toddler clothes come in adult sizes because that floral romper would look amazing on you and (b) get bored very quickly and wish you could get into the playpen.


♥ Headscarf is thrifted ♥ Top from Forever 21 ♥ Skirt is thrifted ♥ Bag from Farmers ♥ Shoes from Zara

Thank you to two lovely ladies, Janetteria and bizuteria. Janetteria gave me the "Unique and chic" award, whilst bizuteria graciously passed me the "Kreativ Blogger" award.



Also milk at 2 Percent sent over the 6 Things That Make You Happy tag.



Number 6 being The Patient Photographer's parents' singing washing machine:


Adventures doing the Washing from ondressingup on Vimeo.

I pass both awards and the tag to:

Dooder City
heartbreak stroll
A Cat of Impossible Colour
fabulous everything
City of Petra
shimu's holiday


Enjoy and pass on if you wish, lovelies!

24 comments:

  1. Ana !
    thank you very much!
    Your earrings are beautiful, you look sexy today :-) and the 6 Things That Make You Happy, really make me happy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, that's very kind of you! :D Yay. And that washing machine is O for Orsum. Oh, and I always look at children's clothes and wish they came in my size. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello love<3 thank u for the awards and tag! i'm excited to do it hehe :) those pics make me incredibly happy too, thanks for sharing. this reminds me that i've always wanted to buy fresh flowers to put in a nice vase for my house!

    much love,
    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby showers and bridal showers: two things I try to avoid.
    I LOVE your earrings, and the lace top is delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree babies are scary. What a coincidence, I just popped by to pass on an award to you aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you look lovely! The top and scarf looks so light and feminine.

    Oh, and the fabric can be cotton or silk. Mine is cotton, and is a cheaper machine-made one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much!!!
    :D Niki and I are so happy.
    we never got one before :)

    and by the way that babies stuff is so funny.
    me too, want those toddler clothes for myself several times, can't help. It's cute!

    you make my day!!
    Pan's Holiday

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank u.i love your shirt!!so romantic

    ReplyDelete
  9. babies... *shivers* sweet jesus, lets not talk about it :|

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that blouse on you--so romantic and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all of those images are lovely and how nice would it be to sleep in that bed?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those earrings! I am in the process of planning a baby shower... and I'm so jealous of all the cute little clothes and bows. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo, I love that machine.
    Thanks so much for passing this on to me. I will take care of it soon:)
    Have a great Thursday...is it still Thursday there? hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely earrings and lace top!

    Congrats!

    xoxo: Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much to love here!

    (a) made me laugh!

    And I adore that bed...

    Congrats on your awards, too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a lot of magazine you're carrying there girl! love your outfit, the top is so pretty, i have a very similar one in navy from topshop, wish summer will be here quicker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That washing machine has made my day! I've never seen (or heard!) of anything like it :)
    I do enjoy shopping for other peoples' babies, the thought of one of my own is quite scary! I agree with you about how cute their clothes are though. With that said, I do have a size 5T toddler dress that I can wear as a halter top ;)
    I'll make sure to post about it when the weather warms up here.

    Ahh, next to babies in the scary department would be library fines. DvD fines kill me at $1/per late day. Eek!

    Congrats on your awards! Your 6 Things list was indeed a happy one :) Ms. Milk has tagged me as well, but I'm still finalizing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your lacy blouse. Baby stories are even scarier than babies in my opinion--cuteness overloads.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can understand the baby thing lol.
    Good post I want a singing washing machine now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omigod a singing washing machine!! :D

    And totally agree with you about the not-ready-to-have-a-baby thing, because whenever i go to the baby factory, i try to snatch the best toys from the kiddies in the play pen, but then their mothers would beat me up. :(

    Also, The Navigators are on every night just outside the TSB Arena (aka Queens Warf Event Centre, if you enjoy talking with a few extra syllables ;) ) at 8pm, every night from 25th feb til 7th mar! You should totally go along on a good, clear night! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omigod a singing washing machine!! :D

    And totally agree with you about the not-ready-to-have-a-baby thing, because whenever i go to the baby factory, i try to snatch the best toys from the kiddies in the play pen, but then their mothers would beat me up. :(

    Also, The Navigators are on every night just outside the TSB Arena (aka Queens Warf Event Centre, if you enjoy talking with a few extra syllables ;) ) at 8pm, every night from 25th feb til 7th mar! You should totally go along on a good, clear night! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. The sleeves on that shirt = entirely amazing.

    AND FOUND IT:
    DETECTIVE NAME:(favorite color, favorite animal)

    so.. purple panda?
    that doesn't seem quite so... detective-y.

    ReplyDelete
  23. and what is this "king of kong"? update on the gaming situation: there's now guitar hero... i'm never getting work done ever ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG -- where does that bed come from?? It's amazing.amazing.amazing!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?