The Front Room Links

05 March 2011

jackets behind bus stops


I think back to my eighteen year old self, living twenty minutes away by bus from the city. My friends and I used to stand at the bus stop at ten o'clock on a Friday night, shivering, readjusting strapless tops, and popping gum. When the bus rounded the corner, we shucked off our heavy winter coats and chucked them behind the bus stop, ready to be collected once we stumbled back home. Once, we got back in the early hours of the morning and the wind had blown our jackets across the road. Now, at twenty seven, I live in the middle of the city. Within minutes I can be at any restaurant, cafe, gig, movie, play, club, or bar that suburbanites drive upwards from fifteen minutes to get to. Funny now how my favourite thing to do is stay at home.


♥ Photos by Rob on a Canon EOS 5D, Nikon 24mm f/2.8 
♥ Trench Coat from H&M ♥ Dress from ASOS Petite (ribbon not included) ♥ Shoes from Topshop ♥ Ring from Diva 

37 comments:

  1. i agree, my most favorite thing to do is stay at home. my idea of an awesome friday night is to have good tea or a drink with the guy, a good magazine article or book, and catching up on some tv :) not very exciting to some, but i love it<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, that dress is amazing on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such pretty pics, I'm in love with your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit! I am exactly the same, I love nothing more than staying in with my boy and my kitty-cats, especially now that its getting colder xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same jacket in a different colour :D
    I use do do similar things as a 17/18 year old, catching the train to the city and back just for fun. Roaming the neighbourhoods and parties every weekend, they were the fun days. Now Im a bit boring an am at home much of the time.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story and a lovely dress. I'm also enjoying staying at home more and more... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's true, i was just talking about that with my husband a few days ago, as a kid, all i wanted to do was stay out of the house but now it irks me whenever there's so much to do outside when all i wanna do is relax at home. you also know you're getting old when you forget to turn on the car radio. :)

    join my StiLa giveaway!
    http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, its so funny how things change. I get so tired now by like 11 - and I am only 22! Sometimes I wonder how I was able to stay up until like three in the morning when I was 18 or so. You look beautiful in these photos love and I really adore your smile! So lovely..and this dress! Red is such a great color on you. Have a great rest of your weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. funny about the coats :)

    Such an unusual cut in the bodice and I love how you added a bow :) Looking great ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is adorable! It almost looks like a suit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How totally darling you look!
    It is funny how one spends adolescence (well,I was a late bloomer,personally)longing to be in the centre of the action,and once one is firmly established there,just can't be bothered with it!
    Wellington is such an exciting city,I think.I would love to be there right now-at least the places to go are upright!!!
    Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ten years ago my friends and I would sneak into bars, go for late night bike rides, and go wayyy over our alcohol limit. Kinda sad some of them are still doing that now (minus the bike ride, it's more like collecting DUI's) but I love staying home, too now.

    I love your coat! Actually, I love everything but I just got a pretty new trench coat and am amazed how it with everything. Looks stunning with red!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen. It is perfect. Love the colour and style. I adore your coat too. I enjoyed your story. I wish I was 18 again so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look absolutely darling. love the story! and the red. oh my gosh, you left me so many nice comments the other day! so sweet.

    by the way, i totally showed your blog to my dad yesterday haha. we were talking about weddings, and i was like, "you have to see this one girl who did the photography for a wedding in new zealand!" or something. anyway, he loved them. (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. i LOVE that story. so so so awesome :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  16. the dress is BEAUTIFUL. perfect for a lovely little lady like yourself. I live in the burbs and I travel 5 hours to get to the city! Every weekend I yearn to be in Auckland or Wellington but instead I am in NP sitting at home watchign DVDs and reading books. which is not toob bad either :)

    p.s. I LOVED your photo of you in the glasses that Adeline sent out. it was like something from a fashion editorial. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh I love that asos dress, I'd contemplated getting a similar one. You look super cute, I love that you added the bow around the neck

    I live in the suburbs, but honestly, I prefer it. One of my favourite cafes is in Lyall Bay (Diamond Deli, how good?!) and I find it doesn't take me too long to get into the city - compared to many other cities!

    Although in saying that, I do appreciate how good living in the city can be!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it´s because right now you have everything within your reach. Personally, I prever to live away from the noise of the city and only do I take the bus if I need something from there. I actually live far right now and I´m having the time of my life. :)

    That´s a cute red dress you´re wearing, Ana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that red dress is stunning! <3 Looks great on you ana

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your outfit! Great color combination! So stylish! Xoxo ♥

    Rocio R.

    http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so lovely! I love that dress!!! so so pretty! Oh, and the wedding pictures came out so good! They look magical. I bet they are way excited.

    Thanks for the get well comment. I am actually feeling better! <3

    xo
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blog post put a HUGE smile on my face... ah the things we do as teens. The jackets behind the bus stop is classic though. Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love that dress :) i recently moved to the middle of the city myself where everything is within reach in minutes and all i want to do is curl up with a book at home...haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's such a pretty dress! Especially with the ribbon. And these pictures are really beautiful and inspiring in every good way.

    *Ena*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its fun to be young and reminiscing for a while its helps fight stress e. BTW Love the dress and the coat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look so pretty;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Since I live in the Philippines I don't quite know the right way to wear a trench, so I'm taking notes from your outfit for my trip to Europe!

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  28. I adore this story! Did you really chucked your coat behind the bus stop? That's so adorable!

    Always love your pictures.


    Camila F.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey there! Just found your blog... so cute! I love the background flower image you're using... I'm a sucker for stuff like that :)

    Love you dress, too. That's a good color red for you. :)

    thevioletreaction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. My idea of heaven = being at home! I totally agree with you there! Love that big smile you have there in the second photo!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow I love your story about waiting for the bus and stashing your coats behind the bus stop! It's funny how we live in a world now where I wouldn't even dream of that- I'd return and those coats would definitely be missing! I actually love staying at home too haha, nothing like kicking back and relaxing at home in the warm!

    Adore your dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a gorgeous dress, Ana. Red is very becoming on you.

    Staying at home has always been my favorite thing to do. Haha, oh my, what a little old lady I am.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?