There are people who can't go home in Christchurch. They're huddled in welfare centres with a blanket, the clothes they slept in, and the bag they took to work. I panic at the thought of having home ripped away from me like them. This morning, I felt spooked. There'd been three small earthquakes in Wellington on the same day. I said to the boy, "Remember our plan? This is where we meet if we can't get hold of one another." Then I packed extra snacks and my passport. Maybe, that's all we need. The people we love, food and drink, and a way to escape.





you always have the BEST photos. i love this set.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, it is really scarey what is happening to the world...the floods and then the cyclone in Australia and now the earthquake in new zealand!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are beautiful as usual, I especially love that last photo with the sun streaming through the trees. I just went on a bikeride in the sunshine, such an amazing day here today :)
Rose
just saw on the news today. it's sad and really scary. one never know when this kind of disaster will happen. Am praying for Christchurch.
ReplyDeletetake care ana.
it really is terrible news. keep well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you and Rob are safe.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Adeline, I'm so glad you guys are ok. <33 I'm so sorry your fellow NZ's had to go through this.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't help that I saw that movie 2012 and am constantly aware of the melting glaciers and snow to know that global warming is in full effect, 24/7. I honestly keep an emergency bag with water and food for my cat and a small first aid kit I got at the dollar store. Something about it keeps me feeling safe but or less worried knowing that there's that inevitability of having to probably use the bag in the future.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are beautiful. Something about it is so peaceful and quiet.
Patricia Ann
www.theshapesofthings.com
Glad to here you are okay ana, gorgeous pics as usual! <3 xxx
ReplyDeletesuch a beautiful skirt :)))
ReplyDeleteI did not know there were also earthquakes in Wellington. I am glad it was nothing more. I wanted to make earthquake plans... just in case. I still feel rattled.. but the kindness & support from the rest of the country (and world) has been amazing.
ReplyDeleteps I love the photographs. :)
I hope things are a lot better now in Christchurch. I was shocked when I saw the news yesterday.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are beautiful as always. Afternoon shots?
cool skirt! and what magical photos!! the trees and the lighting... it's all so perfect!
ReplyDeleteVery pleased to hear you are not affected by the earthquake. I've been watching the news and it really is a terrible catastophe....my heart and thoughts go out to your fellow countymen.
ReplyDeleteThe situation in Christchurch has almost rendered me speechless. I am beginning to freak out those around me...but I just have nothing to say.
ReplyDeleteI am selling my wedding dress for charity...just to see if I can help!
We have a photograper in mind, but have not signed anything yet, how did your photos turn out?
I wondered if Wellington felt any aftershocks or had earthquakes of its own last week. I'm glad you are safe. ♥
ReplyDeleteOh, and that last photo? STUNNING.
I know it's been a bit since the quake now, but my thoughts still go out to everyone in NZ who's been affected - stay safe!!
ReplyDeletewow, i can't imagine the panic i would feel not having a place to call home. but you're right, what we need is often much less than what we think. b and my two dogs- as long as we were together, i know it would be ok.
ReplyDelete