Did I tell you about my NYE last year? When the clock struck twelve in Quinto di Treviso, Italy, I was curled up on the couch inside a convent watching tv. In the main residence, just one icy field across from my room, a group of nuns were happily imbibing prosecco in the candlelight. Dogs were jumping through hoops on the tv screen. I thought Wow. That's amazing. Then I fell asleep.
If you're alone on NYE, don't worry. Relax, have some wine, eat something delicious, watch a movie, and go to sleep before midnight if you want to. Who cares! If you're with friends, I don't have to tell you to have fun. Because I know you will! Thank you for sharing 2010 with me. Let's hit 2011 with everything we've got.





♥ We're at the pier on Petone Beach ♥
P.S. And I made a video for you. You might even hear me talking in it! *GASP*
beautiful pictures, the gradations in the sky is beautiful
ReplyDeleteLove you, Ana.
ReplyDeleteHere's to 2011! Happy New Year!
(Still eleven hours to go here blah)
Everything you do is GOLD!
ReplyDeleteLove your laugh, love your voice and that pier looks stunning! Visiting NZ is one of my dearest dreams.
Thank you so much for sharing this video, really made my day!!!
Btw, that song by Cocoon, you know they're French, right? *proud face*
Your NYE sounds wonderful. And I love how calm and beautiful the video is. Hope you have a happy new year!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for featuring me on your lovely tumblr! It's of course ok with me :)
*Ena*
I don't think I'd like to be a seagull ♥
ReplyDeleteBeautiful video, Ana. I liked it so much I've watched it twice.
These photos from the Nikon FE2 are stunning. I love the grainy greys and the hints of sea-foam green. They're a testament that there's beauty in everything - even rainy days.
Happy New Year!
Darn it, now i'm homesick!The video is lovely...what song is in the background? Thanks for your lovely comments on the dresses...I almost got the one you liked...its not even a "proper" wedding dress, which made me like it even more:-)
ReplyDeleteStunning pictures and I love your story from NYE from 2010! Hope this year brings you lots of luck!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!!Love the laughter,my fave sound!
ReplyDeleteO,it was orzo as in the rice shaped Italian pasta! What is the restaurant that does the amazing cheese thingy you were describing? I'm coming up at the end of the month,and might just have to try it!!
Happy New Year! X
that first story is SO cool! thanks for sharing it :)
ReplyDeletexo Alison
Oh my goodness! These photos are so beautiful. Yours always are :)
ReplyDeletexx Bonnie
http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com
godd, this video is so beautiful! the music/scenery/editing are perfect, and you have the cutest laugh hehe.
ReplyDeletep.s. i linked you in my latest post, because i gave you an award! you probably already have a million, but.. still. (:
love the feel/mood of these photos!! breathtaking xx
ReplyDeleteAna, you always have the most inspiring posts. I'm with you on hitting 2011 with everything we got... and yeah, I think I'd like to be a seagull too! ♥
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year lovely :) Hope it's a great one for you and that our dear little country has a better time this year too (Pike River, Christchurch earthquakes last year etc) All the best xx
ReplyDeletelove this video. especially what you said right at the end. i don't think i'd like to be a seagull either. :) sorry i couldn't make our monday meetup! i was trying desperately to get into uni without a swipe card. go me.
ReplyDeletei've asked this a million times i'm sure, but you know the bokeh video you made a few posts back? what was that song you used? i keep watching your video just to listen to the opening!
and now i want to know what song is in THIS video too!
nice photography! :) cute outfit!
ReplyDeleteI used to sleep on NY´s Eve too when I was working and don´t go home for the holidays!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Ana!
PS: Love hearing your voice and your laughter for the 1st time. ;)
wow! that is i a helluva nye! i cannot top it! not even if i tried!
ReplyDeleteall the hype around the holidays gets pretty ridic. and going to bed early and/or being alone on nye REALLY ISN'T THE END OF THE WORLD! yay!
hope 2011 is a good one for you (and for me)! :)
wow amazing pictures :)
ReplyDeleteEverything in this post is so beautiful. From ythe pictures (35mm film does miracles to memories), the video, which goes so well with the music and even though it shows rain and wind, it looks totally cozy if that makes sense.
ReplyDeleteLast year on NYW i was sleeping by 12.20am, it's not that first day that counts after all. Wishing you the best for this new year!
Petone beach! this brings back sooooo many memories. My mum used to live in this wicked old house on Petone beach and most days we would walk along this very pier you are on! Isn't it lovely around there?? I'm really looking forward to 2011 time for some major changes in my life I think!
ReplyDeleteYou make spending NYE alone sound so cool, haha. This year I had to spend it alone, indeed because my parents went to New York and my brother decided it was cooler to spend it with his million friends partying than with me. All I ended up doing was playing Wii in my pjs and falling asleep on the couch, haha. But yeah, 2011 will be greattttt!
ReplyDeletexo
Sealverland
I love your video and I'm so pleased you made it. It truely was beautiful and it was great to see the scenery. I also liked the song. What is it called and who is it by? Thanks for your comment on my last post. Yes, I am engaged. I have been for about six months now. We are having a long engagement and planning to get married at the end of next year. I wish you the best for 2011.
ReplyDeletethaaank you for all the nice words! you are truly wonderful. by the way, i have seeeeriously been thinking about your video all the time the last several days - the rain with the windshield wipers part, specifically. it's just so magical!
ReplyDelete(Ana, passed you another award today!)
ReplyDeleteLovely photos. Hope you'll have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteLoove your video!!! You should deffinately make more :) The end is awesome, Im pretty sure I wouldnt like to be a seagull either ;)
ReplyDeleteThe photos are beautiful too, do you use a filter on the photos or is it a type of camera lens?
Rose
the photos are absolutely gorgeous and i loved watching the video. can you tell me what song is playing? it's so pretty.
ReplyDelete