When I first started this blog, I was talking to a friend about how some fashion bloggers received free clothes to review. My friend snorted, rather cuttingly, "Who's gonna give you free clothes? The Salvation Army?" Ouch. This was the first memory that came to mind when Threadless sent me an email about their Select line inviting me to take my pick. The Select Line is designed by the community and curated by Threadless. It includes original Threadless designs blown up, scaled back, with the original concepts intact. The products are printed with water-based inks on finer cotton, to be softer and eco-friendlier.



The Dandy Lions Girly Tank Dress is made of cotton so incredibly soft and light it reminds me of marshmallows, cotton wool and furry white rabbits. Seriously. It didn't embarrass me at a semi-posh restaurant for a girly dinner, flashed up with flats, a gold locket, and a fitted jacket. And it did well during an early morning weekend wander through town in search of tea and pancakes. It's let down a bit by the strange placement of the pocket, which kind of lolls and droops around the side of my chest. Also, the soft fabric and straight cut of the dress became quite unforgiving after I developed a Chinese food baby bloat, making me fearful of having just one more cup of tea.






The Dandy Lions Girly Tank Dress is made of cotton so incredibly soft and light it reminds me of marshmallows, cotton wool and furry white rabbits. Seriously. It didn't embarrass me at a semi-posh restaurant for a girly dinner, flashed up with flats, a gold locket, and a fitted jacket. And it did well during an early morning weekend wander through town in search of tea and pancakes. It's let down a bit by the strange placement of the pocket, which kind of lolls and droops around the side of my chest. Also, the soft fabric and straight cut of the dress became quite unforgiving after I developed a Chinese food baby bloat, making me fearful of having just one more cup of tea.


♥ Dandy Lions Girly Tank Dress from Threadless ♥ Cardigan from Max ♥ Jade necklace is self-made ♥ Bag from Farmers ♥ Sandals from Witchery ♥
Despite that, wearing this dress made me feel cool, laidback, and low-maintenance. Basically, everything I'm not thus the transformative power of clothes. Threadless is a great t-shirt company which respects the environment and supports artists and designers. I will definitely keep this dress around for summer but I've also got my eye on this truly cool sweater with foxes on it. And clingy dress be damned, I did have that one more cup of tea. And some cake. Thanks, Threadless. Your dress and I had a blast!
How lovely is that?! ...and how lovely do you look?! It's a very pretty dress - I love the threaded detail of the lions etc.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute print. It looks great on you too. I know what you mean about thin type of fabrics which become clingy. You could always wear some of those undergarments that suck your stomach in :) theyre always handy for dresses like this.
ReplyDeleteRose
Wow, those lions are so pretty! The dress looks so comfy too!
ReplyDelete*Ena*
Very pretty dress indeed!! I love ecofriendly clothes that looks good! Sounds like you had an amazing day :-) xxoxoxoxoo
ReplyDeleteI really like the print on that dress. I know what you mean about those type of fabrics though - I've been caught in that trap a few too many times! haha.
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
oooh that's a great looking dress! i love those photos of you in it.
ReplyDeleteThat print is so much fun! I hope there's not an age where you have to stop wearing prints like this - they make me smile whenever I see them!
ReplyDeleteNice selection, Ana. Look at those lions! So cute. The dress looks terrific with your jade necklace and green cardigan. We've all had similar experiences with food babies and unforgiving fabric, right? hehe ;)
ReplyDeletethis is so lovely! that dress looks super soft and the print is adorable. I used to shop at threadless way back when--i might just have to take a peek sometime soon!
ReplyDeletexx
MILK TEETHS
oh, it's so great! that's awesome you got it for free! sounds wonderfulll. anyway, thanks for sharing sam's etsy shop with me awhile back! i love her (i'm guessing it's a her?) stuff a lot!!
ReplyDeleteI llooovveee your sandals! that dress looks super cute with the green cardigan. and amazing.necklace.
ReplyDeletexoxo
these lions are so cute !
ReplyDeletehttp://selenite.weebly.com/
what a great review! and i love how you described the feel of the cotton. i want to touch it! will check out the links you provided!
ReplyDeleteOhh the dress is so cute! And you are too <3
ReplyDeleteLove these pics and the print is soo cute :)
ReplyDeleteI love the print on the dress. It´s so playful! :) Since it´s brown and my fave year round color most of the time, I´m loving it more. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou look so lovely wearing that dress, Ana and you don´t look bloated at all!
Love it, Ana! I hadn't heard about their select line just yet. And you look awesome in the piece they sent you. Congrats on the freebies too ;)
ReplyDelete