Spring has brought about a restlessness. I shift constantly in my chair, sitting behind my desk. I gaze out of the window, my thoughts drifting in a sea of...blankness, discontent, impatience. I daydream of Jardin des Plantes in a Parisian winter, of all the furious machines bleating and bleeping in a pachinko parlor in Osaka, Japan, think back to the hours I spent with a best friend hunched over coffee in a dark and enclosed cafe above a library. This spring I think less of the future and more of the past. I wake up at 6 in the morning, go for a run, read my book, and I can't shake the feeling that there must be more. More than this.



life swap, you can indulge your love of romantic novels in all the shitty bookshops here and I can have a taste of spring over there.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, especially the 3rd one!
ReplyDelete♥
hey girl! I've missed you and your blog posts... Hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are beautiful, almost poetic. I'm enjoying your flickr page right now :) I'm inspired to take out my polaroid now.
Hello there! Your words and imagery is sublime... What a simply lovely blog <3
ReplyDeleteKisses from France!
your images are lovely.
ReplyDeleteyou are restless. i get that way, too. content, then bored, then restless. it is kind of maddening, and then the cycle starts all over again. bah.
Lovely description, I read it as if it were like a scene from a Jane Austen novel hehe :)
ReplyDeletecute pics!
ReplyDeletebreepluse.blogspot.com
perhaps your restlessness if giving you a new eye for beauty? these photos are gorgeous. really unbelievable.
ReplyDeletewe're heading into fall where i'm gearing up for the hibernation of winter. this always makes me antsy too.
your photographs suggest more. let spring over take your senses, then perhaps your restlessness will die down. you'll find a balance, i'm sure of it.
ReplyDeleteI love this lovely post!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYour life is a dream, Ana B.
ReplyDelete