Remember Choose Your Own Adventure books? I used to keep a finger between the pages of each choice that I made in case the path I'd set myself on ended up in death (Their fangs are long, sharp, and numerous, which they waste no time in demonstrating to our hapless heroes. THE END) or utter fiasco. What if life were like one of those books? If you wanted, you could get another bite at the apple. You could live the life you missed out on when you turned left instead of right; chose that boy over the other one; took that huge risk instead of stayed safe.






♥ Dress from Valley Girl ♥ Bangle from Newtown Fair ♥ Shoes from Glassons ♥
hey ana! love the sun! here it's suppose to rain now but i don't know. It's just sunless but still hot as hell.
ReplyDeletei love the dress. Reminds me i need to buy flat shoes soon. Am on my 4th month next friday. Can't wait for december.
Pretty frock!We've had lovely sunshine all weekend down here!
ReplyDeleteI just went out with Marie (in america) and I kept talking about things we did in Paris because in terms of peoplewhomeetonlinewhomeetupinreallifeinparis, I think we did a pretty amazing job of it xx
ReplyDeleteHey,
ReplyDeleteI remember those adventures books you're talking about...I feel fine today now I've read what you wrote. Thank you.
Lovely pictures my dear! :)
ReplyDeleteyour post is exactly what i am feeling right now. i am at a forked road, but i wonder if there will be a right decision??
ReplyDeleteI loved those books as a kid...in fact I still have a few and I still read them with my fingers in the pages.....
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous sunny pics! Love this dress on you, so flattering.
ReplyDeleteKeep choosing adventures that make you come alive!
viv
http://parkandvivianne.blogspot.com
ooo It looks so warm in your photos! Lovely outfit, are they little people on your dress?
ReplyDeleteRose
Your tranny was chic... and so are you.
ReplyDeleteWow Ana... sort of like you read my mind here. Lately I've been a bit obsessed with the idea myself. At one of the places in life where what I do could truly and obviously affect my future... also afraid that no decision makes my decisions for me. Wonderful post. You forever have such a way with putting things together, and I'm not just referring to your lovely outfits. Hope you're having a good new start of the week! ♥
ReplyDeleteso lovely shot girl! I love how free and great you look...fantastic print dress!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
kira
I definetly had a few choose your own adventure books as a kid. your dress is wonderful, do I spy little dancing people? Oh my!
ReplyDelete-indigo
I adore Choose Your Own Adventure! I found a few in boxes not so long ago and loved them just as much as I had remembered. It would be nice to have a little button that let you go back. Of course, it would also be fun to have adventures with pirates or on a secret submarine :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, that dress is gorgeous!!
You are such a pretty thing Ana B! ...and it's true your photo essays just get better and better! That dress was made for you!
ReplyDeleteGoodness me though - yes, I think about the what ifs - there are so many choices it makes my mind boggle! How did we end up here and was it the best/ right path to take? It's a leap of faith, isn't it?
Sometimes I'm curious how my life would be like if I chose otherwise. What I once believed were mistakes, I'd do all over again to get to where I am now, but much quicker.
ReplyDeleteThat dress, Ana B., so stunning on you.
last year i found an adult, choose your own adventure book. the endings are all pretty tragic (i.e. become a drug trafficker, drown in the ocean, end up pregnant with some gang trying to kill you, etc). the thrill of the story was fun though and i can't tell you how many hours i tried to choose the "right path." i'm not sure i'd want to know the alternatives about my choices. not knowing is sometimes better, if you catch my drift.
ReplyDeleteI remember devouring those books one after another and keeping my fingers between the pages, too. Funny that you posted on this topic as I was just thinking about it not too long ago. Specifically, it was the what if I chose that boy over the other one bit. Hah! The whole idea is intriguing for sure, but I wouldn't trade the person I've become as a result of the choices I've made for anything in the world. The old adage certainly rings true, "you live and learn."
ReplyDeleteMy my, that is a fabulous dress on you. Love it! Please relieve my curiosity and tell me what exactly the print is. Dancers? Cowboys? I can't quite make it out.