Depictions of love only ever seem to be about three things; love which is unrequited, love only recently found, and love lost and forgotten. What is it about constant, every day love that leaves writers and artists largely speechless and silent? A love that wakes you every morning with a kiss and a steaming cup of coffee left on a kitchen counter. A love which forgives you after your mean streak has risen up and lashed out (yet again!). I think people have the wrong idea about love. They expect constant fireworks, tears, drama, and passion. Depictions of constant, stable, equal love seem unreal and saccharine, unattainable and far too good to be true. But it exists. I see it around me everyday. So what is it about this kind of everyday love that makes it so unremarkable? I think it deserves epic ballads, blockbuster movies, and murals. It is the glue that holds us together.




♥ 35mm film photos from my Canon Canonet shot by me and Rob ♥
So very true, I think its far more inspiring and romantic to meet an elderly couple who have been happy for fifty years, than a couple with a difficult and tumultuous, but therefore more "romantic" relationship.I love the little green bunny on your shelf :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree with u! :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. - ♥Please don't forget to join the leather keychains GIVEAWAY!♥ Good luck! ♥
So true. While we're on the subject:
ReplyDeletelove you, love your blog, love your photos, love your care for details; love your writing.
i think maybe there just isnt as many 'love stories' anymore... its hard to find someone who will love you for better or worse . these days its all about 'whats in it for me' if someone does wrong you walk away.
ReplyDeleteeveryday love is fantastic, you just dont see alot of it anymore
Lovely words Ana and that coffee looks delish, could do with one of those right now :)
ReplyDeleteRose
I'm going to have to agree wholeheartedly about this one - I knew I could marry my husband not because of the fireworks but because of the gentle, steady love we had.
ReplyDeleteAnd PS: The lace baskets were from the container store - link here: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/storage/portable?Ntt=lace+baskets&productId=10023448
beautiful photography great i like your shelf very cute i like that arrangement
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm all for constant, everyday kind of love! It's the one that lasts:)
ReplyDeletexx
Yes, you're so right! I love your writings!
ReplyDeletePeace and love!
What you say is very wise. You also take wonderful pictures.
ReplyDeleteBeautifully put Ana B. ...and a beautiful photo shoot as always - very atmospheric. P.S. I recognise that postcard! :0)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness - thank - you for the comment on andaseed. I'm glad you enjoy my photogrpahs. Made my day.
ReplyDeleteAnd also, thank-you for the link on my blog. Once I get a blog roll going I'll be sure to add you on mine also.
I love this series, theres nothing better than a warm drink with good company on a cold autumn day right?
Be in touch
Gabrielle
Hi from Scotland! Your blog's great - lovely pics and insightful writing. x
ReplyDeletehttp://equatorlive.com/weshop/
Very true!!!!!
ReplyDeletecute ring!
ReplyDeletehttp://mypointmystyle.blogspot.com/
beautiful beautiful lighting. And your drink looks delicious. At somepoint in my life I want to experience both types of love, though one is by no means better than the other.
ReplyDelete-indigo
couldn't be agree more. Ps, love the unicorn embroidery.
ReplyDeleteThese are really nice film shots. I especially like the photo of your book shelf.
ReplyDeleteThis post is wonderful!!!! I love it. You made me think so much. I think part of why the dramatic tears and fireworks type of love is so mass depicted is the...glory of the moment when you have nothing and gain everything in a heartbeat. You know, like in movies when all of the sudden you get the guy? In one fellow swoop?
ReplyDeleteBeing in a relationship, now, however...I'm realizing that movies are so wrong. It isn't the one fellow swoop when the guy sweeps you off your feet- it's every day when you realize you got the guy you wanted. It's each and every day you get to spend with them and the little things like coffee, as you said, that makes romance romantic :)
P.S. I'm following your pretty little blog!
ReplyDeleteAmazing blog hon!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know about my big giveaway - check it out, you can win makeup&accessories!!! :))
http://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-giveaway-make-up.html
thank you for your sweet words... i don't look like this every day, but yes it is me lol.
ReplyDeletei remember seeing the movie and liked it. very real... i think thats what i like best about australian movies.
Very nice photos m'dear!
ReplyDeleteim loving your ring!
ReplyDeleteLovely picture, for sure. Also your shelves are very neat :)
ReplyDeleteit's so true! love your pictures <3
ReplyDeleteI love this writing, so very true. Lovely pictures too, what an amazing ring.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to read this today, Ana. For the past few days I've been caught up in thoughts of everyday love and how much I can't wait until I have someone to experience it with. The passion and fireworks are all well and good, but love's constancy, strength, and equality are infinitely more dear.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing these film photos. The cafe shots are stunning.
One last thing, your latest comment was absolutely adorable. It made me giggle. I've always enjoyed the act of creaming eggs, sugar and butter together & its resulting color. I'm glad you picked up on the resemblance! I'm certain I'll think of it from here on out whenever I wear that dress and cardigan. ♥
This is a lovely post and an important reminder. Sometimes I think we let movies and books guide our sensibilities about what relationships should be like, and that causes us to forget that the things we have are already pretty wonderful!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful post! And these pictures are so lovely. :)
ReplyDeleteaww, that is so sweet and true! i take such joy in having constant, every day love and life with my boyfriend. simply making breakfast or watching the news together- all of the daily traditions and little things are what make me so happy! i love your words about this (:
ReplyDeleteand lovely photos, as always! great to to hear from you again.
i, like everyone else, will agree with you. movies always show you everything from the 'before' to the 'present' but never the 'after'. how did those happily ever after couples went on with their lives?
ReplyDeleteit's really exciting when you meet a couple and you can see that they really love each other. and i'm not talking about those people who are all over each other, but of those who treat each other like best friends. i don't know, that's what i want for my relationship. someone who understands me, forgives me when i feel like being bitchy, when i'm moody, that makes me smile and laugh, that stands by me no matter what. and i think i find it, so i consider myself pretty lucky. and i try to remember that everyday. thanks for making me remember it today :)
i had to learn some love lessons the hard way, early on. now that i've matured, i'm able to embrace the every day love and appreciate it for all that it is.
ReplyDeletethe day to day love that sees us through thick and thin is totally under rated. sure the excitement of young love is super fun and thrilling, but that phase generally passes rather quickly, and many times plain fizzles out.
ReplyDeleteManikinn.com have just released their new collection for Winter 2010. Featuring some of the hottest designs from Europe, the RIP YSL Tee, the Going Gaga tee and The City of Lights Tee are just a handful of the latest designs. RRP for only $59 , these will be a winter essential. These tees have already been seen on Ruby Rose and Hayley Warner!
ReplyDelete