The Front Room Links

08 May 2010

little miss not-so-nice

Do you remember how some girls at school were always naturally better than you in picking up foreign languages? It used to frustrate the hell out of me how Marie over there was busy blathering away in French, c'est this, alors that, tant pis whatever. Meanwhile, I was struggling to translate "Cecilie liked cake" (stupid verbs!). Well, I think I'm not a natural at being a nice person. Oh I'm good at certain aspects in the same way I was good at the listening tests in French class. I'm not entirely bad! Just that the all-around foreign language of "niceness"? I'm not an A student. And I may always fluctuate between a B and C grade. But this is okay with me. Because in the end, no one in this whole world is perfectly nice, nor perfectly bad. That's what makes things interesting round here, n'est-ce pa?





♥ Photos by Rob D ♥ Cake Photo by me
♥ Dress from Witchery ♥ Flats from Glassons ♥ Bangle from MNG ♥ Bubbles from $2 Shop ♥

24 comments:

  1. you know who else isn't perfectly nice? MOI. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the necklace and dress!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bubbleees!! bubbles bubbles! Sorry, I'm easily distracted *cough*

    Since I was a kid, I always believed I had a nasty mean streak in me. Yeah, I've had my moments..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cutie pie, la perfection is boring anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pfft, niceness is overrated. :) I always wonder if those really really nice people are genuinely like that or if it's some sort of cover...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore that necklace!

    have a lovely weekend :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one is ever always nice. When I meet people who seem always nice, i always wonder what are they 'really' thinking!? or who do they take the baddness out on.
    Lovely photos as always.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a feat it must be to be perfectly nice. I often find it amusing when not-so-nice things flitter through my thoughts. Then my amusement either yields a chuckle or a cringe ;)

    Such lovely little snapshots you've shared here today. Jumping in your covet-able lace flats, one fantastically fine necklace, bubbles!, cake! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these photos!

    and we can't all be good at EVERYTHING! thankfully! it would suck if we were all just straight a students. B-O-R-I-N-G!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are so right... this post reminds me of a book i read in primary school... hating alison ashleigh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is so adorable! I really like the floral layout. And your necklace has interesting geometric beads

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful pieces and i loove the feel of this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My language teachers always say that you can´t always excel in everything when learning a new language.It´s either you write it well,speak it well or understand it perfectly well when you hear it and yes, practice makes it perfect. ;)

    Anyway,just wanted to say that I covet your necklace and the cupcake too. ;)


    Happy Sunday, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another delicious post!! Love your flats!! I tried to learn French and failed miserably! Or maybe I give up too easily :-P xxoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bubbles, lace flats (LOVE!) and cupcakes - this post is just so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your blog. Super cute. Your necklace and shoes are great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're right!

    Beautiful pictures!

    Peace and love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I looove this post! You look so aborable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay, you're wearing the lacey flats from the last post, right?
    As far as being nice or being bad, i guess if people treat you bad, you end up growing up into a stronger person. At least that's what happened to me. I just believe that life will give it back to them.. "what goes around comes around".

    Thanks a lot for the comment on the apartment, you can go as crazy as you want on the caps on my blog, i call the shots ;)

    That truffle thing looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. *sigh* my sister speaks four languages and I'm lucky if I get half of a goddard movie...so yes, I understand that completely!

    I'm proud of her though, and sometimes that makes up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog dazzles the eye. These are getting me in the mood for summer! (Even though its fall for you) I am definetly not what one would consider "nice" its taken me awhile to come around the fact i can still be a good person without being "nice"
    -indigo
    ps. Thanks for the invite to the art swap! Unfortunetly i think i'm going to have to pass up your offer, i have some serious paranoia about internet safety

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the lace detail on your shoes. Such a pretty collection!

    Wern

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?