The Front Room Links

19 February 2010

bet your horses

On the same day I went to the races, the city was flooded by AC/DC fans ramped up for the once-in-a-lifetime concert later on that night. Media coverage was high. People spilled out of bars onto sidewalks and road, clutching sweaty beers and doing air guitars. The universal uniform of the AC/DC fan was black jeans and a black t-shirt. So imagine their amusement as I made my way through the city towards the train in my orange fascinator and my floral dress. Talking to some of the fans on their way to the concert, one of them said, "I didn't think you were dressed for the gig." No. I was not. Instead, I'd just learnt how to read a racing book, place an educated bet on the horses, and the crucial difference between a box quinella and a box trifecta.




♥ Fascinator from Bags of Difference ♥ Dress from Whistles ♥ Heels from Number One Shoe Warehouse ♥ Location: Race Day, Trentham Racecourse

31 comments:

  1. yey! you.are.back!

    love the hat. The race looks like a big event. Love all the ladies hat.

    Looking gorgeous ana!


    I am Denise Katipunera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah, you're adorable! I want to go to the races so bad. I WILL make the Kentucky Derby at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hats are fantastic! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your fascinator is really pretty, love the colour and it goes well with your dress! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you! You look lovely!
    Good to have you back! How's the new flat treating you? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the southern floralz look! I remember one time I went to the city for something... an of montreal show maybe? and yeah, there was also a horse race going on and it was sooo funny cuz you could tell who was going by the way everyone was dressed similarly. It was all white people, the men looked like fancy golfers and the women were all wearing fancy hats! haha... so my fair lady-like.

    I hope your educated bet got you some mooolah. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. your orange fascinator is amazing! i've always wanted to go a horse race. it looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress! Love your shoes as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely dress!

    haha, how funny would it be if someone did dress up like this for an AC/DC concert though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT HAT IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE GLORY OF TATI.

    ps you look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AC/DC fans are intense! You look so lovely with that amazing hat and I'm sure you stood out in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so cute! I wouldn't be surprised if some gent tried to race off with you! Sorry that was a bad pun but you do look lovely!

    As for Accadacca - well I'm not a massive fan and there's no way I'd go to a concert (far too loud for my ears) but the fact they've been around so long and the whole aussie thing makes me quite fond of them all the same! The paper has been full of them here the past couple of days!

    Re- the mentalist - I highly recommend it for those days snuggled up on the couch sipping tea - it's like comfort eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your fascinator ana! beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great hat, I'm glad that people still dress up to go to the races. It sounds so posh!
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute hat


    http://www.littlevoguette.blogspot.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look amazing, the soft dress and fascinator look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos!

    I love your blog! :)
    - Audrey Allure <3
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet outfit and lovely fascinator! I wish I had the chance to go to such an event:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. your floral dress is absolutely beautiful! all of this hat and race talk makes me think of the kentucky derby!

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute photos!!
    Love the hats :)
    Vicki xo

    http://magpie-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You looks so lovely all dressed up for the races. That is one seriously amazing fascinator. How did the bet turn out? There is horse racing in a nearby city here every summer and the whole region goes completely track crazy, but would you believe I've never been?

    PS: That book sounds like such a treasure! I've decided that come spring and summer I'm going to press leaves and flowers as its been who knows how long since I've done so. It will be my calming-tranquil-pretty hobby. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha ha. "You looks..." Great job on the proof reading, Emily ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That outfit is perfection!! I'm totally in love with that dress -- the soft colors, the floral pattern -- gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the fascinator - you look so classy and sweet! Haha, I would love it if you *did* wear this to an AC/DC concert. But the horse races sound exciting as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE the whistles dress, where can I get one???

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?