I spent my day in three small towns. The buildings were bright white, the sidewalks pristine, the streets full of upper-class retirees and moneyed middle-aged urbanites daytripping with their sulky teenage daughters. The antique shops were full to the brim with gleaming wooden furniture but I rapidly backed out the front door when I looked at the price for a clay plate and read $125. A charming vintage-styled tea room beckoned with gorgeous blood-red floral wallpaper and delicate coloured chandeliers. When I peeked inside, it was packed with tired-looking people escaping the heat in Teva sandals, shorts and baseball caps. The contrast was incongruous. It made me wonder what it was like when tea & salons were an occasion rather than just another pit stop along a road trip.
NOTE: Thank you, Christina for the gorgeous pink & white cameo-style earrings pictured below. They are gorgeous. Can't wait to wear the other earrings, and of course, the "Ana Cocktail Ring"! Visit Christina's etsy shop here and get ready to part with some money.

NOTE: Thank you, Christina for the gorgeous pink & white cameo-style earrings pictured below. They are gorgeous. Can't wait to wear the other earrings, and of course, the "Ana Cocktail Ring"! Visit Christina's etsy shop here and get ready to part with some money.


♥T-shirt from Forever 21 ♥ Skirt is thrifted ♥ Shoes from Trademe ♥ Scarf from Valleygirl ♥ Red bangles from Equip ♥ Earrings from Down and Out Chic ♥
♥ LOCATIONS: Featherston, Greytown, Martinborough (The Wairarapa) ♥
L O V E those shoes, and that bottom picture is absolutely gorgeous, that's a dream afternoon tea right there.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Ana! Look at the jasmine! I bet that had a lovely frangrance. Pretty tea set too. It sounds hot over there - we're in the mid to late twenties here - the other day it was over 30! Crazy stuff.
ReplyDeletei love everything here/.
ReplyDeletethe photos, the shoe! wow! like it so much and of course the yellow skirt! i love it!
Pretty yellow skirt, An! Gosh,those cameo style earrings are lovely and so is that pretty rose on your white sandals. Love the last photo too.:)
ReplyDeleteAmazing pictures as always. Have a lovely day! :)
I love the colors in the last photo. That tea set is amazing!
ReplyDeleteThe tea set is awesome! Love it!
ReplyDeleteX♥X♥
Pretty pretty.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness i adore your shoes and love how your photographed the earrings! so sweet.
ReplyDeleteOhh, look at you out & about frolicking in the spring sunshine! A few months back you asked me to look after spring for you. Now I ask that you do the same for me. Be sure to savor those warm breezes that recharge the soul :)
ReplyDeleteThe shoes, the skirt, the top, I especially love the earrings! This is something you will hold on to for quite some time!
ReplyDeleteThe photos are lovely, as is your outfit. I've been wanting to get out of the city and see some smaller towns for awhile, too; California has quite a few nice ones in it's central coast. I get really sad when I see the tourists who don't appreciate the beauty around them, though.
ReplyDeleteThose flowers againt the bright red make a stunning picture. And those shoes are sweeter than a cupcake.
ReplyDelete-indigo
that tea set is darling, I love how all the colours match
ReplyDeleteits always fun exploring little towns
Lovely photos you have here. And thanks for sharing them. Have a great workweek. ;D
ReplyDeleteSolo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy
Your shoes are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI purchased those earrings as well!!!
ReplyDeleteyou look perfect...those shoes may be the cutest little things I have ever seen!
That skirt is so lovely and summery, gorgeous colour. I think you may be as excited as I am about spring! Love those shoes too, so cute :)
ReplyDeleteOh I adore that skirt and your shoes are so cute. I really love your style, everything you wear looks amazing.
ReplyDeletetaste twins! :D
ReplyDeleteand no, those cameo earrings aren't in swonderful yet. i shall comment on your blog again the day before i bring them into swonderful, so you get a heads up! ;)
i can send one cake to you:)hehhe
ReplyDeleteu have nice shoes:)
gorgeous post once again! thanks for coming by my bolg, i bought a new computer and lost all my favourites so i didnt find you blog anymore! im gonna save the link now x
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs and post Ana! Sounds like an awesome weekend and again, such fantastic shoes. Gonna be so jealous of your weather soon... :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love your new Cameo earrings! Christina's shop is very much a favorite of mine. In fact, off to see what's new there now.
xo♥xo
Those white shoes are TOTALLY dorbs. Lovelovelove. I've never heard of that brand before...
ReplyDeletewhat beautiful pictures!!
ReplyDeletenicola xx
Ah! This all looks so beautiful! You really have amazing photography skills!
ReplyDeletePS exchange blog links?
I'm so sorry, I have sent the dress to Charlie! But, I have a purple/jade/black maxi dress that is too short for me...your kinda thing?!
ReplyDeleteI know everyone must be saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall, but spring's officially started yesterday and i'm kind of excited.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures sum up what springtime should be like to perfection.
i love that full red wall !!!
ReplyDeletei like the light in these photos, and the counrty feel also what ur wearing (its really sweet and innocent)
ReplyDeletealso the two last photos work so well together, the colours are awesome
i love that flower shot and could see it in my home. perfect! as is the shoe shot!
ReplyDeleteand dontcha just love christina and her etsy shop? she is so rad. :)
You have the best collages ever. I awarded you an award over at my blog and though I'm sure you have already gotten it before, I just wanted to pass it on because you have an amazing blog.
ReplyDeleteyou take such wonderful pictures, its so inspirational, im immediately happy when i entered you blog, i'll call you my happy blog from now on! :)
ReplyDeleteheey. the skirt is so cute.. ı wil sew like this:)
ReplyDelete