The Front Room Links

01 August 2009

seasons are psychosomatic

The nights are getting shorter. When I emerge from the confines of my workplace, the sky is now backlit instead of shrouded in black. It makes me want to take the long way back home, to walk slowly and listen to the heels of my shoes clack against the concrete. Still, this morning reminds me that summer is a long way away. But there is beauty in vast emptiness, a slate grey sky, rain which has washed everything with a slick sheen of light and reflection.




♥ Blue cardigan from Valley Girl ♥ Dress is Deborah Sweeney ♥ Belt and Flats from Witchery ♥ Location: Civic Square and The Lido

54 comments:

  1. can i please live where you live? you have disco balls growing out of trees there.

    ana, whatever you are doing, you are losing poundage by each post, keep it up girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was very inspiring, it makes me want to go outside instead of being indoors. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the slow crawl out of winter can get tiresome. Like you, I try to find beauty in it. The empty greyness reminds me of a blank canvas - a prelude to the paint spatters of spring and summer :) BUT! You have flowers in the winter?! So jealous. I'd do a special dance each day if NY winters were flowery instead of snowy ;)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, lovely. I'll be going to the post office on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Welly/Disco ball land too!
    You've just inspired me to take delight in these last days of winter and appreciate the beauty in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take lovely pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the sky is so dreary but your cobalt blue cardigan adds a wonderful punch of color. stay warm and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your outfit looks so pretty and comfy at the same time :)
    There's nothing like being in the warmth of a cafe on these wintry days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love winter but I don't like the early decent of the dark. I'm looking forward to when it's still light at 6.00pm. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our days are getting shorter here :(

    Love your blue cardigan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful photos (as always) and beautiful words! there's something so calming about a gray sky and a quiet morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wooow awesome photos!
    you look here amazing. this outfit is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love the blue of your cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. (ur text&profile made me curious and im sure i would like u too)

    and have to say, love the cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic photos...but yeh, IS that a disco ball growing out of the tree?!

    Thanks for your sweet comments, my dog surely is a sweetheart :-)

    nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am loving your look, and the way you write.

    and that electric blue is SUBLIME on you!

    i hope you are doing well and having a good one! it is about 400 degrees here and i cannot wait for a change of season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty :) And I love your cardigan, too. Cardigans, cardigans. They'll never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that photo of you with your camera! Great words about the slate sky. Your blog posts are always so soothing, AnaB ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Winter can be pretty depressing, but the gorgeous blue cardigan you're wearing is the perfect antidote!

    ReplyDelete
  20. THE FLORALS ARE AMAZING!

    ONE LOVE,
    JOWY
    WWW.ISEEJANEMARY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay to oversized, royal blue cardigans.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i looove your cardigan! and your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pop of blue!! And i agree, it is starting to get lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The nights are getting longer here and I'm not happy about it. I guess I'm willing to let you have summer too, though.
    Gorgeous photos. What is that silver thingy?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the link, I shall return the favour :-)!
    Wellington? I was just in Wellington this last week. It is a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete
  26. you make me long for winter. I miss it so much. I love the picture of you looking down. simply lovely.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, what lovely pictures!
    I like your outfit, the dress is great.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A DISCO BALL. IN THE SKY.

    Where you live is my dreamland.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice pics =)
    I absolutely love your tee of the previous post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for linking me, I'll do the same for you. Another beautiful outfit , I love your style very much. Your outfits never fail to amaze me. I like the blue cardigan with florals. Also, valleygirl is probably my favourite shop.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautifully said, my dear. I too find the seasons become muses of sorts that inspire me to wax rather poetically about them, longing for one extreme in temperature over the other, no matter what season is underway.

    Thank you sweetly for linking to me, I appreciate it very much.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your blue cardigan. Shorter nights are better--I always hated it when worked ended and it was black as pitch...seemed like my day was over before the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  33. that grey sky is gorgeous .

    lol 500 days is 3 out of 5 stars . which means its good .worth going to see .

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that cardigan! It looks so snuggly. And what is with that disco ball thing? :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stylish!
    I add youre blog in my links.

    :*

    ReplyDelete
  36. One of the things that I love about reading your blog is that you always make going through life sound like such an amazing adventure -- everything always sounds fresh and exciting when you write about it!

    And btw, that blue sweater is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Ana!

    Thanks so much for passing by!
    I love your blog and your ideas! Would you like to exchange links? I would love too...

    About Coco, I didn't watch the movie, but I really understand your point of view...I feel the same :)

    You look lovely...trés chic!

    ReplyDelete
  38. those photos are so gorgeous...and so are you, what a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look great! I love your blue cardigan! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love that blue sweater...what kind of camera is that you are holding?

    xox, mavi

    ReplyDelete
  41. that cardi is just gorgeous! love the color

    ReplyDelete
  42. hey beautiful! how r u? lovely pics!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  43. i love the pop of the bright blue cardigan! =)


    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. mm.. your pictures are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?