Dancing is best when you have no shred of self-consciousness. Those who say they can't dance are generally people who just can't let go - of what people think about them, of what they think about themselves, of all those endless choreographed music videos of pop tarts prancing around. I'm not a dancer. But when I want, I have no sense of embarrassment. I may fall out of rhythm, may turn a left to right shuffle into a trip and a fall, may "Back the Bus Up" a bit too often. But man does it feel good! When you let go, dancing is euphoria.




♥Top from Portmans ♥ Dress DIY'ed into a Skirt from Forever 21 ♥
Lykke Li & Bon Iver doing 'Dance Dance Dance' in L.A from Lykke Li on Vimeo.
You look amazing! Have a good day ;-)
ReplyDeleteThose are rad looking sequins! You're so right about being self-conscious. I tend to say i forget how to dance now that i'm a little older... but in actual fact, i'm pretty sure i mean i'v forgotten how to let go.
ReplyDeleteI love dancing and also your top! :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing photos!
ReplyDeleteXoXo
ACK I've never seen that video before, I love lykke li and bon iver! MusicMatchMadeInInternetHeaven xxx
ReplyDeleteThis is very true! Beautiful photos
ReplyDeleteyep, I'm one of those self-conscious people, hehe, but I love a good dance with my girl friends.
ReplyDeleteLove the sequins on your top. The perfect dancing outfit!
That top looks really cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm not beyond dancing in public (though I'll pretty much only do it if my husband's in on the action, haha), but I have some pretty wild dance parties by myself sometimes [at home, alone]!! :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute outfit!
I love that song!! And she is so cute...and so are you! I love dancing, as well. Just wish I had more excuses to do it...!!
ReplyDeletethis is such a cute video and i do definitely have trouble letting go. alcohol helps:)
ReplyDeleteI always tell everyone I can't dance, but this summer while I was working at a camp they had a hypnotist come and hypnotize some of the counselors. Much to the amusement of every camper, I had to dance like Britney Spears when I was hypnotized. After watching the video I realized that I CAN dance. haha apparently I just need to be hypnotized to do so.
ReplyDeleteAnd your dress? It's lovely.
WORD! on the dancing...it is food for the soul!
ReplyDelete* : )
Yes...let's dance!!great photographs and beautiful dress!!!!!xx
ReplyDeleteeverytime i do go out and try to dance, i end up looking like i'm going to hurt someone. it's so awkward and painful to watch. but i agree with d&oc, the alcohol DOES help :)
ReplyDeleteoh. my. gosh. that video made my day!
ReplyDeletei'm one of those people who has a hard time letting go. it's a peculiar thing though, because when i do end up dancing i find myself having a great time. go figure, right? ;)
cute cute blouse..love it!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't agree more. Dancing is a freeing activity. You don't have to be 'dancing' per se either, just moving your body to a beat is good enough.
ReplyDeleteStunning in black dear Ana! And I love the way you write... you made me want to dance! Also love Lykke Li's dance song.♥
ReplyDeleteI adore a good dance! I like doing it alone best though - because then I can really go for it!! It feels like it's very good for you, dancing! Love your dark sparkly number your wearing here sweetie - you have taken some gorgoues pics as usual!
ReplyDeletewell put. That video is so different from the original video for that song. I like this one better. (really like her shirt) The official video annoyed me a tad bit.
ReplyDeleteI like bon iver too.
Ooh shiny! I love the sequins, so pretty :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yep, you can still get the ruffle wedges from Overland - white or black.
Now that song is stuck in my head! Love the sequins.
ReplyDeleteThat is so true!! I love dancing but only when I'm alone!! I'm too self-conscious to dance in front of other people! I really want to slow dance with someone I really love! In a beautiful, romantic place! That would be a dream come true! xxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about dancing. Sometimes I just love turning up the music in my apartment and dancing around by myself.
ReplyDeleteI love the sequins on that shirt - it's gorgeous.
And Lykke Li can do no wrong in my book.
I'm not graceful but i love dancing to the beatles and frank sinatra in the safety of my house. Plus I just saw Chicago and all i want to wear is fringe feathers, and sequins
ReplyDelete-indigo
I looove dancing! And ur outfit, pailettes on the shoulders, just beautiful :)
ReplyDeletexx
Such a cool music! thank you for sharing! *
ReplyDeleteOooh... sequins... yum.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteYour views on dancing are really good. I really appreciate your views.
Dance has been shown to lift mood more than exercise by itself. In a study at the University of London researchers assigned patients with anxiety disorders to spend time in one of four therapeutic settings a modern dance class, a regular exercise class, a music or math class. Only the dance class was shown to significantly reduce anxiety. The effects of dance are increased and enhanced by the use of music which is also a factor in mood enhancement.