6,768 Miles Apart is being hosted by Diana here. It's two weeks worth of photos and as gorgeous as anything I've seen (if I do say so myself!). Click on the picture below and join us!
I watched The September Issue in the weekend. Wintour deserved this documentary. She is a force. But American Vogue is no longer contemporary for me. While she ushered in the era of celebrity covers for American Vogue, this is exactly the reason why I do not buy it. I look at blogs, RUSSH, frankie, Lula - and covers with models excite us the most. I find celebrities yawn-inducing. It is an oversaturated, tired market. I find it tacky. Further, Grace Coddington professed her love for hazy, blurry pictures, wistfully lamenting the apparent appetite for razor sharp pictures with edges so substantial it could cut you. I side with her - for me, the beauty of a picture lies in what it cannot capture, the light it can barely cope with, the lines which are hinted at rather than blatantly laid bare for you to see.



♥ Glasses from Cotton On ♥ Bag from Equip ♥ Scarf from Glassons ♥ Jacket from Evolution NZ ♥ Dress is thrifted ♥ Belt from Valley Girl ♥ Location: Jackson Street Promenade, Petone ♥

I totally agree with this - I don't buy American Vogue either! Australian Vogue, Russh & french magazines are my favourites <3
ReplyDeletexx
Beautiful photos and I totally agree!
ReplyDeletewow, thats a great photo of u!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe last picture is amazing!!! ♥
ReplyDeletelast photo = win.
ReplyDeletealso, my supervisor when to watch the september issue also! :) but i couldn't go :( i watched Ponyo on sunday, and will be watching Tulpan, Chuck Close, and Animation Now. are you going to any of those? :D
I saw the trailer for The September Issue while attending a different film. It's amazing how much power she has in the world of fashion, and that's just from what I saw in the trailer.
ReplyDeleteI like my fashion, but I'm not *that* into it. I do like your take on it though and completely agree with everything you've said. Fashion isn't what it used to be, and I think I like how it is now =)
Perfect combo dear! Floral dress is great choice for the little bit cold weather...
ReplyDeleteX♥X♥
Amen to what you've just said. Personally, I prefer gritty pictures because they have more life than the flawlessly photo shopped ones. Loving your scarf by the way. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove these pics and your outfit!
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is amazing! I like your hair in these pictures :)
ReplyDeletesometimes i feel the same way - models should model and actresses should act - but other times i feel the standard for modeling (over 5'9'' under 115 lbs) is despicable and unrealistic. i'd rather see a real woman (even if she is an actress) any day.
ReplyDeleteyour photos, however, are lovely.
i couldn't agree more with you...well said. how cute is that photo of you holding down your skirt?! ha, love it!
ReplyDeletenice blog^^
ReplyDeleteTotally and utterly agree! The celeb covers are so fake and airbrushed and plastic and above all boring! I love your pretty photos though! Charming!
ReplyDeleteLooks and sounds like a fascinating documentary... will have to find!
ReplyDeleteAlso, such lovely photography.♥
I love those sunglasses!!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a nice photos of you. =D Hope to see more of this. Have a great day ahead friend. =D
ReplyDeleteSummer
A Writers Den
The Brown Mestizo
i've been waiting for The September Issue to come out, and it will never ever be released where i live, so i'll have to keep waiting to find a way to watch it.
ReplyDeleteyou always have the cutest outfits. the dress' print is incredible cool, and it looks great with the red scarf!
anna, did you know you are a glamour girl? you are the reason boys write songs
ReplyDeleteThese photos are stunning! Really amazing. And I love your outfit.
ReplyDeleteI want to see that documentary!
ReplyDeleteCute outfit. The wind was being naughty, no?
some very nice photography happening here and sweet dress, also in the previous post i like what your wearing, too cute
ReplyDeleteOh I completely agree with you about American Vogue- we stopped our subscription last year.
ReplyDeleteI love these photos! You look gorgeous. I want a dress just like that one... oh and I want to be in New Zealand ;)
You look adorable! Lovely dress. And And I absolutlely agree with you, btw :)
ReplyDeletexx
Amazing photos, love your sunglasses! ;D
ReplyDeleteYou look so cosy and warm :)
ReplyDeletelove that skirt!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. I like your dress, I'm searching for the perfect floral dress myself at the moment.
ReplyDeleteCelebrities bore me too...but so do models. What happened to women who actually have careers or are amazing creative types??? Why are films and being born tall things worth covering?
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are glorious. I love the light.
Yep - I don't buy Vogue, but I can tell the US version has gone waaaay down hill. Nothing original anymore!
ReplyDeletethese pictures are so pretty (:
ReplyDeleteWith every blog post I become more smitten with you!! You have such a fabulous eye for putting photographs together and creating the most charming outfits!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see that documentary!! You expressed exactly the reason why I don't buy American Vogue either because I see the same celebrities over and over again on other fashion magazines that it's sickening! I adore your pretty dress and your jacket! xxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteyou look amazing...those photos are just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are beautiful! Sorry I haven't commented in far too long - work has just taken over my life at the moment. Vogue has more adverts in it than I can cope with! I love the print of this dress and I tagged you! :) x
ReplyDeleteI didn't know it was out already!! How was it? I want to see it so bad. I know what you mean, though, I tire of celebrities on the cover of Vogue, Elle, Harpers Bazarre, etc...
ReplyDeleteThese photos are definitely up there with Colins'! Haha I wonder who you'll be doing a lookbook for before long... Was this on Sunday by any chance? And completely agree re razor sharp images, I think that's why I don't find most fashion magazines inspiring in the least.
ReplyDeleteYou look so sweet!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am not crazy about Wintour either...
Love the bottom pic...so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree about American Vogue, and am so BORED of celebs!
nicola xx
nicolaticolaponders.blogspot.com
Deeply gorgeous dress, and oh my stars, talk about the perfect buttery, golden sunlight to shoot in! You look so pretty and summery!
ReplyDeleteHave a splendid day,
♥ Jessica
What gorgeous photos! I just love love the lighting :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with you 100% US Vouge. Wintour is fierce, yes, there is no denying that but the celebrity covers are so mind numbing! And there is hardly anything fresh inside anymore. It seems to just take looks straight off the runway put the model in front of a plain tan or gray backdrop and call it an editorial. I mean come on! Isn't the stylists job to give us something new from what we've already seen? mix designers to show us a more interesting look? And what happened to the art directors? We want stories not just clothes! Unfortunetly I cannot justify buying any of the (better) foreign Vouges... my goodness that was a long rant, sorry!
ReplyDelete-indigo
Lovely pictures! I agree that hazy/blurry is better than sharp, when it comes to images. Actually, I guess it depends on the subject of the photo, but I agree about being tired of celebrities on magazines!
ReplyDelete