UPDATE: Thank you, Christina at Down and Out Chic for your fantastic feature. I am so humbled and happy with it!
I grew up in this park. I spent a lot of time after school and in weekends hanging out in the playground, having impromptu photo shoots in the bamboo, chasing ducks, and picnicking. Now, I hardly ever come out these ways. Despite the newly erected paths and clearings, I still know the place like the back of my hand. A lot of the friends I used to be with in this park are overseas or living in different cities. For a moment, as I stood in the middle of it all, I could almost feel time passing through me.








♥ Hat from Glassons ♥ Cardigan from Max ♥ Scarf is thrifted ♥ Necklace & Dress from Farmers ♥ Tights from Glassons ♥ Boots from H&M ♥
♥ Location: Lower Hutt Civic Garden ♥
♥ Location: Lower Hutt Civic Garden ♥
Oh, how pretty!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful park, so sad that your childhood friends can't be with you right now. It would be fun to reminisce things and just have a good laugh. Anyway just dropping by to say hello and that I like your necklace. Keep warm!;)
ReplyDeleteCheryl
http://cereza72.wordpress.com/
in Poland is spring:)
ReplyDeletei love your scraf
Lovely look, Honey! :)
ReplyDeleteXoXo
lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteand i love that necklace! so cute!
btw i grew up playing on our neighbor's huge vacant ruined house, it's a huge lot. It has colored stoned walls that i used to pick and collect and a dilapidated pool when raining served as our swimming pool. Oh my! those wre the days!
oh what lovley photos! i love the birds one, and how fun to reminise i am so unfortunate because my elementary school was so close to me and i would lvoe to go over there from time to time to think back and guess what?! it got torn down! and now there is a big Costco and parking lot in its place :(
ReplyDeleteLove the outfit! esp the necklace and the scarf...i wish i had found that scarf!
ReplyDeleteAwww, I love revisiting places from my childhood.
ReplyDeleteLove your outfit :)
Such gorgeous fall colors... love your park and your outfit! xo
ReplyDeletelook at the little duck! these photos are just wonderful ana.
ReplyDeletethanks for your sweet words about Paris Tango. So pleased you enjoyed it. It's fun to go travelling without leaving home. Thanks for your lovely photos. I get to go to NZ. Carla x
ReplyDeletewoww, what an amazing park! that willow tree! (:
ReplyDeleteoh, and i loooved how you said, "I could almost feel time passing through me."-- pretty words, lady!
So beautiful! Ilvoe the pictures.
ReplyDeleteyou look so cute all bundled up! i love the weather you have right now
ReplyDeleteYeah.... I also have that kinda park when i was little.... you know every shortcut, and every whole of the park. Those were the fun & careless days....
ReplyDeleteLovely dress! And especially love your necklace!
xoxo
rain
that park looks awesome and very cool for a kid to run around. you look really cute and feminine but tough at the same time. the liberty dress is adorable.
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is so pretty! And now I'm getting nostalgic for some parks back in Texas that I used to love...
ReplyDeleteYou have inspired me to go to the park.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous layering and photos! Ahh I really miss the cold weather :(
ReplyDeleteOMG I know that feeling - almost like the ghosts of your past are crowded around tugging at the remnants of the child in you.
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely and very sad feeling at the same time (perhaps more sad for me because a good portion of those people have now passed).
This park looks like a happy little place to spend a day. I understand perfectly what you mean about feeling time passing through you. I've experienced this from time to time, too. It's almost like a swelling of the heart and mind that result in a nostalgic paralysis. I hope you go on creating memories here!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm a tad late with this reply, but I agree, steamers are the way to go! Steamers > irons. Yes, yes I had a very enjoyable weekend. Quite busy, but nice. Reading mags & listening to new music sounds like an excellent way to pass a weekend :)
You are very lucky that you have a place to reminisce about such precious and meaningful memories. The pictures made me shiver with the thought of autumn...
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way when I started going back to my childhood park to walk my new dog for the first time in years, it was all so familiar, and all these memories welled up, I spent so much of my childhood there and then I hadn't stepped foot in there in years.
ReplyDeletebeautiful photos. its very uplifting to reminisce wonderful childhood memories just like this one. and yes time flies so fast. and we are not getting any younger.
ReplyDeleteby the way, you look so pretty and chic in this outfit. i like the nude colors in your outfit. great contrast to that black tights and shoes. :)
You look adorable! & I LOVE that green necklace!
ReplyDeleteVery very pretty!
ReplyDeletei love your necklace and the long cardigan (hmm...i think i should get one like this for myself..)
ReplyDeleteFound your blog from "Down & Out Chic" and love it!
ReplyDeleteoohh... you got a pic of a ducky!
ReplyDeleteYour outfit looks so nice and cozy.
Oh, and weather here has been gloomy and rainy a lot these days
you post is up! thanks again for participating.
ReplyDeletebeautiful outfit + weather! I love autumn.
ReplyDeleteWow you cheeky cake connoisseur! What amazing photographs and you have a killer sense of style. Rock it.
ReplyDeleteSO love your hat :)
ReplyDeleteahhh, what a melancholy post
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post.The park is so pretty.=) And i can what you talking about.Hope to see more from you.=)
ReplyDeleteTravel and Living
Job Hunter
I love your fall pictures. It's so neat that it's autumn where you are.
ReplyDeleteI love your beret with a great love.
ReplyDeleteoh and i just read the feature on down and out chic! that was so cool!
ReplyDeleteWow - that was lovely :) PS LOVE Glassons :P
ReplyDeleteYou look so uber cozy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOoh I love the woolly hat and that fab pendant. Also...the waffles and bacon from the post above make me so hungry!!
ReplyDeletewhat beautiful pictures - they make me wish for Fall again and rainy days (i live in los angeles)!
ReplyDeletexox
It's always pretty bittersweet to go to the places that played such a big part of your childhood. I went to my elementary school recently, and it made me long for the days when the worse thing that could happen to me was me losing my lunch money.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love this outfit! It's nice to see how you dress for the colder weather.
Beautiful pictures and great outfit, I like the necklace very much :-)
ReplyDeleteYour description is beautiful! It seems somehow like the perfect mood for fall. I love your pictures of the birds.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous outfit, especially the hat:-)
ReplyDeletei love allthe layers and the pictures of the leaves
ReplyDeleteWe Were Damsels
thanks for visiting our blog we really appreciate it
You are right! I've added you to my blog list! That little feature is so lovely and you completely deserve it with all of your delightful posts! :) x
ReplyDeletereally like the dress =D yay for birckenstocks and crocs haha! xoxo
ReplyDeletethe outfit is so sweet :)
ReplyDeleteOooh what a gorgeous park! I love all your layers (you know I have fall attire envy now ;). I love places that make me a bit nostalgic like this.
ReplyDeleteThis is perfect. Your entire blog is gorgeous. Your photos are beautiful.
ReplyDelete