The Front Room Links

03 May 2009

things don't last

Usually abandoned buildings are creepy, morose, dank things - looming on the edges of cities, shattered and broken. They're a reminder that even solid and substantial structures don't last. Time outruns them at every pace.

This abandoned school near a train station was painted Malibu Barbie perfection - pastel pinks, yellows, turquoise and lavender. Acres of concrete were littered with shattered glass from the broken windows. It sparkled like rhinestones in the sunlight. It wasn't abandoned. It was beautiful. And so alive.







♥ Headband from Portmans ♥ Cardigan is vintage ♥ Dress is vintage ♥ Belt from H&M ♥ Shoes are thrifted ♥ And that's a vintage Canon Canonet I'm holding, not a bag ♥

I scanned some flowers for you...


50 comments:

  1. thank you for the comment girl! love that dress
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... What a great blog, you have!!! See you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how beautiful! And I love the odea of the scanned flowers, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that scanned flower pic is just about the best thin I have seen all year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thx for ur comment. oh i love ur shoes in here.nice style.btw i love ur blog,wanna exchange link?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are gorgeous! I love all of the colours in them. And the flowers at the end are so pretty!

    It is amazing how many people really loathe property law haha.. through some miracle I managed to get a first in the coursework we did on it after I thought I'd failed so for that reason alone I don't actually mind it too much! Haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont know what to say...u should get award for your pics!!!!!
    u look soo pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah Ana u gave the perfect answer! Thanks so much!

    Oh lovinggg the Siren shoes till I saw the price tag. Cant afford it :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, I'm loving all the pastel walls. I could spend hours exploring and taking pictures of this place. And it's totally abandoned? Such prettiness gone to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your description of the building, so perfect .
    & the scanned flower photo is like a new take on pressing flowers between the pages of a textbook .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just want to say thank you soooo much for sponsoring me! It really made my day :D

    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh! I love the color that building! Never seen one like it.

    http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,Ana!

    Just dropping by to thank you about that wonderful comment of yours in my blog, to say that I wanna steal your lovely vintage dress ;) and that I've tagged you.Hope you can find the time to answer some Fashion Q&A.
    God Bless!

    Cheryl of http://cereza72.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay! i don't mind at all (being linked)!!
    this is really really cool, i never thought to scan flowers!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love abandoned buildings, this one is especially cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scanned flowers = awesome!
    Your dress & cardigan combo is delightful. I love beaded cardigans :) Thank you for sharing the life left in this abandoned building. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow - those pictures are amazing! I would love the chance to explore some abandoned buildings - haven't done that since I was a kid. Also, good idea to scan some flowers for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. prettiest blog ever :) makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like that pink bench! and the scanned flowers loook really really cool. also like the new icons on ur sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the colours this school has! Love your headband too! It's so pretty:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable outfit. I can't believe that school is abandoned--it looks so bright and cheerful...most my schools looked like prisons!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pretty pastel colors of the school but especially your photographs. The last one, that you took with your Canonet is amazing.

    Cute outfit and your flats are great! Nice thrift find... xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ana, Luv your vintage dress!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. great job finding beauty in the broken, used, and abandoned. when you can appreciate this, you can appreciate anything. lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. so cute and that FLOWER SCAN IS AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is such a beautiful school, abandoned or not!

    Bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ana u've gotten an award! Check out my blog : ) There will be rules! :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. your outfit totally goes with that place, well, the colors on the wall. loving the florals on you dress!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you have an awesome blog!!! definitely following it and adding you to my FAVOURITE LINKS! ♥

    thank you for your sweet comment!

    joelyne
    xxx
    www.thesydneygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore your dress, and the setting of your photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  31. another great post! those thrifted shoes look really cute and the scanned flowers :) lovely.
    That old building makes a great location for the little photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You write so beautifully and poetically. I love the floral dress you're wearing! xxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your description is incredible! And true. The pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the flower friend.;D
    And those are lovely photos you have,and that school does not look like abandoned,it's so pretty.;D

    http://www.soloden.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the scanned flowers -- so original!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow ana!i love your outfit! is it cold there now?

    btw lovely photos. kudos to the photographer. so claming just looking at them. I especially love the first one and the scanned flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You look great on your outfit,and yay,that flower looks good.And the school is co colorful until now.;D
    Great post as always.;D

    http://www.solofoodtrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. that flower scan is so impressive. i wish the abandoned buildings (or any buildings) in my part of the world were that colourful. everything here is all beige and grey!

    ReplyDelete
  39. your dress is so pretty, and the flower scan is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey hunny bun! You're it! Well, the next linkage if you'd still like to be! Flip me an email at eeli.y@hotmail.com :D

    Hope to hear from you sooooooooon.

    Oh and is that abandoned school in the HV? Cause methinks I know it...... ;)

    xxxxx Eeli

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love all the pastal colours in this post. The light blues and pink are so sugary and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The colors of that school are so pretty - it feels bright and vibrant, and you're right, not abandoned at all!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ana, these are beautiful!

    You are eye candy and the contrast is amazing.

    i love the newish layout!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Woah, it looks like something out of a film set. Who knew an abandoned school could be such a creative place

    ReplyDelete
  45. That dress looks perfect on you. I love the floral.
    I also love your re-design. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  46. wow! great photo shoots, dear!
    and your outfits are fabulous!

    please visit back my blog..
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  47. ooh is this the old Petone college?
    Great Blog, Love the Cardy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?