The Front Room Links

28 April 2009

mash up

Botanical drawings and Madisyn in Jalouse. Made sense to me. So I made it happen.



when the sweet flower droop and die,
think that my hopes all withered lie


as she - all ignorant of the arts
that wiser maids are plying -
has crept into my heart of hearts,
past doubting or denying;


roses and butterflies snared on a fan,
all that is left of a summer gone by;


of swift, bright wings that flashed in the sun,
and loveliest blossoms that bloomed to die!



Jalouse scans from here
Botanical drawings from here



♥♥♥

29 comments:

  1. This makes perfect sense! Beautiful photos and illustrations. Lovely mash up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mash up! Ahh, this book = ♥
    Thanks again for giving me the heads up about it the other day. Have you read Edith Holden's "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady"? If not, I think you'd enjoy it. I've been meaning to make a post about it, but keep putting it off. Maybe I'll get on that this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you know i am going straight for the OG due date cards...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love this post and the poem works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look like flowers!!

    I love your poem, though I'm not laughing while reading as usual (in a good way), I love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feast for the eyes - hope your feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes the most sense. That's called artistic intuition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. flowers are good for my eye and skinny blue eyed models are very good for my imagination. hihi.

    have a great day ana! you're post are always so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool!! I love how creative you are! Thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog! xxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection, Beautiful lady! :)

    X♥X♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a terrific idea! You did a beautiful job.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This editorial just became ten times better! Thank you for your sweet comment, i love the smorgsbord of images on your blog. very inspiring!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh wow these are great!
    great idea =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeousness! I just noticed that you are a solicitor which is what I hope I'll become - I'm drowning in land law revision at the moment - eek! What area do you specialise in if you don't mind me asking? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. The orange Louis Vuitton dress really reminds me of the dandelion petals; finally a fresh twist on spring time florals!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a cool post. you matched the dresses and flowers perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a genius combo- they definitely work together. Gorgeous and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. those photos are beaaaaautiful. And 'hello' from a fellow wellingtonian :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. these pictures are lovely.
    good pieces of art.

    take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous inspiration! I absolutely love the florals next to the gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this! It must have taken you ages to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have the best eye for colour and details Ana... The way you've posted, I totally get the connection! (and I'm sure I wouldn't otherwise!) hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty floras and pretty outfits... you're a genius. xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. SHE IS PERFECT! phenomenal model!!! star!

    ReplyDelete
  25. these go amazingly well together, i love which images you picked out xx

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?