Desserts are subject to trends just like anything else. And cupcakes are currently the dessert equivalent to Alexander Wang stretchy singlets, statement heels, and harem pants. A friend's nutritionist advised her - if it's soft, white and fluffy, there's absolutely no nutritious value at all. At least that doesn't rule out cookies and chocolate.


Dear Wrangler. This does not make me want to buy your jeans. The opposite in fact. Kisses. ana b.


♥ Grey cardigan from the Warehouse ♥ Pink tunic from Supre ♥ Jeans from Glassons ♥ Shoes are thrifted ♥ Earrings from Portmans ♥ Necklace from Diva ♥
Dear Wrangler. This does not make me want to buy your jeans. The opposite in fact. Kisses. ana b.
<

this is making me hungry!!!!
ReplyDeletei just made some delicious ones myself tonight!
- Karen
I love the pink and gray combo and those cupcakes look delish!
ReplyDeleteI agree, that is a disturbing ad for Wrangler.
not a great ad agreed. but i do have a pair of jeans from them that i love.
ReplyDeleteEllo Ello Ms Ana,
ReplyDeleteSo true lol. But oh so yummy. I'm a vegan so forfeit alot of those yummies anyhow but every so often we make these super scrumptious vegan cupcakes and my gosh, do I just faint from the sweetness! *sigh*
How have we been doing hmmmm? Lovely I'm hoping!
Kisses an hugs flying your way :) And tankies for the award a while back :)
Can't say nutritional value is particularly high on the priority list when digging into cupcakes anyway! But then, all things sweet and lovely are super trendy right now, and that does sum up cupcakes. You look fantastic in pink and grey, I really like that combination.
ReplyDeletexx
mniam, u look delicious
ReplyDeletehi
ReplyDeleteyou have a wonderful blog and very cool style!
I just wondered what kind of editing program you use? could you have posted a comment on my blog www.flymefaraway.blogspot.com and tell me what? but you don't need to ;)
ohh, so many cupcakes. looks totally deliciouse.
ReplyDeleteoh my, all those cupcakes!! They look delicious.
ReplyDeleteAgree with you on that horrendous ad.
I am a mad for cupcakes too! I know! It's silly to obsess about a particular food, but yes, I love cupcakes.
ReplyDeleteLol. I love your letter to Wrangler!
It must be a man who directs/makes/designs the ad.
Cupcake! Yummy!
ReplyDeleteUr outfit is amazing. :)
xoxo: Janet
I really hope that big stack of cupcakes is somehow for ME!
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree about that Wrangler ad... :( So gross when people try to sell things by showing off naked bodies. What exactly are they selling? Butts? Ewww/hahaha.
The picture with so many cakes is very funny and the cakes look so sweet :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd the little cat on the last pictures is adorable :-)
Oh WOW; LOVE your cupcakes!! I'm so hungry now; send me one, pretty please:D
ReplyDeleteLOVED your ring! And YES! I agree with you on that ad! How tasteless and demeaning!
Ps/ I do agree, that Edie Sedgwick was not the best role model (I can assure you, she's not my top 3; but she's such a refreshing change from the usual prim and proper actresses of her era; a real non conformist!)
Pretty necklace, Ana! It's so you :)
ReplyDelete"A friend's nutritionist advised her - if it's soft, white and fluffy, there's absolutely no nutritious value at all. At least that doesn't rule out cookies and chocolate." Haha! ;)
Cupcakes are such magical little things and your plateful looks scrumptious!
I agree, that's definitely not the most appealing advertisement.
I love the second sentence (:
ReplyDeleteAhh they look so good!
And eugh that is a pretty gross advert...
WOW! Great cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteAnd the "wrangler pornography" - Ew. You're so right. Now I really don't want to buy their jeans!
xoxo
wow... i need one of those cakes in my life. I love your jewelry too :) x
ReplyDeleteI wonder about that cupcake trend myself...they're not my favorite dessert.
ReplyDeleteThose look so delicious! : )
ReplyDeleteOh Yummy! I want cup cakes instead of a Birthday cake now!
ReplyDeleteand the Wrangler ad - I agree put your butt away lady!
hahah EW sick Wrangler! just weird.
ReplyDeleteps-you aren't the only one with a cupcake obsession, don't worry.
Wow those cupcakes look so yummy :) And you look adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love that I can eat a cupcake and have absolutely no dishes to do afterward.
ReplyDeleteAnd come ON wrangler! If I wanted to show off my butt to everyone I'd pay a lot less money for some ill-fitting forever 21 jeans or something. Ridiculous advertisement.
Yummy...;D
ReplyDeleteI love your necklace Ana..;D
What happen to Wrangler?do he need to post that ladies butt.lol.
I hope you could visit my blog too..;D
You have to use milk and eggs when making cupcakes, and those are both very good for you, hence
ReplyDeletecupcakes = good for you.
Math is fun!!
I answered your cupcake question in this post:
ReplyDeletehttp://mondemateriel.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-started-cupcake-craze.html
: )
soft white and fluffy equals no nutritional value? hmm what about whipped egg whites! i must think of more exceptions haha. what about ... fluffy white rice. ok i can't think of anymore.
ReplyDelete