The Front Room Links

10 February 2009

blue da ba dee da ba daa

That song was annoying then and it still is now. But things I miss from the mid-to-late 90s:

♥ Choose Your Own Adventure Books
♥ Chatter rings
♥ Elastics
♥ Sweet Dreams series
♥ Sweet Valley High



♥ Grey cardigan from the Warehouse ♥ Blue top from Glassons ♥ Necklace from Diva ♥ Skirt from Valley Girl ♥ Shoes from Mi Piaci ♥ Bangle from a fair



♥ Grey cardigan from the Warehouse ♥ Blue top from Glassons ♥ Tights from Farmers ♥ Shoes from Glassons ♥ Chain necklace from Bling ♥



♥ Dress is thrifted ♥ Belt from Glassons ♥ Skirt under dress from Glassons ♥ Ring is vintage ♥ Earrings were gifted ♥

26 comments:

  1. lol this reminds me of the fustrated nature of my parents would be in whenever i'd play with the chatter-rings but I didn't care much for I was totaly ace at it haha.

    Your last ensemble is so pretty. Nice touch with that skirt underneath :D

    Much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARGH! I'm totally with you on Elastics and Choose Your Own Adventure books! we used to read those in intermediate EVERDAY and then we'd play elastics during tea time... :( *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a fan of Dolly Fiction myself. Did you get those in NZ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty outfits. i really need to get some wedges now!

    /maisie #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute grey cardi! Is warehouse a NZ thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know any of the things you named form the 90's here.. ok, maybe not in english...
    and yeah it's anne hathaway and the movie is really good, you should watch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet valley high!!!!! oh my god and the make your own ending books.
    that is such a flashback.
    thanks

    *bisous*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure had a tamagotchi! Also, I loved Sweet Valley High!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your lovely comment (:

    Oh man I remember tamagotchis!! Hours of fun were to be had from those pointless contraptions.

    I love your first outfit especially, it looks so effortless as well. And the shoes, lovely (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Valley High! Choose your own adventure! Tamagotchi! That's like my childhood - so nostalgic now

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just thinking about Choose Your Own Adventure books the other day. I was also a Sweet Valley High nut! Your pictures remind me of how much I want a long, grey cardigan :)
    The floral dress looks fabulous on you -- so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to be obsessed with Sweet Valley High books. Ten-Boy summer must be hysterical. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG - Choose Your Own Adventure books! I hadn't thought of these in years! I loved reading these - they were always so strangely sinister and they had great endings like, "You're lost at sea and eaten by an octopus."

    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Choose Your Own Adventure books- that takes me back!
    Your photo collages are just beautiful, it's lovely to see your blog go from strength to strength. Well done girl!
    LM
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I paticularly like that first outfit you are wearing, you look fantastic in purple. The photo-collages you do are so very clever and effective. All these things in the 90s (and late 80s) we took so much for granted, it's not until you bring them up now that I realise those much younger will never quite "get" them. Ahh... cheesey family sitcoms like Step By Step and Full House...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving that plaid skirt - its beauful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your outfits are always so sweet!

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that dress is BEAUTIFUL! I never have any luck when I go thrifting
    :( must keep trying though!~

    ReplyDelete
  19. All wonderful outfits - and collages - as usual :). Sweet Valley High totally brings back memories - especially seeing those cheesy book covers.

    I found Grizzly Man odd because I was totally expecting a lumberjack type guy and instead he was more like a Cali surfer type. Very sad what happened to him and his girlfriend. Bears are just one of the many reasons I don't like camping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your outfits, as always. I really want your plaid skirt.
    But anyways, did you know they have a "grown-up" version of Choose Your Own Adventure Books now? They sell it at my work. It's called Pretty Little Mistakes, you should check it out. It isn't as amazing as what I remember as a kid, but it was a nice little blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The first skirt is so great on you! I am so addicted to my tamagotchic. Team jessica wakefield all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am absolutely in love with your checkered skirt, it's so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. As I scrolled down this page I just got more and more jealous. Everything you own is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like all these outfits but the first one with that great skirt is probably my favorite! and I totally agree with the 'misses"- elastics are practically extinct!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?