One sunny Saturday evening, two girls, let's call them Paz de la Huerta and Adriana Francesca Lima (Brazilian supermodels) rushed around the house getting ready for a graduation party, while the third, Ana Isabeli Fontana, lounged on the couch, having no life at all and as a result, having gotten ready a good two hours beforehand. This is what we wore while hovering around the food table, drinking green punch, and awkwardly smiling at unknowns. And if you're wondering about the humongous flower on my dress - I put it there. Why? I still don't know.
As an aside, the invitation stated a dress code of "Semi-Formal". We dutifully followed the respectful wishes of the host but found a sea full of jeans (Casual) and - puzzlingly enough - black suit skirts with shiny satin blouses (Business Standard). If you follow the advice of Dress Code Guide, what we should have worn was a lace camisole with a ball skirt and a "luxury coat if weather permits". And absolutely no hats. "Hats are not worn for Semi-Formal evening wear".




Ana Isabeli Fontana wears ♥ Dress from Shanton ♥ Flower corsage from Glassons ♥ Shoes from Mi Piaci ♥ Paz de la Huerta and Adriana Francesca Lima are wearing fantastic clothes. I do know that ♥ Paz's black tie wedges are from Number One Shoe Warehouse and ♥ Adriana's red dress is from Max.
eeeeeeekkkkk!
ReplyDeletei thought i was ready, but we both groaned 'i look awful!' hehe.
you look delicious as usual. shanton aye? amazing.
happy to grace your blog. work it, girl. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The girl is fierce! I love it you all look cute. I especially love you dress though it's dead on brilliant!
ReplyDelete♥, China L.
i love love LOVE! your dress and corsage, they go so well together :D i'm so glad they're bringing out so much florals for spring; COLOUR = WIN!
ReplyDeleteYou all look lovely. All those rules are so silly. I hate fashion rules.
ReplyDeleteI have to say that I really like sticking to dress codes, and I feel frustrated when I'm at an event and no one else has. To me it's a way of being creative within a framework. How do you feel about them?
ReplyDeleteYou guys look lovely, and very semi-formal. ;)
you three looks great!
ReplyDeleteLovely pics, stylish bunch. :)
ReplyDeletehave I told you how much I love that neckline on you? If I haven't well it is smashing daaaahling, hmmm I think I just turned british for a second whoops!
ReplyDeletechristine-nicola-ana-antonia: Superstar!
ReplyDeletewithasianstereotypes: Thank you, hun! Your comments are always so sweet.
romantic apple: thank you! Chain store tat is fabbo. I'm trying to stop buying florals. I'm addicted.
catofimpossiblecolour: You have such a way with words, Andrea! But then you are the writer ;) I've never thought about dress codes in the way you've pointed out. I really enjoy them because they lend a real sense of occasion to an event. They don't frighten me one bit like it does others. The only real dress code that makes me giggle is "festive". Dress code: festive. !!!
saray and ana: Thank you! I think the three of us scrubbed up well and represented.
charlene: thank you, hun. I've taken the neckline comment into account. I'm really liking it too.