I found two amazing Brazilian designers! Isabela Capeto's Summer 2009 collection inspired by Mexico and Frida Kahlo was breathtaking. I love its feminine eclecticism, the romanticism, the detail in the clothes. While others may find that there's too much going on - prints clashing with ruffles showcased with sheers, jangling with coins/sequins - but I for one, believe that it works because Capeto ensures that prints and patterns remain small and refer in colour to each other, and knows how to offset different textures against each other. I found this collection breathtaking in its effortlessness. I wish I could swan around Wellington in all of these clothes. And fabric weaving in and out of carefully tousled, wavy/curly, low side-pony hair - bless!
Another great Brazilian label is Maria Bonita Extra, which I believe is a pretty popular label in Brazil. The prints and execution reminds me a little of Eley Kishimoto's patterns and work for Cacharel. The focus here is the cut and movement of the garments paired with fantastic patterns. A far more pared back, preppy style than Capeto. But I love them both! I hope you all enjoy.


Photos from Isabela Capeto



Photos from Maria Bonita Extra
Another great Brazilian label is Maria Bonita Extra, which I believe is a pretty popular label in Brazil. The prints and execution reminds me a little of Eley Kishimoto's patterns and work for Cacharel. The focus here is the cut and movement of the garments paired with fantastic patterns. A far more pared back, preppy style than Capeto. But I love them both! I hope you all enjoy.


Photos from Isabela Capeto



Photos from Maria Bonita Extra
gorgeous! love the hair in the first set too!
ReplyDeletexxx
I love all the neckline details.
ReplyDeleteHi there..
ReplyDeletenice blog and nice info^^
Oooouh! Me likey the shiney~
ReplyDeleteAlso, that purple bow toga top in Maria's collection is purrrrrrfection... *happy*
Oh, you are my hero! I love Isabel Capeto's stuff - anything with sparkles = I covet. Great find! xx
ReplyDeleteI can see why this collection is popular. I really like a number of the pieces.
ReplyDeletehey ana! It's been such a long time hun. I've been totally depraved of all things blogged lately. Always a pleasure to come back here to look at all the things I've missed - feels like I'm catching up with an old friend :)
ReplyDeleteMmmmm Isabela Capeto = highly talented. Love all her beading and sequin detailings.
Oh gosh- these are gorgeous! I'm particularly inspired by the Isabela styling- that hair! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love those sequined tops - too gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteflair to remember: Me too. Makes me want to grow my hair really long and invest time in getting wavy hair. You'd look fab with that hair, actually!
ReplyDeletecat of impossible colour: That's a great point. That's often what draws me to clothes, I think - the neckline.
Freddy Style: Thank you! I will link to everybody soon, including your blog which is a great menswear take! I love how you move away from conventional menswear things into colour, pattern etc.
romantic apple: I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm thinking of ways to get hold of these clothes.
i.d.: magpie soulmates! Shiny equals bliss!
clothes horse: I think they'd sell like hotcakes in NZ. in America too.
marcella: awww. welcome back from your brief hiatus. Lovely to see your face pop in the comments section again! Get posting, fab girl! I need to see more of that amazing minimalist, tough glamour gal wardrobe of yours!
asian cajuns: Thanks! The Isabela styling is covetable. The hair, tha hair!
Sarah Von: They are truly beautiful. So much detail.