To paraphrase Hadley Freeman in The Meaning of Sunglasses (2008) - why sunglasses?
♥ to shade the sun (or the glare from highly reflective marble fashion runways)
♥ to signify wealth, fame, exclusivity, and a jet-set life style
♥ to handle big guns and wear when being a badass assassin
♥ to hide one's eyes in order to disguise dark circles from a night of debauchery and post-plastic-surgery face purpling and swelling
♥ to hide one's eyes in order to cause onlookers unease
I have a feeling aviators are pretty passe now. Which is exactly why I bought them. And also, for the priceless chance of deluding myself that Angelina Jolie and I have at least one thing in common. It's our breakfast at tiffany's.
♥ to shade the sun (or the glare from highly reflective marble fashion runways)
♥ to signify wealth, fame, exclusivity, and a jet-set life style
♥ to handle big guns and wear when being a badass assassin
♥ to hide one's eyes in order to disguise dark circles from a night of debauchery and post-plastic-surgery face purpling and swelling
♥ to hide one's eyes in order to cause onlookers unease
I have a feeling aviators are pretty passe now. Which is exactly why I bought them. And also, for the priceless chance of deluding myself that Angelina Jolie and I have at least one thing in common. It's our breakfast at tiffany's.


Pics from style.com and Ange in aviators from maximumeyewear.com (tehehe)
Aaaaaah! I LOVE AVIATORS! They are the grandfathers of big, bold and beautiful sunglasses and should never be written off as dead! :) I've been trying so hard to get my dad to give me his pair of aviators which he had ever since he was like, 16... but he didn't want to part with them because he thinks he would look way cooler when he wears them than when I wear them >:O hehehe. :) By the way, I went to Portmans today and bought myself a pair of those amazing big bow headbands you had up in your previous post! Thanks Ana for introducing me to pretty headbands :)
ReplyDeleteMy dear, you look SMOKING HOT in aviators! Haha if you don't mind me saying. I didn't think they were passe, I've been wearing aviators this year but I'm quite aware now they don't suit me at all. Not nearly as painful as the Pradas I bought with my 21st birthday money and have now realised don't suit me either... ouch.
ReplyDeletethe romantic apple: keep working on your dad. he'll give up one day ;) and well done on the headband purchase. i bet it looks fab. which colour did you get?
ReplyDeletelouise: you're allowed to call me smoking hot any da! :D hehehe. and ouch indeed about the prada's - but I'm sure they don't look as bad as you think!