The Front Room Links

14 October 2008

An Open Letter to Alice McCall and Cybele Wiren

dear alice mccall and cybele wiren

You are both fabulous, bright young things of the Antipodes. I love each of your spring/summer 2008 collections.

SS08 - Alice McCall (High on Rebellion)

Alice: You seem to have an unfailing eye for covetable prints. Instead of going down the usual floral route, the abstract paint-splash-esque print with the exposed zipper is just dreamy. As those fash mags like to say you really "toughened up" those florals. And you're not afraid of colour. Lord knows, this town needs more colour.




SS08 - Cybele Wiren (Utopia)

Cybele: Your statement shoulders are statements indeed. And this is a truly un-hippy, sophisticated and minimalist take on the tie-dye craze. I'm sorry if you weren't going for tie-dye. That's what I see. And I like it.What fabrics are these? They look so luxurious. A summer breeze could have a lot of fun with those dresses.




♥ ana b.

P.S. Sorry but I can't put in the accent in your name, Cybele. Whoops. Did it again.

All photos from: alicemccall.com and cybele.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?