...so says the Chloe Spring Summer 2009 press release. With Hannah McGibbon let loose on Chloe's line after Phoebe Philo's departure to Celine, Chloe's in a state of flux. I have always loved Chloe's aesthetic ever since Stella McCartney and Phoebe Philo's quietly confident past collections.
Now, I never went to fashion school and I don't work in the industry but I have been a magazine and clothing addict since my mum put me in wee dresses for special occasions. My favourite things about McGibbon's designs is the colour palette - lemon yellows against subtly shiny terracotta's, metallics against sand and forest green. I especially love the scalloped edges, paperbag waists, bows, ruffles and the retention of the high-waisted, drapey silhoutte.
In terms of a petite, curvy girl like I pulling off these divine outfits - I can imagine all the ruffle details adding volume where it shouldn't and the paperbag waist highlighting a most unflattering bit of the ol' bod. However, the white dress with the empire waist on the top left corner would do me on any good summer's day!
The only chance I have of getting my claws on these pieces are through net-a-porter.com with someone else's credit card.

No comments:
Post a Comment
What are you thinking?