I am clinging onto my mothers back, hands twined tight around her neck. She is swimming me across the ocean from one point to another. I remember being petrified; that if I let go, I would sink without a trace below. This is my earliest memory of the sea. Now, I wake up, go for a run, and the ocean streams past me. On Sundays at the farmers market, the sea is the backdrop. When I want to go to the library or drop into a museum, the windows frame pictures of blue skies and even bluer waters. The water wraps around my every day life. It adds a weightlessness to the landscape.




♥ Dress is vintage from Missy's Room ♥ Clutch is vintage handed down from my mother ♥ Belt from Portmans ♥ Jacket from Tempt ♥ Wedges from Number One Shoe Warehouse ♥
♥ The Sea for You ♥


Thank you ♥
ReplyDeletegorgeous dress!
ReplyDeleteWonderful place!
ReplyDeleteƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I always love how you set out your posts.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos and a lovely outfit too.
Rose
Such lovely pictures! I love the print on your dress! So beautiful!
ReplyDelete*Ena*
The colours are glorious - browns and blues! So, so lovely as always Ana B! Hope the weather is behaving itself across the pond there - here in Sydney it is up and down like a nervous umbrella!
ReplyDeletethe print on that dress is so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteI've no words to describe the sheer beauty of these pictures! You have a world class photographer:)
ReplyDeletexx
How amazing to have the sea as a constant part of your life like that! I think that we can sometimes take for granted the lovely things around us - what a nice reminder to appreciate your surroundings!!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are all stunnnning. I absolutely love your dress- it's vintage and perfect!
ReplyDeleteIt seems so magical to be so close to the sea. I wish Atlanta was actually on the Atlantic and not 3 hours away - argh! You look absolutely lovely in those photos.
ReplyDeleteLove the print on this dress. It reminds me of those hawaiian shirts everyone wears while vacationing in Hawaii, but in a cooler way :)
ReplyDeleteAna, you're gorgeous. Inside and out. The photo of your mother, your memories, your words - all gorgeous. You're fortunate to have the ocean as the backdrop to your life. The little pictures you've painted of the farmers market, museums, and library are infinitely more peaceful in conjunction with the ocean. "It adds a weightlessness to the landscape." I love that.
ReplyDelete