The Front Room Links

18 June 2009

new eyes

UPDATE: 6,768 Miles Apart is being hosted by Diana this week! Stop by for a while.



I can't get over how beautiful the trees are in autumn. I realise I never appreciated the change in seasons and all the variety in colour and mood it brings until I started this blog and was able to reflect on, and document, those changes. Starting this project has opened my eyes to the world anew. And it's gorgeous!

The slight drop-off in posting is due to two things (1) Sims 3 and (2) reading The Thoughtful Dresser by Linda Grant, a Man Booker Prize shortlisted author. My review of this book in a later post. To see what it's about, click on the link.




♥ Cardigan is thrifted Max ♥ Dress worn as top from Kilt NZ ♥ Skirt from Witchery ♥ Bracelet & Rings from Diva ♥ Bag from Equip ♥ Shoes from TRF at Zara
♥ Location: Wellington Botanic Gardens

57 comments:

  1. I'm planning on reading the thoughtful dresser, looking forward to what you say about it! love the bottom two photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely skirt!

    Have a great day!
    X♥X♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trees are definitely my favourite kind of plant! I love your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how autumn has the power to heighten my senses. It's my favorite time of year and I'm always sad to see it go. Enjoy it a little extra for me?

    Looking forward to your book review. My to-read list is beginning to bulge. With so many books out there I'm not sure what to read next.

    You look gorgeous, Ana! That is one fine skirt and the colors make such a happy combination. I've always loved green and navy blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is soooo cute! Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos! I'm afraid I've been too afraid of the cold to go out and enjoy nature. But once the sun decides to come out, so will I ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ana, you are gorg and i love navy and gray combo.

    i'm in need of a new read since i just finished jemima j minutes ago, thanks for the recommendation love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very cute! YOu must be in the Southern Hemisphere too...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. that skirt is really nice - kind of like a trench coat style skirt !and once again your pictures are so stunning! tourism NZ should be paying you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ypu always have the best photos. And you write really good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your skirt is so cute!

    -Mads
    fashionisthebestmedicine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww :0) I love your blog. And the honesty about Sims cracked me up. Fall is my favorite season for just the reason you listed. Such a beautiful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love the way everything smells in autumn also? There's something about the mix of leaves and slightly cooler air that's almost magical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what absolutely gorgeous photos. fall is my favorite season. have a wonderful weekend.
    p.s. love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Autumn will always be my favorite season. For me, it's much more beautiful than spring. I love how the leaves change their color and fall off. As always,your photos are amazing. Loving your bag and your green cardigan.I hope you'll have a not so cold weekend over there. :)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, the Sims 3!! Jealous! :) That skirt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the skirt has beautiful detailing. and im inlove w/ ur bag.

    i always find ur photos interesting. especially those waffles and bacom *yum*

    btw, i tagged u from my blog. juz answer it wen u have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. me likes that bare tree. I see so many trees i would like to take a picture of if only there weren't so many other trees in the background. It totally ruins the effect of one really cool shaped tree when there's so many others around.

    ---and LOL sims3. I CAN BELIEVE IT MS. TAKE A DAY OFF FROM WORK FOR IT. =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey!! I Love your photos collages! and this skirt is awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your skirt!
    Also, where did you get your nail polish from? That colour looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful skirt! I love the season changes...wish I could live in a place to see that in person though! xxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. your photos are just so gorgeous!! and such a lovely skirt too :)

    and added you to our links list, your blog is so sweet ^^

    plus, it's comforting to see at least someone else is experiencing colder weather =P yay to the southern hemisphere!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely outfit, especially that skirt. I want those pink flowers in my garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely skirt! Hope you love the book and post something about it soon!

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been resisting the siren call of the Sims 3...I know I would not do anything else for about 3 weeks if I got it! I am fascinated by the description of this book -- I think I'm going to order it online; it sounds VERY interesting! BTW, I've missed you!! I've been so busy that I've gotten behind on my blog reading ;)
    Cheers,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  26. you are beautiful! and i love your style.

    and you know i love your pictures too. just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. couldnt take my eyes of your skirt, you looks absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous photos as always and I'm so envious of that skirt. I wish it was autumn here. That's my favorite time of year.I need a good book to read. And now I'm tempted to pick up a copy of The Thoughtful Dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  29. wooop how wonderful is that skirt! you live in such a beautiful place, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful skirt and cardigan! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  31. i want a bag like that!
    you look sweet i love the green and nacy combo!
    lovely pics of the leaves yay for nice weather (im burning up!)
    have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. such a great skirt and lovely photographs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. what a cute skirt
    ilvoe the buttons
    We Were Damsels

    Thanks for the lovely comment we really appreciate you stopping by our blog

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really like your skirt, it's so modern, I would like to have a skirt like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. absolutely love that skirt!! its gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. these photos are just gorgeous and I love LOVE your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the combination of colors in your outfit. You look very cute. Autumn is my favorite season-- all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  38. you look lovely honey!love your skirt
    x
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  39. pretty trees! and cute skirt (:

    haha, i loved what you said about that artist and his "collection"

    and i must absolutely agree with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really like your blog. You have some gorgeous outfits and the background is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  41. those leaf shots at the end and the tree are gorgeous.
    do u work for a magazine or something?

    ReplyDelete
  42. Perfect skirt! The waffles looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  43. your skirt is so chic and retro-looking...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. i love that pink flower!! not sure if i already said it :P mwa

    ReplyDelete
  45. So classy and chic....love the nuetrals you used.

    ReplyDelete
  46. cute nautical skirt! love it

    xoxo
    neira


    http://missneira.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. Oh, the gingko leaves are too pretty.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?