The Front Room Links

31 May 2009

hail on my windowsill


I woke up today to the sound of hail hitting the sash windows. I got up, opened the window, and found a pile of crushed ice lining my pink windowsill. It's bitterly cold. There is no food in the house. But I have wool polka-dot socks on, The Simpsons on tv, and your blog for company!



TOP ♥ Cardigan & Singlet from Glassons ♥ Skirt from Evolution NZ ♥ Earrings from Iko Iko ♥ Bracelets from Diva ♥
BOTTOM ♥ Leather jacket from Evolution NZ ♥ Top from Max ♥ Necklace from Bling ♥ Headband worn as Necklace from Bling ♥

32 comments:

  1. i second the above comment! it sounds like a nice, hot cup of cocoa is in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT'S SNOWING!!! SNOOOOOOW!!! IN WELLINGTON!!!!!!! *die* I'd never seen snow before. I was a snow virgin until just 5 minutes ago. It only lasted for about 5 minutes, because the sun is out again, but SNOOOOOOOOOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the necklace and the black jacket! is it reallyyyy super cold there now? it's rainy season here now and i think it's cold, but i can't imagine the cold there. hihihihi.

    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always wanted to wear a leather jacket... maybe a biker one.

    but i'd simply look crazy wearing it here in sunny Cebu.

    yours totally rocks though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get warm with an extra plaid!

    So strange to see the weather here's getting better by the day...and at the other side it's snowing :)

    Take Carezzz

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirt with the zipper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, boy. I do hate NZ winters...and as I recall, our winter doesn't even strat till next week! haha.
    But i must say- hot milo, snuggling in blankets and watching re-runs of the hills does make a good winters day don't you think? ;)
    I love that jacket...its lush!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i meant "start"...haha.
    i must edit my comments more often. tehe.
    p.s. do you watch nz's next top model? who are you in for? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay warm, dear :)
    Make some hot tea and snuggle up in front of the TV (or computer). That's what winter is for.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so warm where I am!! Wish I could share some of it with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I'm sorry about the weather. It's been crazy hot here, so I guess we just need to average out our temperatures. I love the chain necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love a good storm every now and then, but maybe that's just me! I love the leather jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahh, i'm so jealous of your cold weather! it's nice to see the sun, but i'm really not a fan of this heat... haha, i don't know how many people i tell this to, but it's crazy how much weather can affect my mood! oh well. i hope you have a relaxing, indulgent day at home (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like your sweater, the pattern is so delicate and pretty. how did you do the collage picture thing? it looks great.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  15. that leather jacket is awesome. and the last photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You rock on the second outfit.=)
    And i also like your top on the first photo.=) Stay warm,have a nice day.=)


    A Writers Den
    The Brown Mestizo

    ReplyDelete
  17. It rarely snows here (in the area where I live) the closest we get to it is hail and it always shocks the hell out of me! But I like it... nice change from the heat. Hope you had a good Sunday (despite the lack of food) and hope you have an even nicer rest-of-the-week! Lovely photographs.xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Blogs are always good company! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  19. i just find out how to make photos larger:))
    i love yours top from Max!!!
    ohhhh:))

    ReplyDelete
  20. anytime swettie.. :)

    yes..it's me on the pic :P..
    i thought i should put a picture of myself..so i could make it more personal..
    (i like it cause i look redhead too:$)

    ReplyDelete
  21. that's all good with me :) but would it be ok if you changed the link name to just "Here Comes the Sun" ?
    setyourselfonfire is just my username :)

    love your necklaces in this post xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wooooops! I thought I left you a comment that I passed you an award! heehheheh.... but now you found out yourself! :)

    *I also have to iron my bf's clothes, and he has a lot of formal shirts.... Lucky you! Having a boyfriend doing that for you!

    and haven't watched Little women...dunno why.... I watched little Christian Bale in Stephen Spielberg's Empire of the Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ice?! where i am we have heat and humidity! i'll send you some :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow it's that cold? The weather in the UK is like the middle of July at the moment, it's lovely but given the British weather, it could be cold and rainy all next week so I'm definitely going to savour the good weather as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your necklace is great and I like the way you wear it with the black jacket :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the jacket!! It looks so cozy! I always admire your taste in understated but elegant jewelry you put on with your outfits! xxxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great layered necklace. Hail is miserable weather indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww you look miserable! Don't be sad! You look cute!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?