Everyone's been giving this collection rave reviews. Now - I've never been one for minimalism but I finally get it. Kind of. But this is where fashion boggles me; is this a case of Emperor's New Clothes (He's naked, folks. No one just has the guts to say it) or are a range of tailored shift dresses with funny peplums and coloured linings *really* as revolutionary as they're saying? Full points to any commentor who can convince me either way without *once* a reference to the recession and minimalism. I open the floor...
For the full collection, click here.

For the full collection, click here.

dresses, dresses i love dresses
ReplyDeleteWell they're obviously gorgeous and I love the colored lining, but revolutionary? I don't think so. But maybe that's because I'm an Alaskan hick who knows nothing about fashion.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I didn't get the whole wearing fur to a club thing. But I definitely got a giggle out of it. Kurt wanted me to take a picture of her but A: I'm not brave enough to ask to take a picture of somebody I don't know, and B: she'd be pissed when she found out that I only loved her outfit based on how horrid it was.
i love jil sander, this clean look and the rest, but the new collection is definitelly not my favourite. btw i like this flower background.
ReplyDeletehi!thanks for your advice!i like tailored dresses, but i hate boring clothing...only those who are very slim and "interesting"looking could really pull this off i think...
ReplyDeleteThose bright coloured linings peeking out are too cute. I've never been a dressing minimalist but a great cut is a great cut.
ReplyDeletethank u baby:***
ReplyDeletehar har the note was an impromptu poem I wrote about my period after the painful cramps woke me up at 1am.
ReplyDeletehmm these dresses look like something that could belong in a certain type of museum. Like The New Museum in NYC.
Those orange pumps are perfect. Don't U know? :)
ReplyDeletexoxo: Janet
I love the little pops of colour peeking out!
ReplyDeleteI don't see it as particularly revolutionary though, but what do I know...
It has his menswear looks in them! The shapes of the dresses work better in girls.
ReplyDeleteIt has his menswear looks in them! The shapes of the dresses work better in girls.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. Are these designs really as revolutionary as people make them out to be? Is Prada, Marni, Jil Sander, MJ really *that* groundbreaking? Who knows. I guess what I do know is sometimes I find designs lacking, but that doesn't mean they're still utterly amazing, artistic, evocative, inspired, and fresh...you know?
ReplyDeleteAnywho, coming from Jil Sander, these are the shapes and silhouettes we expect every season just with a fresher citrus-y twist. Still good, but revolutionary? Nah. ; )
so chic!
ReplyDeleteoh, the shoes ♥
ReplyDeleteand that last orange dress is gorgeous .
x
lol sounds exactly like the sort of thing you'd do to the wee twat haha
ReplyDeleteLike how honest you are. I think there are quite a few people who sugar-coat their personal reviews to reflect those presented by 'noted critics' *ahem*
I agree, nothing spectacular here and within alot of other collections. The vibrant lining doesn't even deem these designs and i'm all for pretty things!
Hows Welly? I'm totally missing the wind, rather that and sun than gloom and rain :(
xx
I like the white dress (number 3). Otherwise, I think the look is a bit too clean for my taste;)
ReplyDeleteNooo, please, let's keep the excess and flowers and ruffles and the 60's, 70's and 80's a bit longer!!
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning collection! i love the simple white dresses :)
ReplyDeleteThere's something daring about not depending on pattern. It's like a mondrian painting or minimalism in art--it is wholly dependent upon shape, clean lines, and artful design...I am a fan.
ReplyDeleteI really loved this collection... it's sort of a post-modern minimalism. Adore the pops of color, especially in the funnel neck coat. And that angular orange dress totally rocks my world!
ReplyDeletexoxox,
CC
i love the top right. that one really is revolutionary.
ReplyDeleteas for the emperor, i have nothing to say.
I've always veered towards basic and simple so this collection is right up my alley. I think think the tailoring and cuts are exquisite!
ReplyDeleteThat yellow lining is so unexpected. i love it!
ReplyDeleteloved the monotone palette with pops of colour every now and then.........gorgeous..
ReplyDeletehmm some people said "it's like dior's new look!" but to be honest, I don't really get what the fuss is all about... Maybe you have to see the garments up close to get it, I don't know!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could help you here. I do like minimalism, but this doesn't seem very unique. I do, however, love the little bits of color you see peaking out under those skirts :)
ReplyDeleteI love this line! All of the grays and whites are so perfect.
ReplyDeleteI love how the color is just peeping out from underneath the dresses... I wonder if I could get away with that for graduation.....
ReplyDeleteand a chair-gate story? I'll keep my eye out for it.