I'm only now catching up with my February magazines - at the end of March. Elle UK Feb '09 has gleefully pronounced that the upcoming Spring/Summer season for the Northern Hemisphere is the "trend-less season." Apparently, designers put out such varied shows that Elle were unable to discern a cohesive approach to dressing in summer.
This made me snort in disbelief. Here I was thinking fashion was about dressing for yourself, trend or no-trend. Hark ye, hark ye - the goddesses of print media have declared it alright for you to dress in whatever the hell you want, ladies. So go nuts. Dress yourself in whatever makes you happy rather than what makes them happy. It is a "trend-less" season after all. Print media is such a load of guff sometimes. No wonder I just buy it for the pretty pictures and leave the intelligent fashion/social commentary to you lovely ladies of the blogosphere.

PS: A little confusion. The extent of my rapping skills is purely for karaeoke purposes. I am no MC. I was writing tongue-in-cheek. If only I really could.

♥ Vest from Valleygirl ♥ Skress is thrifted ♥ Necklace from Diva ♥ Ring from Diva ♥ Bangle from MNG ♥ Shoes from Nude ♥

♥ Scarf is thrifted ♥ Dress from Forever 21 ♥ Top from Zara ♥ Bangle from MNG ♥

PS: A little confusion. The extent of my rapping skills is purely for karaeoke purposes. I am no MC. I was writing tongue-in-cheek. If only I really could.
But Ana, what am I going to wear without any direction? What if I put it on and I look, shock-horror, different to everyone else?! I'm at a loss!
ReplyDeleteI love the white shoes..;D
ReplyDeleteLovely girl..=)
Have a nice day,hope you could put my blog link in your site..I would really appreciate it..;D
how many dresses do u have?he?:)))love it as always.u are soooo sweet
ReplyDeletehaha. I haven't ready many fashion magazines - curse my cheapskateness. I like what you said about the trend/ no trend idea.
ReplyDeletea trend-less trend?! That's funny. Perhaps they were to lazy to actually come up with a trend.
ReplyDeleteYour dresses are oh so pretty.
Love the red/orange? dress! It looks awesome on you.
ReplyDeleteI love the little heart necklace!
ReplyDeleteI love the design of your blog! Nice outfits throughout
ReplyDeleteYou look very womanly and sexy in your dresses :-) Especially I like this red one, it's great :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is such great news to me. I have this potato sack that's been hanging in my closet. Hello Spring!
ReplyDeleteI love the vest and skress combo!!
Trend or no trend, you are always so adorable!
ReplyDeleteLOL! I also like magazines, but find myself laughing and snickering more and more at the commentary and analysis they make...the blogosphere has just expanded so far beyond the ideas in fashion mags that I guess it gives a skewed perspective...I am like you, I'm just in it for the pictures; for real ideas and originality, I always go to blogs!
ReplyDeleteRed dress is cute! You look sweet ;))
ReplyDeleteVery cute outfits!
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm glad to hear there are no trends this season. Hahaha. I've never been able to follow them anyway. This could be exciting.
Love that first outfit. The vest is a great touch.
ReplyDeleteHow ridiculous that mag sounds! While I don't like to get trapped in trends, it is silly to state that there aren't any!
The first dress is amazing.
ReplyDeleteDid I ever mention that this floral wallpaper is the coolest I've ever seen?!?!
Love your blog. I also buy magazines almost exclusively for the pictures. I also really love the heart necklace worn in your first look.
ReplyDeleteAhhh LOVE that polka-dotted dress, so cute!!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all thank-you for the compliments and the birthday wishes!
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally agree with the magazine comments - I do just buy them for the pictures lol well mostly!
I love the orange on you! the headband (scarf)is really cute!
Also I wanted to tell you that I love the way you have laid out your pictures lately it looks great!
Those white shoes are cute. You look very sweet.
ReplyDeleteI can wear whatever I want?! Maybe this means I can wear my 80's jumpsuit in public? If I do a few shots of tequila first...
Oh I love this orange dress. It is so bright and pretty! <3
ReplyDeletei can't wait to wear whatever i want!
ReplyDeleteAh these outfits are so cute! And I love your blog =)
ReplyDeleteAlso I agree & that's a bit of a copout from Elle UK... hmm haha I love reading blogs for fashion commentary or otherwise as well
i love the red dress, so pretty on you
ReplyDeleteI love both dresses! I think the idea of a trendless season is completely ridiculous. We look around us and see everyone wearing generally the same styles and see that sort of as the starting point on which trends are built. However, that starting point is a trend in itself when you compare it to past eras. It just seems kind of weird to me.
ReplyDelete