The Front Room Links

18 February 2009

thanks fifty cents

Food and fashion don't generally go together. If you eat too much food, fashion deems that you don't look as good in most clothes as those that abstain from cake do. If you stop eating food, you look great in - hmmm, let's see - dropcrotch pants and Herve Leger bandage dresses, but you endanger your life and become - trust me on this - a generally grumpy bugger. As someone who used to be the size of a stick and is now somebody who has learnt her lesson, I deem that in this fashion blog -- the two belong together like a fat kid loves cake.

Peach melba, yellow sun, cake, cream and candy






Top Outfit: Vest from Witchery ♥ Skirt as Dress is thrifted ♥ Wedges from the Warehouse ♥ Necklace is vintage ♥ Bangles from Equip
Bottom Outfit: Cardi from the Warehouse ♥ Top from Principals ♥ Jade necklace from Trademe ♥ Skirt from Mossman ♥ Shoes from Max

and just in case you'd forgotten....


41 comments:

  1. Argh Ana, I love your sentiments. Sometimes I think it'd be great to be, well, starved looking. But food is one of the greatest joys in life! And a life without such pleasures is not much of a life, even if it would make you a great coathanger. You're a girl who knows how to get dressed - looking beautifully styled (and perfectly proportioned) as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ana. You are so adorable. That dress looks do pretty against your skin. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, do i love cake..it is the one food i just could'nt live without..and even though its not TECHNICALY cake, i have been craving the strawberry tarts they make at the bakery up the road.so bad it hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is so cute, and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ana!

    I am hungry and I am at work and I can not eat now! I love the pictures of food in your post today and the way you look like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    I love your blog, it is great to see more New Zealand girls representing in the blogsphere. I would love it if you checked my blog out and maybe we could exchange links! x Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the last photo :) You know what, I've never actually had a peach melba... :( Do they taste utterly scrumptious? :D

    Also, they will be in swonderful next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute...all of those pictures of sweets are simply precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for mentioning it.

    I for many years in my life had a mild eating disorder because of nerves of going to school. It put my learning into risk, made me grumpy and all... and seriously, I could never give away my condensed milk, my white chocolate, my cheese, etc etc etc. I am happy as I am now, even with all the stretch marks that I can't run from as reminders of my size changing times, but well. I am happy, I am ok and I will eat that piece of cake if you don't. *

    ReplyDelete
  10. girl, you are fabulous as always.
    what a delicious post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the colors in this post. You have no reservations to wear prints (they look so beautiful on you) and I admire that. Also, that 'you are beautiful' sign is great.
    PS, we can totally do Heart 'These Dreams' I do love that song as cheesey as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. let the models eat cake! and if they won't, more yumminess for us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That ice cream photo is potentially the cutest food photo ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hands down, Ana, you are adorable!
    I hope you've been having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an adorable post! I'm so happy I stumbled across your blog--great collage ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. two great outfits with lots of pretty images? what a great post! loving your pretty floral top + jade jewellery!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. two great outfits with lots of pretty images? what a great post! loving your pretty floral top + jade jewellery!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. All those desserts look so tasty! I love the flowered blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you very much, honey :)

    you look lovely! and I totally agree with you, when I haven't had food I am soooo moody! haha, my friends are like 'demi, eat something QUICK!' lol.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very sweet post (in more ways than one!) . . . love the peachiness of it!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tarot reading can get quite addicitve haha. I forgot to include Preen :/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hehe, added the cake recipe to my post for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Power to you girl! Totally agree - you look fabulous too.
    I love your blog like a fat kid loves cake! Ah yes the romance of 50 cent

    ReplyDelete
  24. here here! well said and I love the pics once again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think the InterWeb ate my comment... Anyway, you are correct about food and fashion, and how the lack thereof makes a person unpleasant to be around. Especially cake.
    I love that floral top on you! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh friend,those pictures are cool.
    But what i wanted most is the last pic,remember:you are beautiful..=D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey,
    Look at that last pic.
    I think you really a beautiful
    girl..=)

    ReplyDelete
  28. well doesn't life just look to great in NZ. I have to take a trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A little surprise is waiting for you on my blog! Please visit my blog for a moment :-)

    agus

    ReplyDelete
  30. you are beautiful.
    and this post with all the sweets and beautiful foods is fabulous

    *bisous*

    ReplyDelete
  31. All of that looks delicious... =]

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a fun little post. i love cake and truly believe i wouldn't be much fun if i didn't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You speak the truth lovely lady. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your first outfit, the colours look so yummy, just like a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  35. AMEN! while i would never consider myself one with a weight problem i have an hour glass figure - not whats common on the runway. sure, clothes look amazing on skinny chicks, but is it worth it? no? can you be a size 6 and fashionable - HELLZ YEAH

    lovely blog girl - your outfits are so cute and sunny

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?