The Front Room Links

16 February 2009

havana nights in puerto rico

This blindingly bright day in the weekend reminded me that there aren't many days left of summer. I can feel the chill of autumn and winter in the air. The colours and the light around this semi-derelict jetty reminded me of Cuba. Which reminded me of my sheepish adoration of Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights despite the fact it was filmed in Puerto Rico. And also rated #11 in Entertainment Weekly's Top 25 Worst Sequels Ever Made (2006). But my love knows no boundaries! And then we found a gypsy fair, complete with caravans, selling trinkets, waffles, and toy aeroplanes made out of beer cans.

Note to Kathleena the Tarot Reader: Even if you didn't have the flu, I wouldn't have paid 40 bucks for a tarot reading. Sorry.







♥ Blouse is vintage ♥ Skirt from Mink Pink ♥ Belt from Valley Girl ♥ Shoes are thrifted ♥

30 comments:

  1. you pull off the skirt/top combo so well, and the shoes are cute!i see the gypsy fair is coming here in a couple of weeks...i too won't be paying the $40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously!? I LOVE Dirty Dancing Havanna Nights. The music. The dancing. The atmosphere. Absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks so magical! Where? Lovely photos and lovely skirt too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos. Love the outfit and the backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your skirt.i waant summer s much when i look at your pics. and i also put your link on my blog:))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahmigash! was this at petone??? that bus with the tire in the front looks SO FAMILIAR! ...or they could be a roaming gypsy fair... which is more likely... :)

    i can't get enough of your skirt! i love that wild pair stocks mink pink, and also this japanese brand that i can never remember... hm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute skirt! I haven't seen the sequel, I don't want to taint the memory of the original! =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. gahh, i love this skirt!! i seriously fall for anything floral, especially in skirt form! it is really very lovely.

    thanks so much for linking us, you are too kind! hopefully hear from you soon :)

    /maisie #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks so cool! I wish we had these in England.
    Really lovey outfit as well

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're obviously drawing out the last of summer with your gorgeous bright floral skirt and lovely sunny yellow blouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gypsy fair sounds fabulously cool - and your photos don't disappoint!! As always, your collages completely transport me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous collage, darling! And I looooove your skirt!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful pictures, with so many colours and so much sun!
    We have now winter and snow, it's cold, brrr.. and here, by you, I can feel summer.
    You look so sweet and sunny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of a gypsy fair. However, it looks like a fun way to pass a summer day! The sleeve detail on your blouse is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures. The blue and yellow is so nice and bright. I'm sort of glad your summer is ending...because then it will come here. Sorry, I'm a terribly selfish person when it comes to nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this may show how sad my life is, but have you ever tried getting a free tarot reading online? It just randomly generates cards for you, and I got an amazingly accurate one the other day (was in one of those 'WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD? moods). Here's the link:

    http://www.facade.com/tarot/

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL photos!! You look ever so lovely and your skirt is truly cute :) .

    Much Love,
    Carlita

    ReplyDelete
  18. How I wish I could be there... lovely ensemble, as always!

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome! I wanna find anything that exciting here!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your skirt is lovely!
    And gypsies!?! Seriously! haha I didn't know they still existed. I used to want to join a gypsy caravan when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i've just decided i should move to new zealand every winter (every US winter that is)

    ps: nice shades, ha

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG love the blog...going to have to follow! Come ova and 'scheck' mine out! Need to follow...because hopefully it will get as good as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great outfit! ♥♥ that floral skirt !

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great photos and I love that blouse with the gorgeous skirt. It looks like you stepped out straight from an Anthropologie catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great outfit! You look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks for dropping by my blog :)

    it's a great blog you have here...loving the rich colors of these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh myyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
    I love your blog..
    That was a nice skirt,even the yellow blouse,it's nice them together.Nice combination..=)

    ReplyDelete
  29. love these blues and yellows, makes me wish it was summer!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?