The Front Room Links

28 February 2009

dedicated to the ones i love


While I'm no Susie Bubble who is clearly queen of spotting up-and-comers and exciting new designers, I do know what I like. And for Fall/Winter collections at New York Fashion Week, this is the one that did it for me. James Coviello presenting a range of dresses and separates so deliciously girly, twee, and whimsical that I can understand why he fell of style.com's radar. And I love him for that!

This is dedicated to the girls out there who have made peace with the fact that they will always look a little behind trend, as if on the way to the latest looks they got distracted by a twee floral print, a prim peep toe heel, a vintage wash, and a kiddish lace headband. Keep rocking. Coviello's got your back.




These images and background prints from jamescoviello.com



These images from nymag

17 comments:

  1. oh youre too cute! i love these photographs :) just wonderful!

    thank you sooo much for your comment! yes, im super scared to really make a connection with the girls. hahah its funny...i really shouldnt be intimidated by high school freshman girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the long blue and cream (?) dress with the big flower. It has a glamorous vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the line is pretty! thnks for your comment on my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the line. So beautiful. The dresses are just what I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this collection too, and your description is so lovely! My fave part of Coviello's collection was the velvet-banded fedoras! Amazing collages, as usual darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so beautiful !!
    i really like your blog !=)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely girly, sweet and gorgeous. Loving it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, these outfits could not be any more fabulous. swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way these are presented....and thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the short printed dresses. This is great collection. It's cool to profile new designers and then see if they "make it big." :)
    P.S. Most scientists/anthropologists think the ancients could see blue; they described blue items (like the sky) with the same term as red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love James Coviello! I really can't stand all the "Fashion" that goes on at Fashion Week. It's so gross and unreal!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and linking me! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am waaaaaaay behind trends. like years actually. hehe.

    i love your site.

    my husband and i will be moving to NZ this March, ill follow him in June. Am very excited.

    you have a great blog.
    LOOK! I've linked you to my site.

    have a great day!

    visit me sometime
    http://denisekatipunera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That long blue and taupe dress is killing me. In a good way. = )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I just discovered your blog and I love it.
    You had me with your beautiful Marie Antoinette-esque border/banners and confessed love of cake!, let alone your content :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?