Today, I'm 80 percent closer to my personal goal of being in a position to take three months off to travel overseas with my husband. Once I know for sure, there's still the not-so-small matters of booking flights, rail passes, checking visa requirements, searching for accommodation, and all the details that go into planning a trip like this. But to me, that's the easy bit. Once return tickets are booked and my leave negotiated, I can breathe. And dream!
The destinations will be a mix of welcome returns and totally new places. On one leg of the trip, we're going to Turkey, through Jordan, and into Israel. We're still working on what other routes and areas to focus on. But at the moment, I'm wanderlusting after the Topkapi Palace, elaborate mosques, palm trees and dates, the Dead Sea, a search for the perfect Turkish rug, and contemplating the headscarf.
Click on each photo to be taken to their source.
The destinations will be a mix of welcome returns and totally new places. On one leg of the trip, we're going to Turkey, through Jordan, and into Israel. We're still working on what other routes and areas to focus on. But at the moment, I'm wanderlusting after the Topkapi Palace, elaborate mosques, palm trees and dates, the Dead Sea, a search for the perfect Turkish rug, and contemplating the headscarf.
Click on each photo to be taken to their source.
Istanbul, Pammukale, Cappadocia






Petra, Jerash, Amman




Jerusalem, Tel Aviv



P.S. because I'm a girly swot, I'm going to get in the mood with these books:
- The Pillars of Hercules by Paul Theroux
- The Bastard of Istanbul by Elif Shafak
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Fast Times in Palestine by Pamela J Olson
- (and re-read the book that described Istanbul so vividly and romantically that I made up my mind that it was a place I had to go to) The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Come to Norway!!!!
ReplyDelete