It was Alain de Boitton in The Art of Travel who asked the questions, Why and How do people travel? He proposed this:
If our lives are dominated by a search for happiness, then perhaps few activities reveal as much about the dynamics of this quest...than our travels. They express...an understanding of what life might be about, outside the constraints of work and the struggle for survival
I travel for exactly this reason. I travel to run from the everyday. I'm idealising the notion of travel of course; the reality of 24 hour flights, getting lost, and homesickness are far from romantic. However, these more painful aspects are easily borne when the opportunity for escape (at least for a couple of weeks) is so good.
♥ Photos by Rob D on a Canon EOS 5D ♥ For a photo of what he looked like taking these photos click here ♥
♥ Jacket from Valley Girl ♥ Dress from Karen Walker ♥ Loafers from Topshop ♥ Jewellery from Diva ♥
Your dress is just beautiful!! Such lovely photos :) I wish I was going to be travelling soon...I feel like all my friends are planning overseas holidays and I'm stuck at Uni :( Maybe I'll have to plan a small escape...
ReplyDeleteHannah x
i love this post. your outfit is wonderful and i love how you borrowed from a book and expounded on it. i wish i could travel for a living :)
ReplyDeleteawww, your blog is officially the most gorgeous thing ever! i love everything about it. :) I'm DEFINITELY following. Would you follow me? xo www.avenuemaria.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletep.s: i love your outfit, you look so lovely. <3
Hi Ana! Lovely pictures! The quote is so true! Even though there are hassels, the joys of being in a new place and getting an adventure is really worth it!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about weekend outfits...I usually grab my white tshirts with denim cutoffs or if I'm feeling dressy, I'll put a light cardigan or a jacket. :-) xoxooo
Lovely pics and a goreous dress!
ReplyDeleteAll this talk of travel gives me itchy feet :D Sometimes I think I could just keep moving :)
It's true! Love Ur dress, darling lady!
ReplyDeleteIve never been overseas before. One day I hope to travel to where my parents were born, one in the UK, one in Germany.
ReplyDeleteI love the lighting in your photos.
Rose
I adore your necklace and the dress is beautiful. I wish I wasn't so scared of travel. I tend to focus on the negative aspects. I just miss my home so much and the people that are not with me and I am terrified of long plane trips. I want to work on this, I'm concerned it will hold me back for life.
ReplyDeleteHear, hear. I haven't been on a ''big'' trip for quite a few years, but the feelings on the subject are still the same.
ReplyDeleteThat first photo! LOVE! Your Karen Walker dress is pretty swell, too.
Wishing you a great week, dearest Ana.
Nice Post!
ReplyDeleteYou got a lovely blog!
I'm following now!
wanna follow me?
love,xx
I have no idea how you mananged to make scaffolding and construction look so alluring, the play with the sunlight is tops!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, can I have your jacket? :D
great quotation from the book :) and your dress looks lovely! hope i can have my shots taken like these too :P
ReplyDeletethe light this time of year can be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI always feel like a holiday or travelling is an escape from reality - and coming home is almost like a come down from a dream.
ReplyDeleteLove the dress - I almost bought that same one but had to stop myself.. looks super gorgeous on you with that jacket.
By the way - I think you wandered past Finc while I was there for lunch on Saturday? quite possibly?
The thought of an escape from the real world is so appealing to me right now. I honestly love love love to travel:)
ReplyDeleteAnd I adore your checkered dress, I think it's the sweetest print!
xx
you look super cute, as usual. love that dress on you, and the pics are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree, travelling is all about escaping the mundane realities of everyday life and then discovering beautiful things that are mundane and everyday to other people. You learn so much from travelling and I hope I get to travel to many, many places in the future!
ReplyDeleteI really love these photos. Love the quality of the photos!
great pictures!!!
ReplyDeleteMAN. these are great. haha. the lighting is so cool, and your plaid/jacket/ring/nail polish are sublime
ReplyDeleteooooh, these photos look so moody and forlorn. or perhaps i am projecting.
ReplyDeletewonder where your travels will take you next? hmm. i am working on some mini travel plans. nothing glamorous, but it still is so nice to have something to look forward to. it is good to get out and see new stuff. very good.
I hardly travelled when I was working because I was ¨married¨ to my job. After finally giving it up and getting married for real,I did the first thing which I´ve been wanting to do for the longest time,travelling.The best thing is, I´m doing this with someone who shares the same passion as I do.
ReplyDeleteI heart your plaid dress, Ana! :)
I just sometimes wish that traveling to many places was less expensive. My dad always talks about how he used to hop over to Europe and then spend a month to two months just hanging about, taking the train from place to place.
ReplyDeleteSigh...
how did your ektar shots turn out?
ReplyDeletehoping you had some beauties :)