The Front Room Links

23 April 2011

bear claws


UPDATE 23/04 I've got a little photographic feature on inconnu///unknown. It really is an honour for me to be featured on a site with so many amazing people who take photos so beautiful it makes my eyes hurt. Sometimes I think Genevieve must have made a mistake but she assures me she hasn't! Please visit. 

Sometimes I look at my flight bookings for Eastern Europe and already, I feel exhausted. To get from Wellington to Vienna, I have to fly for about 25 hours (not counting stopover times when I'm wandering around airports drinking grainy coffee and loitering at magazine stands). On the way back, I lose three days of my life to air travel. Being marooned on an island where the horizons are so endless and blank it makes you feel like you're at the end of the world, it's frightening how far you have to go to leave. The sheer distance of where I live is usually a blanket, but if you're not careful, it can almost become a very very comfortable trap.

♥ Photos by Rob on a Pentax K1000 with Kodak Portra NC100 film 
♥ Coat from Asos ♥ Dress from Valley Girl ♥ Shoes from Trademe ♥ Scarf from Witchery 

9 comments:

  1. Ooh, that scarf is lovely! And the color of the coat is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the double exposure on the photo D.
    "but if you're not careful, it can almost become a very very comfortable trap." Well said.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember how sick (and embarrassed) I was on the flight home. I was up for over 24 hours and I'm sensitive to motion sickness. Not awesome.


    I love Rob's photos! I miss yours! I'll be emailing you soon on the revival of miles apart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, I adore the double exposure!! Agree that living so far from the rest of the world makes it exhausting to travel, but it is so so SO worth it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, that does sound exhausting! I dont think I could be on a plane for that long. The hour and a half from Adelaide to Melbourne is long enough for me ;)
    Your coat is a real lovely colour.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found you via innconu/unknown! Your work is beautiful, love every picture that is featured! Looking foward to see more on your blog!!
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a nice feature - so welled deserved! Congrats, Ana :)

    Oh my, that is an excruciating amount of time to be in the air. Exploring all the nooks & crannies of Eastern Europe will make up for it, I'm sure. And just think of, despite their distance from the rest of the world, how welcome the simple joys of home will appear upon your return.

    LOVING Rob's photos, as always. I feel redundant in saying so (and I'm sure I've said that before), but it's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that is a lot of plane time! i guess you need to make sure you have lots of good tunes/books to read. these photos are so cool, and i love your green coat!! congrats on the photog feature, by the way (not surprised at all). (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Ana I don't understand why my comment on this post did not show up. :( Anyhow, congratualtions on the Inconnu//Unknown feature! Truly well deserved. Also, wow I didn't know you're also Filipino. That's awesome! When will you get to visit Manila again? Hope we could meet if ever you come and visit :)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?