The Front Room Links

24 May 2010

four w's and one h

Maybe it's the weather. Or perhaps its the fact that by 5 pm every day, the sky is pitch black. But I appear to be spending more and more time gazing out of the window, at the peltering grey rain outside, and thinking about one thing and one thing only - escape - how, why, what, where, and who......


♥ Dress is Vintage from Missy's Room, Cuba Street ♥ Cardigan from Valley Girl ♥ The Ana Cocktail Ring from Down and Out Chic ♥ Bangle from Petone Fair

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress, darling!


    P.S.: ♥Please don't forget to join the Miskay GIVEAWAY!♥

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, with a gorgeous view like that, I'm thinking of escaping to your place:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to America. Its just starting to heat up over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to escape wherever YOU are :)

    These pictures are stunning- I love the pastel colors you are wearing.

    Whenever I feel the need to escape...I take a long walk.

    It only kind of works ;)

    Love,
    maggie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am totally there with you! Actually I am looking out my window at the very pelting rain you are referring to right now. I wore gumboots to walk to work today (I walk from Brooklyn to Kelburn). I looked at my savings account this morning and tried to decide on a hot exotic location I could escape to. Preferably today.

    x

    ps. Your photos are lovely as usual and you look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very good ..
    it's interesting for me, thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its been raining and gloomy here too. Im in front of the heater right now, its too cold to be anywhere else!
    I loveeeeeee your dress, such a beautiful fabric.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! That delicate dress with the little hints of colour against the steely grey water is heaven! Yes, I'm not enjoying the 5:OOpm night fall either. However, I am enjoying the cooler temps and no humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That with seasons is so fun and interesting. We'll have a summer soon, days are longer and longer, degrees are higher and higher..
    But I find myself thinking about an escape, too. So it isn't the weather. Maybe is a lack of sense?

    Peace and love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No don't be sad :) Your dress is lovely

    xo Mela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty dress!!!

    I'm a new follower : ) glad I found your blog. Please check out mine too (and follow if you like it .. hope you do)

    www.the-blisslist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even if it's not technically 5pm here when it becomes dark, it sure feels like it. I've been meaning to email you. My cam batter is dead with no charger in sight. My flickr is sad. Grounds for depression? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous shots! I'm planning to come up to Welly sometime in the next few weeks - would be lovely to see you. :)

    A xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weather has this incredible power to set the tone and mood for the day, doesn't it? I never used to think much of the weather but now, everything I do is dependent on it! Shucks. Hugs, despite it turning dark so quickly over there, you have the nicest dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dress. On the other side of the planet, we have the exact same problem every winter so I do understand the feeling. Sending you hugs all the way from Norway! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. i know the feeling well, lately i've been driven wild by a sense of wanderlust. I simply must GO somewhere. Beautiful shots.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do believe the early sunsets are the only downside to the otherwise perfect beauty of autumn.

    Gorgeous dress, m'dear. Isn't stumbling upon perfect vintage treasures such as this supremely exhilarating?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm on the exact same page as you. I actually find the weather quite depressing... hmm. Lovely dress though :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh beautiful, all of it.

    p.s. i am LOVING your new tumblr. seriously. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww, maybe you can take a trip! i must say, the gray sky is very becoming in this post. your dress is so pretty!

    and... the granny thing up there ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?