Human beings have constructed a notion of what time is - how it should be divided and what it measures (seconds, minutes, hours, days, years). Time is also about perception. It flies. It slows to a grind. It goes in the blink of an eye. Some days, I want to hold time in my hand - because I fear the years ahead, because a certain moment is so special I want to trap it like an insect in amber. Other days, I want to fast forward - past the hard bits full of work and hurt, past the boring hours of obligation and tedium. All I know is, time will run out. And it will leave you behind. The trick is spending that time with the right person so that when time is slow, you have good company to while away the hours. And when time is fast, you can run alongside a person who'll hold out his hand and make sure you keep up.




♥Blue tunic top from Forever 21 ♥ Sequined flats from Farmers ♥ Dress from Juliette Hogan ♥ Heels from Nude ♥ DIY necklace with gifted vintage white rose porcelain brooch from Ziggurat ♥ We stayed at the Holiday Inn, Featherson Street, Wellington♥
Time well spent are with those people i love , my husband, my best friends and sometimes just lazying around the house still with our koffy.
ReplyDeleteana i love the gray dress. it's so pretty on you.
sweet post :) i love the couch and cushions, and your juliette hogan dress! yum!
ReplyDeletetime is good, because it makes us live. without the notion of time, life will be so boring. everything is limitless. but sometimes i wish i could have longer days when i don't work, just to make up for lost leisure time :D :D :D :D
I like that last shot of the light!
ReplyDeletetime is certainly a fascinating thing and i think you've described it well. have you read einstein's dreams? i've been thinking about that book lately, it's a wonderful commentary on time.
ReplyDeleteI waste so much time, doing nothing productive, it makes me want to get up and do something.
ReplyDeleteBTW, i have those same damask pillows! i need that chair to match my living space now.
you really do look great :)
ReplyDeleteThe second dress is too pretty!
ReplyDeleteXoXo
I love your take on time...I just wish that I had an endless supply.
ReplyDeleteyou have the most beautiful posts...
Gorgeous photos. Gorgeous sentiment. I love the way you see things, Ana.
ReplyDeleteLovely photographs, outfits and thoughts dear Ana. I couldn't agree more.♥
ReplyDeleteYou look darling here Ana - that blue blue dress suits you to a "T". Ah! ...never truer words spoken - I feel very very blessed that I am with such a sympatico partner at the moment - I also feel very fortunate that I've found such a lovely blogging community - reading your blog and looking at your sweet pictures is always time well spent. Have a lovely week. XX
ReplyDeleteEvery seconds of hour is so important to me, and I make sure that i spent it on those important persons in my life. Very nice post indeed! =D Thanks for sharing. And btw, love your second dress. =D
ReplyDeleteSolo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy
time is fascinating but terrifying if you think about it too long. I've never wanted to grow up really fast, instead I clung to my childhood as long as i could. I love the curtain photos, and your lovely dress.
ReplyDelete-indigo
Well-said! It's so easy to forget about spending a quality time with the person we love because we get lost in the daily grind! Thank you for the reminder Anna :-) xxoxxo
ReplyDeleteVery true, very true indeed.
ReplyDeleteAnd atleast for you, you are spending your time in whatever way, and looking very cute when you do it!
What I'm trying to say is, I like the outfits :)
Time flies indeed especially when you're with someone that you love or in a moment that you want to cherish on forever. Nevertheless, you find time so slow when you're suffering, hurt or bored.
ReplyDeleteLove the grey dress,so femnine. ;)
your second dress i like!
ReplyDeleteOoo I love the dresses!
ReplyDeleteHeidi-and-Seek Boutique is my etsy shop, and I suppose it is sort of a brand as that's what the label on my items will say.
Thanks for the comment :)
Here's the link to my store
www.heidiandseekboutique.etsy.com
You look so beautiful wearing these dresses! love the color shades so much!
ReplyDeleteyou are such a cute girl!
many kisses friend!
time is such a tricky thing, and everything you have written here is so true. i am hoping to find that right person some day to while away most of my time with. SNIFF. hahahah. :)
ReplyDeletethank you very much for the comment dear :) i want to believe that she will.
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely dress is that one! :) oh my!
much love <3
just found your blog. great pics!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYour sentiments about time are so so true. And you are just adorable in all of these pictures. :)
ReplyDeletethat's a very pretty dress.
ReplyDeleteI want to freeze time all the time now that I've had my little dude! Love those pretty flats. : )
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures, I love the last two
ReplyDeleteAnd I know exactly what you mean!!! Uhh right now times is flying by in a good way, but sometimes I feel as though I don't have enough!
Great post (once again) lovely pictures and good advice spending time wisely is one of the most important things in life :)
ReplyDeleteI love this post, what you've said about time and people is really beautiful. Thank you :)
ReplyDeleteSagely words about the perception of time, sweet dear. I have always tried to value time, believing that we only get one spin on this rock and that it is wise to make the most of every moment. But that said, the older I get the even more I find myself appreciating it when I make the best out of my time, for I think of such things much more than I did a decade ago ;)
ReplyDeleteWishing you a splendid Thursday,
♥ Jessica
A I love that tan-ish dress
ReplyDeleteB That is possibly the most amazing firework ever
C I LOVE THAT CHAIR!
I totally agree with you, Ana B - and I think that's such a sweet sentiment! I adore both dresses and necklaces you are wearing! And that photo of the dress hanging in the window is beeeeyoootiful! Hope you are having a wonderful week! Your posts always make my weeks a little more relaxed and inspired ;)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree. Time flies when you're having fun. Such a sweet post.
ReplyDeleteThat blue dress is so pretty on you. Oh and yes Vivi magazine is Japanese. Japanese magazines are my weakness!
I love you in blue, it suits your skin so beautifully!!
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to see that you treasure time! For us, it seems like time is so slow for our lives to improve... yet so fast, wanting my son grow up and getting older (listen to me, I'm only 23!) but definitely... life is just a breath
ReplyDeleteBoth of these dresses are pretty, but that second dress is insane!! So gorgeous!
ReplyDeletethat dress is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteso absolutely true...i always worry about time and how it goes so quickly!
ReplyDeleteoh, you are right...masha does look like a female karl in her outfit huh? great interpretation!
cute summer dress....new zealanders rejoice! summer is nearly here! :)
love the beadwork of your black flats! so pretty..
ReplyDelete