UPDATE: 6,786 Miles Apart is being hosted by Diana. Please visit to see what our week looked like! For what this photographic collaboration is all about, click here.
The word "buffet" sends me into a spin. Every Valentine's Day, the Patient Photographer indulges my greatest whims by allowing me to wear a tent-like dress without a defined waist and watching me tackle ladies out of the way at an Early Bird buffet in a local hotel. Pure romance. This evening I went for dinner at a Hare Krishna-run vegetarian buffet and nearly keeled over with delight at the sight of my groaning plate. Oooo paneer will be the death of me and my arteries.

NOW -- Two things I received in the mail! Naomi Rose's beautiful print which I luckily won during one of Diana's many amazing giveaways. It is gorgeous and I am getting it specially framed. Thank you so much. It is a delight.

Also, have I mentioned that the art books in New Zealand are heinously expensive? Which is why I was so excited to realise that these same books are available on Amazon often at half the price, even when you take shipping into account! My first purchase is The Age of Feminine Drawing. It is so gorgeous and filled with breathtaking illustrations in various media. I completely recommend it.

The word "buffet" sends me into a spin. Every Valentine's Day, the Patient Photographer indulges my greatest whims by allowing me to wear a tent-like dress without a defined waist and watching me tackle ladies out of the way at an Early Bird buffet in a local hotel. Pure romance. This evening I went for dinner at a Hare Krishna-run vegetarian buffet and nearly keeled over with delight at the sight of my groaning plate. Oooo paneer will be the death of me and my arteries.

♥ Dress from Zara ♥ Cardigan from Glassons ♥ Shoes from H&M ♥ Earrings from Diva ♥
NOW -- Two things I received in the mail! Naomi Rose's beautiful print which I luckily won during one of Diana's many amazing giveaways. It is gorgeous and I am getting it specially framed. Thank you so much. It is a delight.

Also, have I mentioned that the art books in New Zealand are heinously expensive? Which is why I was so excited to realise that these same books are available on Amazon often at half the price, even when you take shipping into account! My first purchase is The Age of Feminine Drawing. It is so gorgeous and filled with breathtaking illustrations in various media. I completely recommend it.

Haha, we picked the same photo from the giveaway! :) The dark blue of the dress is wonderful
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhhhh my gosh.
ReplyDeleteThat book is amazing! I wanted to buy it a few months ago but couldn't find it anywhere!!!
I want!
PS Your dress is so pretty. Zips are the new.... I don't know what. haha.
Anyway. Keep up the fab work!
i want your dress!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't BELIEVE it already arrived! I thought it was going to take weeks! x
ReplyDeletewow! lovely dress! i do the same too, i have myself a kangaroo dress whenever we're gonna feast out! hihi.
ReplyDeletebtw visit me sometime, just got back from Corregidor. I know you'll love the place! Have a great day!
Yep! That's the perfect dress for eating out on buffet, black and stylish too! I do have lots of empire blouses for those buffet meals and I love it when you can sample everything that is laid out on a long table. ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://cereza72.wordpress.com/
That book looks so pretty! I will have to check it out!
ReplyDeleteThe detailing on that dress is perfection - the slight gold makes it really interesting!
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on your lovely new goodies - they both look wonderful!
Ooh, congrats on winning the giveaway. The print you selected is beautiful. The art book looks wonderful, I'll have to check it out sometime.
ReplyDeleteThat is one beauty of a dress!
You have me all excited about buffets now! ;)
i can't wait for my photo to come and that book looks divine. oh and you're adorable in your "tent" dress, although that's not what it looks like at all!
ReplyDeleteYou're right (about showing how we framed it) I'll keep my eyes open when nect visiting a thrift shop :)
ReplyDeleteSorry, I meant "next" of course...
ReplyDeleteThat dress is adorable! I also received my Naomi Rose print just yesterday - wasn't the whole package delightful? And that looks like a very interesting book!
ReplyDeleteYou look very elegant and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLove that dress!!!!!!!!
I keep seeing all of these wonderful prints from Naomi Rose. They are all so pretty. That book looks fantastic too!
ReplyDeleteUr zip dress is fantastic on U!
ReplyDeleteX♥X♥
That dress is awesome.
ReplyDeleteThat book looks wonderful!!!!
ReplyDeletethat dress is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the giveaway win! the packaging alone looks superb.
That art book looks really good. I wonder if they have it here. Will have to check it out.
lovely dress :)
ReplyDeleteand now I am hungry thanks :)
i love that dress!
ReplyDeletewow i love the dress! its simply cute!
ReplyDeleteI am all about buffets! I went on a cruise when I was in high school, and the thing I was most excited about it was buffets! All the time!
ReplyDeleteAnd I would die for a vegetarian buffet.
i love your dress!! and buffets!!
ReplyDeletei love the photo you chose from naomi! great taste!! that last book looks so cool. why are nz art books so much?? this one looks amazing! the black page with the florals, designs! yes please!
Is that a zipper or piping on your dress? Either way, it's fabulous. You've got the cutest smile in that first picture.
ReplyDeleteAnd oh, how I love donning my stretchy pants and going to an all-you-can-eat buffet. Yum.
your blog is vert beautiful
ReplyDeleteGorgeous dress, love the zip detail!
ReplyDeleteEven the envelope is so cute decorated!
xoxo
Love your dress ~ you look fab!
ReplyDeletexoxox,
CC
This dress is so funky! It really suits you!
ReplyDeleteLove that Zara dress! (Aw; I'm missing Zara now!); Anyway; that looks like an awesome book which you've got for a steal from Amazon!
ReplyDeleteI remember that about NZ - expensive school books, anyway! That dress's details are fab - for me, I bloat super easy sO i am ALL about the empire waists and babydolls!
ReplyDeleteNice dress!
ReplyDeletexx
Love that zara dress on you - perfect buffet attire!
ReplyDeleteI want your dress too xoxoox
ReplyDeleteooo, that book looks wonderful!! thanks for the tip (:
ReplyDeletealso, i love your dress too! very cute.
Adorable! lbd's are just to good everytime.
ReplyDeleteI love zipper accent!! And my goodness!! I envy you for that book!
ReplyDeleteWOAh that book looks so amazing. i am bookmarking that and asking for it next chance i get!
ReplyDeleteI sent the package maybe 2 weeks ago? It took like 3 months to get to Marcella from Oz but local should be a couple of days. Give it one more week and I'll send a replacement. I'm prepared like that ;)
xx
You are so right - buffets are amazing! I love the zipper detail on the dress! :) x
ReplyDeleteSuper dress!
ReplyDelete& that is some sweet packaging the Naomi Rose print came in. I love it when people put some thought into their lovely packaging.
I totally get you on the cheaper books on Amazon thing! It's always a better idea to get a book used than new, especially when you consider the prices! I rarely buy books when I'm in a Barnes & Noble or a Borders (or some other bookstore selling new books) because I always think I can find them used somewhere. Instead, I just take pictures of the covers with my camera so I can remember what books I want next time I go to a used bookstore. Haha, the life of a cheapskate.
since you disabled comments for "Negotiations", so im posting it here. lol.
ReplyDeletei agree with you on all accounts. I liked the white one better than the pink. i love it's cut.
missy, how am i supposed to comment on your dress debacle when you disable comments?? haha. anyhow, i say go for the pink, though both are lovely xo
ReplyDeletelooks like a great book! i love the photos taken. and nice outfit! i wish i could eat so much more at buffets but my stomachs too little =( i miss out!!!!
ReplyDeletemwa
xxx
sydneygirl
that is such a cool dress!!!
ReplyDeleteI loev this dress..
ReplyDeleteBuffets, yeah!!! They always seem like such a good deal. Here in Italy they have 'Happy Hour' with a buffet of food, but it's sort of frowned upon to take more than one plate. :/
ReplyDelete